PDA

View Full Version : Texas judge busted for drunk driving pleads for special treatment: 'You are going to ruin my life'

Teh One Who Knocks
07-17-2014, 11:21 AM
BY David Boroff - NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

http://i.imgur.com/XMlpjpf.jpg

A Texas appeals court judge appealed for some special treatment when she was busted for drunk driving over the weekend.

Justice Nora Longoria was going 69 mph in her Lexus in a 55-mph zone when she was stopped by cops in McAllen just after 1 a.m. on Saturday morning, according to court records obtained by the Valley Morning Star.

As she slurred her words, Longoria begged the officers for leniency even though she admitted she had five beers that evening, the last one three hours before getting behind the wheel.

“Please let me go home," she said, according to the Valley Morning Star. "I live a couple of miles away ... you are going to ruin my life. I worked hard for 25 years to be where I am today."

In addition, Longoria, 49, refused to let cops put handcuffs on her until they threatened her with a charge of resisting arrest, according to the documents.

Longoria also declined to take a Breathalyzer after failing several sobriety tests. She was charged with driving while intoxicated and was released from jail later that morning after posting $2,000 bond.

She was elected to the 13th Court of Appeals in 2012.

Goofy
07-17-2014, 11:31 AM
Eejit

FBD
07-17-2014, 12:55 PM
throw the book at the bitch

deebakes
07-18-2014, 01:30 AM
:doggybanana:

Noilly Pratt
07-18-2014, 03:05 PM
As the expression goes...don't do the crime if you can't do the time...

Teh One Who Knocks
12-06-2014, 01:12 PM
By Will Hagel - Opposing Views

A Texas judge who was arrested on drunk driving charges had her case thrown out by a fellow judge in Hidalgo County Court two weeks ago.

Nora Longoria, a justice for the 13th Court of Appeals, was arrested after driving 69 mph in a 55 mph zone. According to the New York Daily News, Longoria admitted to the officer that pulled her over that she had consumed five beers that evening, but hadn’t drank for three hours before driving. The officer’s report indicates that Longoria had slurred speech and smelled of alcohol. It also indicates that she failed a series of field sobriety tests. Longoria only complied with the officers after they threatened her with charges of resisting arrest, and she refused to take a breathalyzer after arriving at the police station.

According to the Valley Morning Star, Longoria tried to use her status as a justice to avoid arrest. “Please let me go home. I live a couple of miles away … you are going to ruin my life. I worked hard for 25 years to be where I am today,” Longoria allegedly told the arresting officer.

Judge Ronaldo Cantu was responsible for throwing out Longoria’s case on November 20. Cantu listed “Other; In the Interest of Justice” as his reason for dismissal. He claims that there was insufficient evidence to prove that Longoria was under the influence. “When looking at the video it doesn’t sound to me like she had slurred speech,” District Attorney Rene Guerra said.

Longoria still received a citation for speeding and was forced to pay $500 in court fees. Her term as justice expires in 2018.

RBP
12-06-2014, 01:34 PM
#whiteprivilege

Muddy
12-06-2014, 02:09 PM
where you at, Eric Holder?

Teh One Who Knocks
12-06-2014, 02:36 PM
#whiteprivilege

:hand:

In the Interest of Justice

deebakes
12-06-2014, 03:00 PM
:woot: she's not going to learn her lesson so she is still bangable :tup:

Goofy
12-06-2014, 03:43 PM
By Will Hagel - Opposing Views

A Texas judge who was arrested on drunk driving charges had her case thrown out by a fellow judge in Hidalgo County Court two weeks ago.

Nora Longoria, a justice for the 13th Court of Appeals, was arrested after driving 69 mph in a 55 mph zone. According to the New York Daily News, Longoria admitted to the officer that pulled her over that she had consumed five beers that evening, but hadn’t drank for three hours before driving. The officer’s report indicates that Longoria had slurred speech and smelled of alcohol. It also indicates that she failed a series of field sobriety tests. Longoria only complied with the officers after they threatened her with charges of resisting arrest, and she refused to take a breathalyzer after arriving at the police station.

According to the Valley Morning Star, Longoria tried to use her status as a justice to avoid arrest. “Please let me go home. I live a couple of miles away … you are going to ruin my life. I worked hard for 25 years to be where I am today,” Longoria allegedly told the arresting officer.

Judge Ronaldo Cantu was responsible for throwing out Longoria’s case on November 20. Cantu listed “Other; In the Interest of Justice” as his reason for dismissal. He claims that there was insufficient evidence to prove that Longoria was under the influence. “When looking at the video it doesn’t sound to me like she had slurred speech,” District Attorney Rene Guerra said.

Longoria still received a citation for speeding and was forced to pay $500 in court fees. Her term as justice expires in 2018.

:roll: