PDA

View Full Version : US authorities take custody of Botox girl

Godfather
05-17-2011, 04:05 AM
US authorities take custody of Botox girl

May 16, 2011, 21:32 GMT

San Francisco - Authorities in San Francisco have taken custody of an 8-year-old girl whose mother gave her Botox injections in preparation for beauty pageants, ABC News reported Monday.

The girl's mother, Kerry Campbell, revealed the questionable practice in a television interview last week, sparking a torrent of condemnation online and on television shows and prompting an investigation by San Francisco's Human Services Agency.

Campbell, a recent immigrant from Birmingham, England, said she was a part-time aesthetician and that injecting Botox in young girls was a common practice at beauty pageants.

'A lot of the moms there are giving their kids Botox,' she told ABC News. 'It's just one of he things you have to do to get into the pageants.'

The child, Britney, said that the procedure hurt, but that she was used to it and wanted to do it, 'because I don't think wrinkles look nice on little girls.'

Godfather
05-17-2011, 04:06 AM
I've heard grown men have been brought to their knees by Botox. This mom is a piece of shit

Glad to hear this :thumbsup: The vanity here makes me wonder what this mom wouldn't do...

minz
05-17-2011, 09:21 AM
Some people should be banned from having kids!!!

Hugh_Janus
05-17-2011, 05:09 PM
heard a clip of the i9nterview on the radio....

interviewer : does it hurt?
kid: yes, but I get used to it
interviewer: do you cry?
kid: sometimes

wtf? This woman is inflicting pain on her own child to win some bullshit competition :-s

I don't agree with these beauty pageants atc all

Acid Trip
05-17-2011, 05:12 PM
The question remains the same. Is giving your child Botox breaking a law? If yes, which law?

Hugh_Janus
05-17-2011, 05:20 PM
wat?

Deepsepia
05-17-2011, 05:49 PM
The question remains the same. Is giving your child Botox breaking a law? If yes, which law?

that is a good question.

Botox can only be administered by a physician-- its a seriously dangerous substance (its botulinum toxin, same stuff that kills you when you get botulism)

For a "part time aesthetician" to be injecting anyone with Botox, except under a doctor's supervision, is a crime, "unlawful practice of medicine", and perhaps in this case "endangering a minor" . . . could be a lot of things.

Muddy
05-17-2011, 05:59 PM
Wow...

lost in melb.
05-18-2011, 12:45 AM
I would love to see protective custody take this child. It's obvious the parents have no regard for the safety of their child. Straight fucked.

Yup :thumbsup:

Hal-9000
05-18-2011, 01:13 AM
*rethinks penile botox injections*

I read about the substance on Wiki...I can't believe people will pay to put that in their bodies and I'm a smoker ffs

Teh One Who Knocks
05-18-2011, 01:17 AM
*rethinks penile botox injections*

I read about the substance on Wiki...I can't believe people will pay to put that in their bodies and I'm a smoker ffs

And what makes it worse is that it's only temporary...you need to keep up with the injections if you want the effects to stay :|

Hal-9000
05-18-2011, 01:19 AM
I guess it's not much different from those breast implants that leaked and made some ladies sick...can't recall the substance in them...

deebakes
05-18-2011, 03:43 AM
I guess it's not much different from those breast implants that leaked and made some ladies sick...can't recall the substance in them...

saxophone?