PDA

View Full Version : Toy Assignment Lands Elementary Student In Suspension

Teh One Who Knocks
08-08-2014, 11:20 AM
WMAZ Channel 13

http://i.imgur.com/qjXWEnv.jpg

WARNER ROBINS, Ga. (WMAZ) -- After a couple of days into the school year, fourth grader Ramsey McDonald of Warner Robins was given what he thought was a fun assignment.

Bring in some of your favorite toys to talk about.

"They were trying to get the kids to know each other," his father, Scott McDonald said.

The Miller Elementary School student told his father Friday night he was going to bring in his iPad and a couple of toys.

His father didn't think much about it and said "OK."

McDonald learned it wasn't OK when he received a call from the school Tuesday.

"They told me my son brought a weapon to school and they asked me if I was aware," McDonald said Wednesday. "I asked them what it was and they said it was a plastic Nerf gun."

McDonald said had he known his child was planning to take the blue, orange and green plastic toy to class, he would've told the child not to take it.

The child was initially given three days suspension, which was reduced to three days in-school suspension, McDonald said.

"He told me he didn't know they would think it was a weapon or he wouldn't have brought it to school," McDonald said.

deebakes
08-09-2014, 03:37 AM
:facepalm:

RBP
08-09-2014, 04:46 AM
Forget the zombie apocalypse. Worry about the fucktard apocalypse that is already upon us.

Hal-9000
08-09-2014, 05:19 PM
when they ban the nerf toys, all is lost :(