PDA

View Full Version : Hey FBD, here's $1,000,000 for your Shaman to prove his ability

PorkChopSandwiches
07-15-2014, 07:18 PM
http://i.imgur.com/6CmAIYW.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Million_Dollar_Paranormal_Challenge

Muddy
07-15-2014, 07:23 PM
"shaman" :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
07-15-2014, 07:24 PM
:dance:

Hal-9000
07-15-2014, 07:25 PM
He's gonna hit Randi with some nipple-fire, get the water ready :lol:

FBD
07-15-2014, 07:36 PM
:lol: James Randi is a complete joke - he's got this million dollar challenge to "prove something supernatural" - not prove chi exists or anything, he focuses on the unnatural-ness of the phenomena. (and I got news for him and anyone else, none of this chi shit is "super natural"....outside of nature? :hand: part and parcel of nature, it is.)

but he doesnt really mention that "it if can in any way shape or form be explained by science" then you dont win,

and despite how long he's been offering this, he has not approved even one single entry for consideration for that "grand prize"

so its basically a nonexistent "test" designed by a perennially closed minded "skeptic"...and designed in such a way that he'll never, ever, EVER have to pay up, because nobody will ever meet his specifically-designed-to-be-bulletproof criteria.

Hal-9000
07-15-2014, 07:39 PM
yes FBD but if a person has an ability, they should be able to demonstrate it any time anywhere.

I've read about Randi and his so called skeptics.....all of them could not reproduce their 'abilities' in a controlled environment...

getting away from labels like supernatural and nature, shouldn't one person have been able to demonstrate their thing whether it be bending spoons or by products of focusing chi?

PorkChopSandwiches
07-15-2014, 07:39 PM
:lol: James Randi is a complete joke - he's got this million dollar challenge to "prove something supernatural" - not prove chi exists or anything, he focuses on the unnatural-ness of the phenomena. (and I got news for him and anyone else, none of this chi shit is "super natural"....outside of nature? :hand: part and parcel of nature, it is.)

but he doesnt really mention that "it if can in any way shape or form be explained by science" then you dont win,

and despite how long he's been offering this, he has not approved even one single entry for consideration for that "grand prize"

so its basically a nonexistent "test" designed by a perennially closed minded "skeptic"...and designed in such a way that he'll never, ever, EVER have to pay up, because nobody will ever meet his specifically-designed-to-be-bulletproof criteria.

Im sure if your guy can stand butt naked in a room and start a fire, they would pay :twisted:

Hal-9000
07-15-2014, 07:40 PM
If I see even a spark from a nipple, I'd pay the mil

PorkChopSandwiches
07-15-2014, 07:50 PM
;)

Hal-9000
07-15-2014, 07:52 PM
Muddy has totally corrupted me on this subject for life :lol:

:shakefist:

FBD
07-15-2014, 07:57 PM
its not really that simple when you're talking about this situation with Randi. if you really want to know, go read all the fine print and how to apply and such - randi gives lip service to wanting applicant to help design their own test, but the reins are ultimately in his hands. I read all of it years ago just out of curiosity. also read some stories from the other side of the fence - and the jist is, randi likes to posit himself as an open minded skeptic - bit imho the word skeptic implies an open mind, and randi's is most assuredly not open.

ironically enough, anyone I've met that has demonstrable ability doesnt quite care about shit like this. out of my two teachers, one is rather against displaying siddhi-stuff just on general principle, saying that it is a pitfall to be too overconfident in one's abilities, and keeping them reserved means it is more likely that the potential will be there when it is *really* needed. (I see that as a sort of thing that below certain thresholds of potential, manifesting it is tough and takes a lot of reserves...but above...you can both express and replenish more efficiently.) I dont know what max thinks of something like this but my guess is it'd be a laugh, an eyeroll, a smile wink and nod because anyone that's been to his home has no doubt about whether or not he's got demonstrable potential.

so, you guys remember me putting up vids about that shaolin sifu Jiang - buddy of mine went to china and did a 2 week study with him, and...well let me put it this way - Jiang made all the women leave the room so that he could do a demonstration just to prove he was the real deal - and he did strip down naked to show everyone he had no devices attached to him - and he emanated this qi field amongst the group, it made everyone's mouths sweet, every bottle of water in the room was made sweet....and... :lol: ....one of the dudes in the group even went and tested his own piss - which he said also had some weird sweetness to it.

so you know what randi would do with that? he'd go have the water tested, declare it to have no detectable change in molecular structure, and say sorry mister jiang, you do not win the prize.

*that's* how intent randi is on not letting anyone win this million bucks.

PorkChopSandwiches
07-15-2014, 08:05 PM
Just start a damn fire !!!! :willie:

FBD
07-15-2014, 08:07 PM
yes FBD but if a person has an ability, they should be able to demonstrate it any time anywhere.

I've read about Randi and his so called skeptics.....all of them could not reproduce their 'abilities' in a controlled environment...

getting away from labels like supernatural and nature, shouldn't one person have been able to demonstrate their thing whether it be bending spoons or by products of focusing chi?

