PDA

View Full Version : 'Settle down, Captain Happy': Shocking audio revealed of heated exchange between a Delta pilot and air traffic controller

Teh One Who Knocks
07-28-2014, 11:24 AM
By Joshua Gardner - The Daily Mail

http://i.imgur.com/AeuGpVJ.jpg

Shocking audio of a heated exchange between a Delta pilot and an air traffic controller has flyers wondering just who's in charge of keeping them safe during air travel.

All the more disturbing is the time when moment the argument occurred: just as the pilot was landing the jet at the Atlanta airport on the wrong runway.

'Like, oh my God, there's another plane out there like six miles away,' mocks the pilot.

The pilot had landed on the runway called Mike and another plane was on its way to that very taxiway.

'Delta 2242, you're supposed to be on Mike,' the unnamed, coolheaded air traffic controller says in audio posted to LiveATC.net.

'Yes sir,' the pilot responds. 'We're going out there now.'

The aitr traffic controller responds: 'It looks like you joined Lima,' in reference to the runway on which the pilot had actually landed.

That's when the pilot gets nasty.

'You know what,' he snaps, 'We'll taxi out there any way we want when you tell us to. I don't like your attitude.'

Still, the Atlanta controller, charged with keeping hundreds of thousands of passengers per day safe at America's busiest airport, stayed cool.

'Good morning, there was no attitude. i was just trying to correct you. That's my job to correct you if you mess up,' he said.

The pilot again accuses the air traffic controller of being the one neglecting his duties before another pilot on the same frequency chimes from another plane to sum the confrontation perfectly.

'Settle down, Captain Happy,' he quips.