PDA

View Full Version : Man, 37, had sexual relationship with 16-year-old girl he met at church, deputies say

Teh One Who Knocks
08-01-2014, 11:44 AM
By Brett Clarkson, Sun Sentinel

http://i.imgur.com/3t3Fl3rm.jpg

A 37-year-old Lake Worth man carried on a sexual relationship with a 16-year-old girl he met at the church they both attend, deputies said.

Lansky Torres, who was arrested Tuesday at his home, told deputies that he was in love with the teenager and planned to marry her when she turned 18, according to a Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office arrest report.

The girl's parents went to the Sheriff's Office on July 17 after her mother found sexual text messages between her daughter and Lansky on the girl's cell phone, deputies said.

Up until the disturbing discovery, the girl's parents had considered Lansky "to be a good person and family friend," the report stated.

Detectives interviewed the girl, who said that when she first met Lansky, she was going through a break-up. She said that Lansky was supportive and offered to "be there for her," according to the arrest report.

At one point, Lansky started saying things like "no one would love her like he does," the report stated.

The relationship would eventually become sexual, deputies said.

Lansky, who also "bought (the girl) things and gave her money," the report said, told the girl that he didn't want her parents to know that they were together.

After she was interviewed by detectives, the girl called Lansky in a phone call that was monitored by detectives.

She told Lansky that her parents may have found the text messages, and he responded by scolding her, the report said.

"Lansky asked her why she didn't delete those messages and told her he couldn't trust her," according to the report.

During the phone call, Lansky spoke of sexual encounters he had had with the girl, deputies said.

Lansky faces five counts of unlawful sexual activity with a minor, court records show.

He was booked in at the Palm Beach County Jail, where he remained Wednesday, according to the Sheriff's Office booking blotter.

perrhaps
08-01-2014, 01:05 PM
Sweet Jesus!

Muddy
08-01-2014, 02:29 PM
Honestly.. Whats the big deal? She's 16 yrs. old not 12... I understand it's illegal.. But its not like he raped her.. In England this wouldn't even be illegal..

RBP
08-01-2014, 03:15 PM
Honestly.. Whats the big deal? She's 16 yrs. old not 12... I understand it's illegal.. But its not like he raped her.. In England this wouldn't even be illegal..
You can't pick and choose what laws to obey and not expect consequences. He knew he was breaking the law. Your moral equivalence doesn't change that.

Muddy
08-01-2014, 04:00 PM
You can't pick and choose what laws to obey and not expect consequences. He knew he was breaking the law. Your moral equivalence doesn't change that.

Im not saying it's right.. Im just thinking this isnt worthy of being a news story.

RBP
08-01-2014, 05:28 PM
Im not saying it's right.. Im just thinking this isnt worthy of being a news story.
Churches and schools. People view them as safe havens so they get coverage. In general society, not as much.

Muddy
08-01-2014, 05:33 PM
Any time you get a group together there is going to be people interacting... I cant tell you how many friends I have that met their wives in church.. Not me, I met mine in bar... :lol:

Goofy
08-01-2014, 05:34 PM
Churches and schools. People view them as safe havens so they get coverage. In general society, not as much.

The catholic church doesn't exactly have a great record when it comes to underage sex etc......... mind you, with it being a female she should have been ok :-k

RBP
08-01-2014, 07:10 PM
The catholic church doesn't exactly have a great record when it comes to underage sex etc......... mind you, with it being a female she should have been ok :-k
Point taken.

PorkChopSandwiches
08-01-2014, 07:23 PM
:douchenozzle:

perrhaps
08-01-2014, 07:30 PM

Q. How do you impregnate a nun?

A. Dress her like an altar boy.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-01-2014, 08:23 PM

37 and 16? Sounds more like a Mormon church to me :-k