PDA

View Full Version : Fargo Renewed for 2nd Season

PorkChopSandwiches
07-21-2014, 05:40 PM
For the anthology series Fargo, the story will feature an all-new cast, a different time period setting and have a new “true crime” story that will unfold across 10 episodes. Writer-producer Noah Hawley will once again showrun the series. “We could not be more proud of Fargo,” said John Landgraf, CEO of FX Networks. “Noah’s audacious, bordering on hubristic riff on my favorite Coen brothers film earned 18 Emmy nominations—the most for a single program in our history. Fargo was nothing short of breathtaking and we look forward to the next installment.” There’s no premiere date yet, but Landgraf says it won’t be ready until fall 2015 — at the earliest.

The second season won’t necessarily have a major film star like Billy Bob Thornton, the executive noted, and suggested Hawley’s writing in Fargo was superior to HBO’s oft-compared True Detective. “I think True Detective is going to have to prove it’s not just a vehicle for movie stars [next season],” Landgraf said. “[True Detective creator Nic Pizzolatto] is going to have to write something truly great every single year. I think Noah has already proven he can write something really great … I think we needed Billy Bob [to launch the show] but we don’t need somebody next year. Frankly, I think we can do it with unknowns — [newcomer] Allison Tolman brought as much to Fargo as Billy Bob.”

PorkChopSandwiches
07-21-2014, 05:40 PM
I dont know if they can make it as good without Billy Bob

Hal-9000
07-21-2014, 05:44 PM
Bilbo was good too....except for one critique (mild spoiler)

He was a nervous guy, yet always seemed to act the right way, say the perfect thing when confronted during some pretty heinous shit that was happening :lol:

Hal-9000
07-21-2014, 06:10 PM
I don't agree with the implied slag about True Detective's writing....you only need watch homicide detective Rustin Cohle talk about his views on life in one or two episodes...

PorkChopSandwiches
07-21-2014, 06:12 PM
He deserves a nomination for his roll

Hal-9000
07-21-2014, 06:41 PM
I liked the new Fargo series because it caught the feel of the movie IMO....different plots/characters but it still felt Coen-esque

Hal-9000
07-21-2014, 06:42 PM
He deserves a nomination for his roll

Mathew?

yes I had quite the man crush on him and Woody after that series :thumbsup:

PorkChopSandwiches
07-21-2014, 06:49 PM
Mathew?

yes I had quite the man crush on him and Woody after that series :thumbsup:

No you snuck in before my comment. I thing Billy Bob deserves an Emmy

Hal-9000
07-21-2014, 06:54 PM
:oops:

I liked everyone in that series....I think Lester (Bilbo) Martin Freeman would deserve the award in that case :thumbsup:

PorkChopSandwiches
07-21-2014, 07:33 PM
I liked him too, but I dont think that show would have been as successful with anyone other then Billy Bob

Hugh_Janus
07-21-2014, 10:41 PM
billy bob thornton was the biggest part of that series.... hope they can do as good a job with the new one