PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft to Eliminate Up to 18K Jobs Over Next Year

Teh One Who Knocks
07-17-2014, 01:17 PM
By Victoria Craig - FOX Business

http://i.imgur.com/wmFOO9B.jpg

In a letter to employees early Thursday, Microsoft CEO Sataya Nadella said the tech giant will slash its workforce by as many as 18,000 jobs over the course of the next year, with the first round of 13,000 cuts coming within the next six months.

The move comes after Nadella hinted at changes coming to the blue-chip software company in remarks made earlier in the week. The workforce elimination is what Nadella calls the first step to “building the right organization for our ambitions.” The first round of cuts will hit the Nokia Devices and Services unit, which will account for a loss of 12,500 jobs for professional and factory workers. He added, though, while the company is reducing the size of its current workforce, it also plans to add roles in certain strategic areas.

“My promise to you is that we will go through this process in the most thoughtful and transparent way possible,” Nadella said in a statement Thursday.

He added for those whose jobs are eliminated, severance and help with the transition will be offered.

FBD
07-17-2014, 01:23 PM
thoughtful and transparent....really microsoft? that's about as believable as hearing it come from the government.

PorkChopSandwiches
07-17-2014, 03:32 PM
Thanks Obama :obama:

Hal-9000
07-17-2014, 04:52 PM
so they buy Nokia and then cut that aspect of the company....brilliant

FBD
07-17-2014, 05:06 PM
lovely, the benefits of damn near total and complete monopoly on something, no?

perrhaps
07-17-2014, 08:38 PM
Fuck em!!They're almost all vanilla-latte-drinking Obama supporters anyway. I hope they fire more, and replace them with those juvenile wetbacks we're putting in fancy hotels.

RBP
07-17-2014, 11:25 PM
Fuck em!!They're almost all vanilla-latte-drinking Obama supporters anyway. I hope they fire more, and replace them with those juvenile wetbacks we're putting in fancy hotels.

I'm glad you're not bitter. :lol:

perrhaps
07-18-2014, 11:53 AM
I'm glad you're not bitter. :lol:

If I was bitter, I'd suggest buying them one-way bus tickets to Chiraq.