PDA

View Full Version : Barack Obama ‘checks out’ of his job years early: The US president has played 81 rounds of golf since re-election and been house-hunting in California rather than tackling issues, say critics

Teh One Who Knocks
07-28-2014, 11:22 AM
By Daniel Bates - The Daily Mail

http://i.imgur.com/SfzH7ev.jpg

Barack Obama has reportedly already ‘checked out’ of his job even though there are more than two years left until he leaves office in January 2017.

The US President is said to have played 81 rounds of golf since re-election – as many as he played in his entire first term – and has holed himself up in Washington where he attends fundraisers and dinners with celebrities rather than tackling the day-to-day business of congressional politics.

He is already all but a lame duck due to deadlock on Capitol Hill and has been forced to use executive powers to enact reforms. But come the mid-term elections in November, he could lose power entirely if the Republicans take the Senate.

In the meantime, commentators claim he believes that his time in office is effectively over – and has begun enjoying himself.

US reports say he has been house hunting and has looked at a £2.5million mansion in Rancho Mirage, California – dubbed the ‘playground of the presidents’.

Mr Obama was also recently due to appear on a late night talk show hosted by comedian Jimmy Kimmel, but cancelled after being savaged by the US media and Republicans.

They claim that he has not responded strongly enough to the downing of Malaysian airlines flight MH17 and needs to take a tougher line with Russia.

On the day of the crash Mr Obama attended two fundraisers in Manhattan and went golfing three days later.

An analysis by the New York Post revealed that in the 628 days since re-election in 2012, Mr Obama has already matched the 81 days he spent playing golf in his entire first term.

He has also attended 75 political fund raisers as the New York Times claimed that he prefers to host public figures at the White House late into the night rather than engage with the minutiae of politics on Capitol Hill.

A report in the newspaper this month said that on a trip to Italy earlier this year, the US Ambassador in Rome had to scramble together a host of intellectual figures at the last minute to attend a dinner party requested by the president.

Last week the Los Angeles Times gave a potential glimpse into Mr Obama’s life post-presidency with a report which claimed he and First Lady Michelle Obama had bought a home in Rancho Mirage in the California desert.

The property is in a gated community where entertainers Frank Sinatra, Bob Hope and Bing Crosby once maintained estates.

The four-bedroom custom-built home also has a rock lagoon, two spas and 3.2 acres of land.

http://i.imgur.com/xM9eDL4.jpg

Mr Obama has long faced criticism that he has not dirtied his hands with the day-to-day business of Congressional politics and that this has contributed to the rancour on Capitol Hill which nearly brought about a government shutdown last year.

If the Republicans did take the Senate they would redouble their attempts to repeal his health care reform, the President’s signature piece of domestic legislation.

Mr Obama will leave office in January 2017 and will be replaced by the winner of the 2016 Presidential election, which could be Hillary Clinton if she runs as the Democrat candidate.

RBP
07-28-2014, 11:31 AM
Yep.

FBD
07-28-2014, 12:15 PM
someone please assassinate hilary

RBP
07-28-2014, 03:08 PM
And create a leftist martyr? How does having another Johnson-post-Kennedy further your aims? He did whatever he wanted and created the generational welfare at the heart of our big government disasters.

PorkChopSandwiches
07-28-2014, 03:12 PM

She really has no chance if the votes arent rigged

Teh One Who Knocks
07-28-2014, 03:13 PM
I honestly don't think Hilary will run in 2016

FBD
07-28-2014, 03:43 PM
I honestly think Elizabeth Warren is going to pull an Obama08 in 2016

unless TPTB just say ah fuckit, all the people that know the clintons' history will ignore it and vote for the bitch anyway

didnt quite get the johnson reference, rbp...

PorkChopSandwiches
07-28-2014, 03:47 PM
Rand Paul or Ted Cruz, otherwise we may as well kiss the country goodby

FBD
07-28-2014, 03:53 PM
:rip: USA

we'll get the bankster preferred candidate, whoever that winds up being.

the federal reserve will stay intact

and we'll get to see the value of paper.

Teh One Who Knocks
07-28-2014, 03:54 PM
Rand Paul or Ted Cruz, otherwise we may as well kiss the country goodby

Cruz > Paul

And I still prefer Paul Ryan over both of them

PorkChopSandwiches
07-28-2014, 03:59 PM
Cruz was born in Canada, but I guess that doesnt really matter anymore

DemonGeminiX
07-28-2014, 04:08 PM
Cruz was born in Canada, but I guess that doesnt really matter anymore

His parents were American citizens, his mother was natural born. There's allowances made for American citizens born on foreign soil, like kids born to American soldiers stationed with family overseas. For example: John McCain was born in Panama (his father was US military and his family was stationed there), but nobody made any bones about it either time he ran.

PorkChopSandwiches
07-28-2014, 04:20 PM
:hand: He had Canadian citizenship and his dad is cuban.

DemonGeminiX
07-28-2014, 04:25 PM
Nationality Act of 1940

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationality_Act_of_1940

DemonGeminiX
07-28-2014, 04:28 PM
Try this one instead:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birthright_citizenship_in_the_United_States#Statut e.2C_by_parentage

PorkChopSandwiches
07-28-2014, 04:30 PM
I dont want illegals running for president again

DemonGeminiX
07-28-2014, 04:35 PM
According to birthright by parentage, Cruz is a natural born citizen and always has been.

FBD
07-28-2014, 06:16 PM
Cruz > Paul

And I still prefer Paul Ryan over both of them

Ryan has proven himself all too willing to compromise his principles. Keep him in teh house of budget where he belongs.

deebakes
07-29-2014, 12:37 AM
:obama: