PDA

View Full Version : World Cup 2014: Russian priest claims coloured football boots are a 'homosexual abomination'

Teh One Who Knocks
07-09-2014, 11:53 AM
By Liam Prenderville - The Mirror

http://i.imgur.com/YVvh8DZ.jpg

A Russian priest has labelled coloured boots as a "homosexual abomination" and claims players may as well be wearing women's underwear.

Several of Fabio Capello's squad wore pink boots during the World Cup, as they were eliminated at the group stage without a win.

And Alexander Shumsky - in a column for Christian website, Russian People's Line - claimed that by wearing the bright boots, players were promoting the "gay rainbow".

This comes just days after players read our anti-discrimination messages on the pitch before the quarter-finals matches.

He write: "Wearing pink or blue shoes, the players might as well wear women's knickers or a bra.

"The liberal ideology of globalism clearly wants to oppose Christianity with football. I'm sure of it.

"Therefore I am glad that the Russian players have and, by the grace of God, no longer participate in the homosexual abomination."

Several boot manufacturers have introduced the bright coloured boots in recent times, with the new Nike Mercurial Vapor offered in many varieties.

Prior to the World Cup, Puma released an odd pink and blue boot combination, which has been worn by a number of players in Brazil.

Goofy
07-09-2014, 11:54 AM
The last few games i've watched i haven't seen anyone wearing black boots at all!

Hal-9000
07-09-2014, 04:42 PM
colored football boots are only a homosexual abomination if they don't match the belt :nono: