PDA

View Full Version : Spanking of 8-year-old boy for cursing was not excessive, court rules

Teh One Who Knocks
07-22-2014, 10:52 AM
The Associated Press

CENTRAL ISLIP, N.Y. – A state appeals court has ruled that a Long Island father used reasonable force when he spanked his 8-year-old son for cursing at an adult.

Newsday says the state Appellate Division dismissed a child neglect proceeding against the man last week.

The father had used the disciplinary action in October 2012 during a party at a friend's house.

The Suffolk County social service department alleged he used an open hand and a belt on the boy's buttocks, legs and arms after they got home. A county family court found him in neglect.

But the appellate division said under the circumstances the spanking "did not constitute excessive corporal punishment." It said there was insufficient evidence to prove he hit his son with a belt.

Teh One Who Knocks
07-22-2014, 10:54 AM
Nice, a common sense ruling from the court. You just know that some asshole turned the father in for spanking his kid. Fucking nosy busy bodies, you can't even discipline a kid anymore without worrying about getting turned into CPS by some moron.

perrhaps
07-22-2014, 11:56 AM
One of my earliest memories is getting my mouth washed out with Lava soap for dropping the f-bomb when I was three or four. Trust me when I tell you my parents never heard that word again from me until well after I moved out of their house.

Goofy
07-22-2014, 11:57 AM
Nice, a common sense ruling from the court.

:shock: :faint:

DemonGeminiX
07-22-2014, 03:09 PM
An 8 year old cussin' at an adult.... my dad would have killed my ass. That kid got off lucky.

:lol:

RBP
07-22-2014, 03:12 PM
Nice, a common sense ruling from the court. You just know that some asshole turned the father in for spanking his kid. Fucking nosy busy bodies, you can't even discipline a kid anymore without worrying about getting turned into CPS by some moron.

The asshole who filed the complaint should have to pay the court costs.

Teh One Who Knocks
07-22-2014, 03:27 PM
The asshole who filed the complaint should have to pay the court costs.

:agreed:

PorkChopSandwiches
07-22-2014, 03:33 PM
:win: