PDA

View Full Version : Another NYPD Murder

FBD
07-23-2014, 11:28 AM
dude breaks up a fight and the cops fuggin attack him and choke him to death.

http://static3.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1876088.1406080244!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/article_970/choke23n-8-web.jpg

http://static3.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1876595.1406080244!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/article_970/choke23n-9-web.jpg

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/eric-garner-autopsy-inconclusive-authorities-article-1.1876096

NYPD Commissioner Bill Bratton orders all 35,000 cops to be retrained in using force after chokehold was used on Eric Garner
An autopsy on Eric Garner proved 'inconclusive,' but further tests will be performed. As protests and cries for justice resounded on the steps of City Hall, Bratton ordered an investigation on the use of force.

New York's top cop on Tuesday ordered his 35,000 officers retrained in the use of force as an incensed lawmaker called the death of a dad placed in a banned chokehold “murder.”

As cries for justice resounded on the steps of City Hall over Eric Garner’s demise in police custody, an autopsy on the asthmatic father of six proved inconclusive, and a spokeswoman for the medical examiner said further tests would be needed.

“This was a murder,” state Sen. Bill Perkins declared at a City Hall rally. “Without even being arrested, he was choked to death. It’s outrageous. It’s unacceptable.”

Garner, 43, died after being taken down by cops, allegedly for selling bootleg cigarettes on a Staten Island sidewalk. A cell phone video shot by a witness shows him repeatedly pleading “I can’t breathe” after being placed in a chokehold by a cop.

The incident has prompted a criminal investigation by the Staten Island district attorney and reviews by other agencies. The NYPD banned chokeholds in 1994 after a Bronx man, Anthony Baez, was killed by an officer who placed him in one.

City Councilman Jumaane Williams (D-Brooklyn) blasted the “omissions and lies” in an internal police report on Garner’s case detailed in a Daily News front page story Tuesday. The report failed to mention the chokehold and downplayed Garner’s distress.

“If there was no video of this, we would be here listening to the police account of what happened, with no chokehold mentioned, and saying he didn’t need medical services,” Williams said at the City Hall protest.

The city’s Citizen Complaint Review Board revealed Tuesday that two people have lodged complaints against NYPD cops in the wake of Garner’s death for placing them in chokeholds.

In an afternoon press conference, Police Commissioner Bill Bratton called Garner’s death “very tragic” and ordered Deputy Commissioner of Training Benjamin Tucker to conduct a “top-to-bottom” review of instruction on the use of force.

“This department clearly needs to do more training,” said Bratton, adding that he anticipates “a retraining of every member of the New York Police Department.” To that end, he plans to dispatch a team to look at using the Los Angeles Police Department’s “state-of-the-art” training as a template.

Under a federal decree, the LAPD revamped its training in the use of force in 2007 after 27 people were hurt at an immigration rally by cops wielding batons and shooting rubber bullets. Retraining was instituted by the LAPD to improve command and control of incidents and placed an emphasis on restraint over the use of force to defuse violence.

Bratton was the LAPD chief when the new training policies were put in place.

Bratton, who met with community and religious leaders Tuesday to discuss the Garner incident and also huddled with police brass in Staten Island, emphasized that Garner’s death will not affect his commitment to “broken windows” policing, which cracks down on petty crimes like selling bootleg cigarettes. Bratton vowed it will remain a “key part” of his game plan.

He rejected the notion race played a role in the death of Garner, who was African-American.

The commissioner, who met with local FBI officials about the incident, said he anticipated a civil suit by Garner’s family and “would not be surprised if the U.S. attorney decides to open a civil rights violation investigation.”

An autopsy performed on Garner, who was asthmatic and obese, failed to determine a cause of death.

“Further tests need to be conducted before determining a manner and cause of death,” said Julie Bolcer, a spokeswoman for the medical examiner’s office.

The additional analysis, which typically includes toxicology and tissue tests, is expected to take at least two more weeks.

Several hundred people held a vigil Tuesday night in a park near where Garner died, then marched to the 120th Precinct stationhouse.

“Nobody deserves to die like that, not even a police officer,” Garner’s sister, Ellisha Flagg, said on the steps of the precinct.

Garner’s funeral will be held at 7 p.m. Wednesday at Bethel Baptist Church in Boerum Hill, Brooklyn.

the people were fighting, he broke them up, they walk away, then the police come after this guy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Jq4o-J5R88

Loser
07-23-2014, 06:32 PM
As I've said on another forum...

He had 39 nine priors....39.....

You deal with the cops, or anyone for that matter, 39 times, you're bound to get a few assholes.

FBD
07-23-2014, 07:22 PM
I'm aware of the priors, but it is no excuse for the police to confront him after the situation was already diffused, encircle him, attack and then kill him.

Muddy
07-23-2014, 07:25 PM
He resisted arrest. Simple. Don't let the media jerk your chain now, FBD.

Teh One Who Knocks
07-23-2014, 07:30 PM

The media lies :hand:

Unless you get the true story from some blogger who knows a guy that heard about it from a guy he knows that knows a guy, then how can you just take it at face value from the media reports? [-(

GET YOUR HEAD ON STRAIGHT SHEEPLE!

FBD
07-23-2014, 07:32 PM
And this is why most of the world is in danger of falling into 1984.

Did they say you're under arrest? No, they just fuggin grabbed him. Did they say we're going to take you down to the station? Nope, in the middle of a conversation, police maneuver behind him and lay hands on him.

:hand: get that bullshit out of here. police do not have the authority to simply fuckin manhandle somebody, even though they've been taught that they can do exactly that and there isnt shit you can say about it and if you put up the slightest bit of resistance, they feel entirely justified in rearranging your face.

