PDA

View Full Version : 3 hurt, 1 seriously, in Pamplona bull run

Teh One Who Knocks
07-08-2014, 12:02 PM
The Associated Press

http://i.imgur.com/I26eENW.jpg

PAMPLONA, Spain (AP) — Three people were injured, one seriously, as thousands of daredevils raced alongside six fighting bulls in the second running of the bulls at Spain's world-famous San Fermin festival Tuesday.

No one was gored but a Navarra regional government statement said a 23-year-old man from Nottingham, England, was in serious condition with chest injuries and rib fractures sustained during the frenzied dash through the narrow winding streets of this northern city. He was identified only by his initials, T. H.

The government said a Japanese man and a Spaniard were also treated in hospital for light injuries.

One person was gored in the opening run Monday.

Dozens of people are injured each year in the 8 a.m. runs along a 930-yard (850-meter) course from a holding pen to Pamplona's bull ring. Most are hurt in falls.

Fifteen people have died from gorings since record-keeping began in 1924.

The nine-day street-partying festival was immortalized in Ernest Hemingway's 1926 novel "The Sun Also Rises" and attracts thousands of foreign tourists.

deebakes
07-08-2014, 11:42 PM
:excellent:

Hal-9000
07-09-2014, 09:32 PM
So in 90 years of keeping track, only 15 people have died...that's 1 every 6 years..

more people get killed on a Saturday night in Chicago going to the store ffs :lol:

RBP
07-10-2014, 12:34 AM
If I am not mistaken, the Spaniard that was injured previously published a book on how to avoid injury during the running of the bulls. :lol:

RBP
07-10-2014, 12:36 AM
And an American who co-wrote a book called “How to Survive the Running of the Bulls” was badly gored on Wednesday in the morning bull run at the San Fermin festival.

It was an American. Geesh. :lol:

Godfather
07-10-2014, 07:26 AM
It was an American. Geesh. :lol:

I see the old 'write a book about something you're clueless about, and then test the theory' did not pay off :lol:

It was a bold move, I'll give him that!

Hal-9000
07-10-2014, 06:34 PM
not going to be a best seller, no sir :lol: