PDA

View Full Version : Don’t want to drug your child? You may be a criminal

PorkChopSandwiches
07-24-2014, 05:18 PM
During his years in Congress, Campaign for Liberty Chairman Ron Paul often spoke out against the over-use of “psychotropic” drugs like Ritalin. Despite psychotropic drugs’ documented dangers, they are still prescribed to children without parental consent. Some parents have even lost custody of their children for defying government officials and medical “experts” and refusing to give their children psychotropic drugs.

For example, Michigan Mom Maryanne Godboldo took her child off the drug Risperdal because of concerns over how the drug was making her daughter “horribly ill… aggressive and violent.” When Mrs. Godboldo refused to comply with an order from Child Protective Services (CPS) to place her daughter back on the drug, CPS obtain a court order taking custody of her daughter away from Mrs. Godboldo. CPS decided the best way to protect the child was to call in a SWAT team–complete with a tank– to attempt to remove the child from her home.

The result was an hours-long stand-off, ending with Mrs. Godbolo being charged with a felony for firing a shot into her ceiling. Fortunately, Mrs. Godbolo was able to regain custody of her daughter and has so far successfully fought the legal charges against her.

PorkChopSandwiches
07-24-2014, 05:18 PM
There was loud applause from supporters of Maryanne Godboldo when 36th District Court Judge Ronald Giles dismissed the criminal charges against her Friday afternoon.

This is the second time Judge Giles has dismissed the case against Godboldo.

And Wayne County prosecutors say they will appeal, again.

The criminal case against Godboldo began in 2011 after a standoff with Detroit Police.

Godboldo allegedly fired a shot into her ceiling.

Detroit Police were assisting a Child Protective Services (CPS) worker who was trying to remove Godboldo's daughter because Godboldo has stopped giving her Risperdal, an antipsychotic drug.

Allison Folmar, one of Godboldo's attorneys, said the Detroit mother tried the medication to see if it would help, but stopped when her daughter became "horribly ill.. aggressive and violent."

In 2011, Judge Giles dismissed the charges against Godboldo for the first time, calling the court order that was used by CPS to try to gain entry into the home invalid.

A judge had not actually reviewed and signed the order. A rubber stamp of the judge's signature had been used.

Wayne County prosecutors appealed, and the charges against Godboldo were eventually reinstated, but the appeals judges suggested that an argument for self-defense could be used by Godboldo's attorneys.

On Friday, Judge Giles considered the gunshot Godboldo allegedly fired to be a "warning shot" and said it was not aimed at police officers.

Judge Giles went on to say that Godboldo had the right to use reasonable force to defend her home against an unlawful entry.

"This court finds that the defendant, in fact, did use reasonable force.. to prevent an illegal attachment," said Judge Giles. "The Detroit Police did not have the authority to remove a child at that time.. based on the invalid court order that was being used and presented."

And with that, all of the charges against Godboldo, that included Assault With a Dangerous Weapon, were dropped.

Outside the courthouse, flanked by her attorneys and supporters, Godboldo said she wasn't worried about the outcome today.

"Judge Giles is a just judge," said Godboldo who also thanked her many supporters across the country.

"We are extremely pleased that justice has been done," said Byron Pitts, one of Godboldo's attorneys. "The police came into this house without legal authority.. to kidnap a child."

"And we ask that the Wayne County Prosecutor's Office leave this mother alone," said Pitts.

Late Friday afternoon, it seemed clear this case was far from over.

“We appealed Judge Giles's ruling dismissing the case before and prevailed, as a result and the case was remanded for the judge to rule today. We disagree with the judge once again dismissing the case and we will be appealing the ruling to the Wayne County Circuit Court,” said Maria Miller of the Wayne County Prosecutor's Office.

Hal-9000
07-24-2014, 05:33 PM
look, when I was a kid and we ate candy bars, drank pop etc we all got wired and ran around like monkeys on crack...kids have a huge energy supply before the meth-sugar gets introduced..

so now they call the child hyper-active, he has ADD or ADDHD or whatever...

I know some children need drugs to control problems but ffs is it really a good idea to give half the population of children mood altering drugs when their brains are still forming??

Teh One Who Knocks
07-24-2014, 05:34 PM
look, when I was a kid and we ate candy bars, drank pop etc we all got wired and ran around like monkeys on crack...kids have a huge energy supply before the meth-sugar gets introduced..

I know some children need drugs to control problems but ffs is it really a good idea to give half the population of children mood altering drugs when their brains are still forming??

It's because a lot of parents demand it because they don't want to take care of their kid(s).

PorkChopSandwiches
07-24-2014, 05:35 PM

Of course not, but these people know better then the parents on the well being of "their" child, a child belongs to the people not its parents

FBD
07-24-2014, 05:45 PM
Far too many of these diagnoses. FAR too many.

Griffin
07-24-2014, 05:56 PM
How better to control a dystopian populace than to begin while their brains are still forming.

Hal-9000
07-24-2014, 06:06 PM
In my Utopia, children would be given bath salts and meth to improve cardio and help with quick spatial relation problems :tup:

perrhaps
07-24-2014, 06:52 PM
In my Utopia, children would be given bath salts and meth to improve cardio and help with quick spatial relation problems :tup:

And ankle bracelets for Christmas?

Hal-9000
07-24-2014, 06:55 PM
And ankle bracelets for Christmas?

Of course.....actually, I'd do the humane thing and install ghetto GPS tracking systems into my kids (cheap iPhones sewn into their intestinal tract)

perrhaps
07-24-2014, 07:43 PM
Of course.....actually, I'd do the humane thing and install ghetto GPS tracking systems into my kids (cheap iPhones sewn into their intestinal tract)

Ain't no cheap phones in the 'Hood, Opie!

PorkChopSandwiches
07-24-2014, 07:48 PM
Just free obama phones

deebakes
07-25-2014, 01:04 AM
it's probably legislation by the same people that don't immunize their kids :shrug:

PorkChopSandwiches
07-25-2014, 03:17 PM
I will admit, I did get my kids caught up with the "basics" since we have been invaded by Mexico and the diseses have been skyrocketing