PDA

View Full Version : Stalker sent teenage girl a text: ‘I’m watching you’ from under her bed

Teh One Who Knocks
07-24-2014, 11:32 AM
by: Ian Horswill - News.com.au

A STALKER broke into a teenage girl’s bedroom and hid under her bed all night after sending a text message saying: “I’m watching you”.

Chester Magistrates Court in Chester, England, heard that Kyle Ravenscroft sent a series of frightening text messages to his 16-year-old victim from Chester, the Chester Chronicle reported..

Eighteen-year-old Rasvenscroft, from neighbouring Ellesmere Port, also texted that he would hang himself outside her bedroom window so she would wake up and find him.

The teenage girl found Ravenscroft the next morning under her bed, which was on the ground floor, after believing she was being watched and seeing her shoes rearranged.

“This is a serious offence, it is really frightening for someone to go into their room and find someone under their bed,” said Magistrate Moria Chapman.

Yet she did not jail Ravenscroft, sentencing him to 12 weeks behind bars, suspended for two years, a supervision order and ordered to pay £100 ($291) compensation to his victim after pleading guilty to stalking.

He was also ordered to complete 80 hours of unpaid work and made subject to a restraining order - forbidding him from contacting or going near the girl.

The court was told that the teenage girl was so frightened by the messages she decided to sleep in her mother’s room on the first floor.

Just before she fell asleep, at just after midnight, he sent her a text: “I’m in your house”.

She didn’t believe him but the next morning she returned to her room and was sitting on her bed on the phone to a friend when she sensed someone was watching her.

“She had the feeling she was being watched and listened to, she checked everything. She checked her wardrobe, behind doors,” said prosecutor Rob Youd.

“She then noticed that all her shoe boxes, normally neatly lined-up, under her bed had been moved. She crouched down and saw him hiding under it.

“She said “what are you doing under my bed?” and he said he had been asleep.”

A moment later her mum came into the room and spotted him, she yelled at him to leave but before he did he stole the teenage girl’s phone, which police say he used to “discover personal details about her life”.

Ravenscroft ran off before police arrived and jumped out of a first floor window when police arrived at his home.

He gave himself up after speaking to police on the phone.

Hal-9000
07-24-2014, 02:47 PM
jeezus cripes.....he really was under the bed :lol:

I'd stomp his ass until the pancake police picked up the remains

Noilly Pratt
07-24-2014, 02:50 PM
This is near where my relatives are. No psychiatric counseling recommended?