PDA

View Full Version : Charge: 'Very drunk' mom slashes daughter with sword

Teh One Who Knocks
07-14-2014, 11:13 AM
BY LEVI PULKKINEN, SEATTLEPI.COM STAFF

A Kirkland woman accused of slashing her daughter with a sword now faces an assault charge.

Accused in a June 27 attack, Sharon Kay Rosin is alleged to have slashed at her 24-year-old daughter with a samurai sword. King County prosecutors contend Rosin, 64, admitted to the swordplay and told police she armed herself “to be a bitch.”

Shortly before 11 p.m., Kirkland police were called to the home by Rosin’s daughter, who reported her mother attacked her moments before.

Police arrived to find Rosin’s daughter outside the house and a very drunk Rosin inside, a Kirkland police officer said in charging papers. The younger woman explained her mother berated her earlier in the night before arming herself with the 2 1/2-foot-long sword and attacking her.

Rosin swung the sword twice, striking her daughter in the arm before she was able to flee, the officer continued. Rosin managed to cut herself during the altercation.

Arrested at the scene, Rosin explained she picked up the sword “’cause I was gonna cut her head off,” the officer told the court.

“I picked up the sword and thought this would be a good idea,” Rosin told police, according to charging papers. “Then I fell on the sword.”

The officer said Rosin went on to admit to holding a knife to her daughter’s throat days before.

Police seized a sword from the home.

Rosin has been charged with second-degree assault. She remains jailed on $10,000 bail.

FBD
07-14-2014, 12:16 PM
lucky it was not a sharp sword

Hal-9000
07-14-2014, 04:19 PM
DEFEND YOURSELF! :x

PorkChopSandwiches
07-14-2014, 04:37 PM
:pewpew:

Hal-9000
07-14-2014, 04:44 PM
Game of Crones