I agree about being able to demonstrate something

but "demonstrating something" and "winning randi's challenge" are two different things entirely.

FBD
07-15-2014, 08:08 PM
Just start a damn fire !!!! :willie:

if I get around to figuring that out, porky, you'll be among the first to know :bananadance:

I dont have enough gong right now, that is a definite.

and I havent really been all that diligent with practices the last year and a half or so

PorkChopSandwiches
07-15-2014, 08:11 PM
I mean the dude from the video, if he came out nude and started a fire, how can you say it wasnt legit. :tup:

Hal-9000
07-15-2014, 08:21 PM
I say screw Randi FBD..

go into a meditative state and then achieve a 3hour erection with no physical contact...then slap that bitches face with your cock screaming - Where's my million bucks you gray haired fuck????

FBD
07-15-2014, 08:56 PM
I mean the dude from the video, if he came out nude and started a fire, how can you say it wasnt legit. :tup:

:lol: right? I've seen vids of at least 3, 4 different guys doing that trick with newspaper or tinder. even dudes like john chang, he just says things like this are no big deal, just parlor tricks really.

or how about what was that show...these guys put a thermometer on the master's hands, he got em up to like 190, 200 degrees F or more. (which randi would also say isnt supernatural, prbably :lol: )

FBD
07-15-2014, 08:59 PM
I say screw Randi FBD..

go into a meditative state and then achieve a 3hour erection with no physical contact...then slap that bitches face with your cock screaming - Where's my million bucks you gray haired fuck????

:lol: its actually a special indication when a stiffy pops up around midnight in meditation (provided you have other things in order...like celibate to the point of 3 months topped off tank...) but you immediately withdraw it and change the energetic exercise. in spiritual alchemy, stiffies are always re-absorbed asap :lol:

Hal-9000
07-15-2014, 09:09 PM
stiffies are always re-absorbed

ok, I learned something today :lol:

Lambchop
07-15-2014, 09:28 PM
Everything = 0

Did I win?

Hal-9000
07-15-2014, 09:37 PM
Everything = 0

Did I win?

Have you seen The Zero Theorum yet? Quirky new Gilliam film :thumbsup:

it ties into the real Big Crunch theory which states that after expansion, the universe will revert and eventually develop a large black hole in the center, in which everything in the universe will fall into.

so yes, 0 may = everything

:shock:

Lambchop
07-15-2014, 09:46 PM
Have you seen The Zero Theorum yet? Quirky new Gilliam film :thumbsup:

it ties into the real Big Crunch theory which states that after expansion, the universe will revert and eventually develop a large black hole in the center, in which everything in the universe will fall into.

so yes, 0 may = everything

:shock:
I watched it last night. I like that type of film but I didn't understand the ending.

Hal-9000
07-15-2014, 09:52 PM
I haven't made it to the end yet :oops:

as with most of his films...the whimsy/crazy seems symbolic of some very serious things in society IMO

don't give away the end please, I'll reach the climax tonight :thumbsup:

FBD
07-16-2014, 12:30 PM
Everything = 0

Did I win?

the common sense challenge, yes :D

FBD
07-16-2014, 12:33 PM
I basically subscribe to cyclical ideas of universe ages, its basically a perfect perpetual motion machine. Provides a grand street sweeper to re-set the scene at the end (just means that anything made of matter is annihilated....which is why we must learn to exist just in the extra dimensions for when that happens...) and a perfect setup for life, seeding, etc.

So you can think of the notion of "joining the chorus of angels" as learning to exist extradimensionally, in some sense of the term :lol:

Hal-9000
07-16-2014, 02:53 PM
I basically subscribe to cyclical ideas of universe ages, its basically a perfect perpetual motion machine. Provides a grand street sweeper to re-set the scene at the end (just means that anything made of matter is annihilated....which is why we must learn to exist just in the extra dimensions for when that happens...) and a perfect setup for life, seeding, etc.

So you can think of the notion of "joining the chorus of angels" as learning to exist extradimensionally, in some sense of the term :lol:

:thumbsup:

http://i57.tinypic.com/2rwx7hv.jpg

FBD
07-16-2014, 02:58 PM
dont tempt me, its lunchtime soon.

then again, I could get a fuckload of work done this afternoon :lol:

Hal-9000
07-16-2014, 03:18 PM
I just found out there's an entire internet meme when you search 'really stoned guy'

:rofl: thanks FBD

FBD
07-16-2014, 04:33 PM
always here to do my part :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
07-16-2014, 04:35 PM
http://i.imgur.com/39ubyWY.jpg

Hal-9000
07-16-2014, 05:54 PM
*claps hands sharply*

Hodji, prepare my carpet I must make a journey!

:)

FBD
07-17-2014, 12:44 PM
Sabu! I seen all your movies, man! :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0c_sDcIEE0

uh, say hello to khaddafi for me! :rofl:

oh, lord, Stanley! woooo!