PDA

View Full Version : Keeping tabs on the Kardashians: Waitress hits out at Kendall Jenner for failing to pay lunch bill and then 'throwing money in her face' when she was confronted

Teh One Who Knocks
08-11-2014, 04:20 PM
By J Gardner - The Daily Mail

http://i.imgur.com/IxSTbzG.jpg

Kendall Jenner stormed out of a New York City restaurant last Monday after the 18-year-old was refused alcohol, according to the waitress.

The reality show star was with her pal and daughter of Stephen Baldwin, Hailey Baldwin, at Mercer Kitchen when server Blaine Morris says the duo left without paying the $60 they owed or leaving a tip.

According to Page Six, Morris chased the celebrity offspring down only to have an annoyed Jenner throw cash in her face.

'Kendall and Hailey started laughing,' a witness told Page Six. 'Kendall took a couple of $20 bills out of her wallet, threw them at the server and walked away.'

The waitress herself, who once appeared on MTV's Skins, gave further credibility to the story with a tweet she posted August 4.

'That horrible moment you chase a Kardashian down the street because she forgot to pay her bill to be thrown money in your face,' she wrote.

While it does raise some suspicious about the teen's potential for diva antics, the tweet does not indicate Kendall and Hailey knowingly walked out on the bill.

A rep for Baldwin told Page Six it was all a misunderstanding.

'They thought everything was paid for,' the rep said. 'Kendall was polite and asked "Does this cover it?" They didn’t run.'

Reps for Jenner have thus far declined to comment on the matter.

Hal-9000
08-11-2014, 04:23 PM
prosecute her to the full extent...as if a normal patron had behaved that way

what does dine and dash legally amount to - theft under 500 dollars?

Teh One Who Knocks
08-14-2014, 02:30 PM
By the TMZ Staff

http://i.imgur.com/Vcbf9F3.jpg

Kendall Jenner claims she's been defamed by a waitress who said the 18-year-old threw money in her face ... and she's threatening to sue.

TMZ has obtained a letter from Kendall's lawyer, admitting Jenner was indeed at Mercer Kitchen last week and that she accidentally skipped out on the bill.

But legal pitbull Marty Singer says the rest of the waitress' story is a pack of lies. The waitress tweeted she chased Kendall down the street to get the money and Jenner threw it in her face.

Singer says in the letter ... what actually happened was that the waitress did come up to her outside but Jenner was "extremely apologetic" and gladly paid what she owed -- $33, plus a $7 tip ... which she "politely handed" to her.

Singer says, "Although you are working as a waitress at Mercer Kitchen, I understand you are also a struggling actress," adding, "You no doubt concocted a fictionalized account of your encounter with my client in order to create publicity for yourself."