PDA

View Full Version : Texas teacher accused of having sex with five students

Teh One Who Knocks
05-17-2011, 05:12 PM
By Chance Welch and Shirley Jinkins - Ft Worth Star-Telegram

http://i.imgur.com/6TlyCl.jpg

The sexually explicit text messages began April 20.

For about a week the teacher at Kennedale High School traded "sexts" with an 18-year-old student, and on April 26, after watching the Rangers lose to the Blue Jays, 10-3, he went to the teacher's house in Arlington, according to an arrest warrant affidavit.

Once there, the student and teacher, Brittni Nicole Colleps, had sex, setting off an erotic escapade that eventually would involve her having sex with four other students, including one act that was videotaped, according to the affidavit.

Colleps, 27, a mother of three whose husband is in the military and stationed outside the Metroplex, was arrested Monday on five counts of having an improper relationship with a student and taken to the Arlington Jail, where she was later released on $125,000 bail, Arlington police said.

All of the students involved are 18 or older, but it is a second-degree felony offense for teachers to have a sexual relationship with a student, according to Arlington police spokeswoman Tiara Richard.

Richard said there is no evidence to suggest her children were at the home when the acts occurred.

Colleps, an English teacher and coach at Kennedale High, told administrators in March that she was not going to teach next year, but Superintendent Gary Dugger said she was not being investigated by the district officials at that time.

"The first we heard of this was Tuesday night, then Wednesday morning we started looking into it, and Wednesday afternoon we turned it over to the police," Dugger said.

Dugger said that after Arlington police were contacted, Colleps was placed on administrative leave.

During their investigation, Arlington police detectives discovered a series of text messages between the teen and Colleps that were sexual in nature, Richard said. Some of the messages included sexually explicit photographs, Richard said.

The 18-year-old student told investigators that he had sex with Colleps on April 26 and also said he spent the night at her house and the following morning received a text message from her, saying she'd had fun.

He said that he and the four other teens had sex with Colleps on "multiple occasions" at her residence, the affidavit states. On at least one occasion, all five students were in the same room at the time the sexual acts were taking place, according to the affidavit.

Video footage from the first teen's phone showing Colleps having sex with him May 10 -- and with other students in the room -- was taken as evidence, according to the affidavit.

Kennedale school district officials sent a letter home with students Monday, notifying parents of the situation and saying that the alleged acts took place off campus.

School district officials would not comment further because of district policy and educational privacy laws, the letter said.

Tarrant County records show that Colleps has been married for seven years. Richard said Colleps' husband was stationed at a military installation in the United States outside of the area.

Each charge against Colleps is a second-degree felony and carries a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison and a fine of up to $10,000, according to the Texas Penal Code.

Staff writer Domingo Ramirez Jr. contributed to this report.

Acid Trip
05-17-2011, 05:13 PM
Video footage from the first teen's phone showing Colleps having sex with him May 10 -- and with other students in the room -- was taken as evidence, according to the affidavit.

:shock:

WTF...

PorkChopSandwiches
05-17-2011, 05:17 PM
I have a hard time with the over 18 but still a problem rule.

Hugh_Janus
05-17-2011, 05:22 PM
she's ugly.... throw the book at her [-(

PorkChopSandwiches
05-17-2011, 05:41 PM
that I can work with

RBP
05-17-2011, 05:42 PM

You just can't have teachers fucking students in a high school.

Muddy
05-17-2011, 06:08 PM
She really should've popped that zit before her mugshot...

lost in melb.
05-18-2011, 12:56 AM

Still, wtf :huh:

Each charge against Colleps is a second-degree felony and carries a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison and a fine of up to $10,000, according to the Texas Penal Code.

Hal-9000
05-18-2011, 01:04 AM
Was going to comment in a similar fashion but Mr Logic-pants RBP always has to sneak in the truth :lol:

If he's getting grades from her, not fair.
If he's not in her class and 18, fair game..PLAY BALL!

Hal-9000
05-18-2011, 01:05 AM
she looks like a dude I know :lol:

Godfather
05-18-2011, 01:38 AM

Agreed.

Statutory rape is still serious.

Hal-9000
05-18-2011, 01:44 AM
Agreed.

Statutory rape is still serious.

He's 18..we're good on the age thing, not so good on her being one of his teachers at the time :thumbsup:

Oofty Goofty
05-18-2011, 02:43 AM
It's illegal in Texas no matter what the age of a student because teachers are in a position of trust and authority over students.

deebakes
05-18-2011, 03:35 AM
0 wanks...

Muddy
05-18-2011, 12:32 PM
0 wanks...

yeah, she's gnarly..

redred
05-18-2011, 12:36 PM
0 wanks...

i see your 0 and rise you :wank: :lol:

DemonGeminiX
05-18-2011, 12:49 PM
:huh:

lost in melb.
05-18-2011, 02:48 PM
It's illegal in Texas no matter what the age of a student because teachers are in a position of trust and authority over students.

You don't think 20 years in the slammer is a bit harsh?

PorkChopSandwiches
05-18-2011, 02:58 PM
or 100 for that matter

Teh One Who Knocks
05-18-2011, 03:00 PM
There will be some kind of plea agreement...I bet she will serve no jail time

PorkChopSandwiches
05-18-2011, 03:29 PM
We need to decide if 18 is an adult or not and then let people be adults at that age. If you can spend your life in prison at 18 then sex and drinking should be fair game. If not push it to 21. But, its stupid to play these games.

Oofty Goofty
05-19-2011, 03:26 AM
You don't think 20 years in the slammer is a bit harsh?

I think it's very excessive, but I'm not the one who wrote the law.

RBP
05-19-2011, 03:26 PM
We need to decide if 18 is an adult or not and then let people be adults at that age. If you can spend your life in prison at 18 then sex and drinking should be fair game. If not push it to 21. But, its stupid to play these games.

I disagree when it comes to teachers and high school students. You just don't go there. And I agree with Lance, she'll get something minimal for this but she won't be a teacher any more and that's a good thing.