I'm sorry but "why the fuck dont you guys leave me alone" is no excuse to line up over half a dozen cops and have them all go to town beating the fuck out of this guy and strangling him.

PorkChopSandwiches
07-23-2014, 07:42 PM

The media lies :hand:

Unless you get the true story from some blogger who knows a guy that heard about it from a guy he knows that knows a guy, then how can you just take it at face value from the media reports? [-(

GET YOUR HEAD ON STRAIGHT SHEEPLE!

Wait until it happens to you, you don't see it as a problem yet because they have stuck to black people but we are seeing more and more white people affected by this behavior

FBD
07-23-2014, 07:53 PM
I've had cops violate my rights, I've seen cops violate the rights of my friends...

pardon me for being a lil RBPish about unequal application of law ;)

Muddy
07-23-2014, 08:58 PM
Wait until it happens to you, you don't see it as a problem yet because they have stuck to black people but we are seeing more and more white people affected by this behavior
What do mean what until it happens to me?? I'm never going to have 39 prior arrests.. Im not gonna fight them.. Im gonna not resist arrest, and let my lawyer do the talking later.. You two nuts get out of here with your crazy shiznit...

FBD
07-23-2014, 09:18 PM
so in other words, you will bend over and give up your rights on command just like the residents of boston after they blew up the marathon

(which is exactly the intent)

Muddy
07-23-2014, 09:48 PM
so in other words, you will bend over and give up your rights on command just like the residents of boston after they blew up the marathon

(which is exactly the intent)

No, I will fight them and let them beat me into submission.. Then I will have truly won.

Versus not resisting arrest and bringing them in front of a judge..

Teh One Who Knocks
07-23-2014, 09:58 PM

:-k

Better steer clear of the po po :nono:

:hand: Im white, should be just fine

:-k :-k

deebakes
07-23-2014, 11:05 PM
i always thought porky was a mexican :-k

FBD
07-24-2014, 12:49 AM
No, I will fight them and let them beat me into submission.. Then I will have truly won.

Versus not resisting arrest and bringing them in front of a judge..
right, and we see how many lawsuits for the 4th amendment violations of the boston police et al, if you want to start counting lists of injustices done and then given the...tacit approval after the fact, there's no shortage of examples.

so this is as it is now

consider the amount of extra weaponry coming into the place from "surplus"

consider what the 80s....the 70s....were like in terms of police attitudes...

...does none of this strike ya? smh...

those metal fences on the side are getting narrower, and a bit taller...

Hal-9000
07-24-2014, 01:18 AM
after Rodney King, is this really a surprise?

I've watched this snuff film a few times now. He handled himself well. No threatening gestures, he said don't touch me with his hands up, asked again - Do not touch me..

The chokehold was banned, the cop who used it should be held accountable.

I'm really surprised that suit didn't take the cell phone of the guy asking for his bike. His narration said it all - This is what happens when you break up a fight.

Cops jumped him from what I saw and then held his head against the ground while using the chokehold.

RBP
07-24-2014, 02:22 AM
pardon me for being a lil RBPish about unequal application of law ;)

I am a genre! :dance:

deebakes
07-24-2014, 02:42 AM
:clap:

Loser
07-24-2014, 04:24 AM
Let them violate my constitutional rights. Then I'll sue them into a paper bag.

Simple.

FBD
07-24-2014, 11:09 AM
Sorry, I dont find your evidence all that convincing... ;)

Muddy
07-24-2014, 01:02 PM
Let them violate my constitutional rights. Then I'll sue them into a paper bag.

Simple.

Exactly.. There is video involved.. You can not win fighting them in the streets.. The will kill you...

Hal-9000
07-24-2014, 02:44 PM
I am a genre! :dance:

:-k

Notsomuch a genre but a mass of progressive ideals, morals and bullshit stuffed into a 6'4" frame :thumbsup:

FBD
07-24-2014, 04:20 PM
Exactly.. There is video involved.. You can not win fighting them in the streets.. The will kill you...

we'll see what happens...there's video here,

but like money brings the dead back to life...

Muddy
07-24-2014, 04:22 PM
we'll see what happens...there's video here,

but like money brings the dead back to life...

I'll tell you what won't be happening... A 41st arrest record for this guy. :d

FBD
07-24-2014, 04:23 PM
:hand: there was no 40th

police officers are required to tell you they are detaining you when they actually go to detain you, they dont get to say "shhh, now, quiet...no, stfu....no, I'm not getting my hands off of you....well, now that you've touched ME, we've got a problem here.....BOYS...KILL THIS MOTHERFUCKER..."

Muddy
07-24-2014, 04:25 PM
:hand: there was no 40th

police officers are required to tell you they are detaining you when they actually go to detain you, they dont get to say "shhh, now, quiet...no, stfu....no, I'm not getting my hands off of you....well, now that you've touched ME, we've got a problem here.....BOYS...KILL THIS MOTHERFUCKER..."

They didn't kill him.. He died because he resisted arrest and probably had a heart attack because he was 100 pounds over weight..

Muddy
07-24-2014, 04:27 PM
I agree if they didnt inform him of being placed under arrest that they are at fault.. But I also don't believe web snippets of the event to be the gospel.

PorkChopSandwiches
07-24-2014, 04:33 PM
They didn't kill him.. He died because he resisted arrest and probably had a heart attack because he was 100 pounds over weight..

He did in fact have a heart attack, but still

FBD
07-24-2014, 04:37 PM

let me know when you go look up potential causes of cardiac arrest......

and you find hypoxia there ;)

Muddy
07-24-2014, 04:43 PM
Im going to need you take step away from the keyboard and go have a smoke.

FBD
07-24-2014, 04:48 PM
:willie: the burners on my grill are shot, and if I light that charcoal its going to take too long