PDA

View Full Version : Kacy Catanzaro at the 2014 Dallas Finals | American Ninja Warrior

Teh One Who Knocks
08-05-2014, 11:49 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfZFuw7a13E

Kacy Catanzaro shocks the ANW universe once again and becomes the first woman in history to qualify for Mt. Midoriyama.

RBP
08-05-2014, 12:02 PM
She's awesome. I watch ANW and that chick's a little power house!

deebakes
08-05-2014, 10:44 PM
i watched this "live" and was super impressed :tup:

Noilly Pratt
08-05-2014, 11:52 PM
I watched ANW for the first time last night at our hotel whilst on vacation. Wow...that's a tough course!

DemonGeminiX
08-06-2014, 03:22 AM
Maybe the first American woman off of ANW, but I used to watch Ninja Warrior on G4 religiously before American Ninja Warrior began and I know for a fact that they let a few women compete.

RBP
08-06-2014, 03:28 AM
:-k

Women do compete. She's the first woman to complete a regional finals course and make it the national finals in Las Vegas.

DemonGeminiX
08-06-2014, 03:43 AM
Wait, they're not going to Japan anymore? What kind of bullshit is that? :wtf:

DemonGeminiX
08-06-2014, 04:08 AM
The beauty of the original Ninja Warrior was that any joker could walk in off of the street and try their hand, not just the anointed few that qualified. Some people were clearly not athletes and were only there for entertainment purposes by making asses out of themselves. Part of the fun of Ninja Warrior was being able to laugh at the people who clearly didn't belong and cheer on the people that did. If somebody won the whole damn thing, it was a real accomplishment of human endeavor, because you really didnt know what their capabilities were, compared to the one's who couldn't get past the first stage. There weren't qualifiers, they weren't coached through it by anyone but themselves. Whoever's producing the "American version" of this has got it all wrong. They're taking it way too seriously.

DemonGeminiX
08-06-2014, 09:09 AM
I didn't say any of that to diminish her accomplishment, but it seems to me that whoever's in charge of ANW took something fairly entertaining in the original and tried to "purify" it in their eyes, making it less entertaining than the original.