PDA

View Full Version : White Teachers Sue Philadelphia School, Charge Race Bias

Muddy
05-18-2011, 04:32 PM
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Four white Philadelphia teachers filed federal race-bias lawsuits that accuse a black principal of creating a hostile work environment and suggesting they were unfit to teach black children.
The teachers work at a predominantly black elementary school that has a recent history of racial tension. Their lawsuits say that a former principal had them read an article that said “white teachers do not have the ability to teach African-American students.”
The teachers also allege that the principal, Charles Ray III, and others undermined their work by reprimanding them, randomly changing their room assignments and letting black teachers ignore rules that their white counterparts had to follow. Ray also retaliated when they filed union grievances, they said.

http://bossip.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/black-couple-laughing.jpg?w=475

“Charles Ray III consistently stated that he had a relationship with top school officials indicating that his conduct was part of an approved policy or was part of a pattern of practices sanctioned and supported by ‘higher authority,”’ the suits allege.
The teachers—Nicole Boyd, Debra McKibben Marenbach, Colleen Yarnell and Marta Ciccimaro—filed the lawsuits last week, demanding more than $150,000 each. Courthouse News Service first reported on the complaints Tuesday.
The school district had no immediate comment, spokeswoman Shana Kemp told The Associated Press.
Kemp said she was not immediately authorized to say if Ray still works for the district. A message left at a possible home number for him was not immediately returned.
Racial tensions among staff at Thomas Mifflin Elementary School have simmered before.
A white principal left about four years ago amid a chorus of complaints from black parents. One mother testified at a City Council meeting in December 2007 that she had heard the administrator say Muslim students looked like “flying nuns,” according to news reports.
In April 2008, vandals defaced a mural on the side of the school with anti-Semitic graffiti.
Ray arrived that fall, and lasted only for the 2008-09 school year, the lawsuit said.
The surrounding East Falls neighborhood is largely white and, in some sections, wealthy. Residents include former Gov. Ed Rendell and former U.S. Sen. Arlen Specter. But many white families in the area send their children to private schools.
Mifflin currently has about 270 students, 86 percent of them black and 85 percent of them poor, according to school district data.
The defendants include the local teachers union and a supervising teacher whom Ray allegedly ordered to go through personnel files and investigate their home and personal lives.
Lawyers for the teachers did not immediately return calls for comment.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-18-2011, 04:47 PM
Yeah, good luck with that one....don't those teachers know that only white people can be racist? It doesn't work the other way around :hand:

PorkChopSandwiches
05-18-2011, 05:17 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_oOJMYL8TW6E/S9IPKif0e-I/AAAAAAAAFpM/tHYtPK1-Wuo/s1600/Rex%2520business%2520people%2520laughing%2520in%25 20office.jpg

Muddy
05-18-2011, 05:38 PM
Yeah, good luck with that one....don't those teachers know that only white people can be racist? It doesn't work the other way around :hand:

I've had a few black people tell me over the years that " Black people aren't capable of racism"... :huh:

PorkChopSandwiches
05-18-2011, 05:45 PM
Bwahahhaha

Hal-9000
05-18-2011, 05:48 PM
my sister lived and worked in the Bahamas years ago....she said that reverse racism was rampant down there

the black people didn't even try and be polite about it, they just let loose with their various slurs against whites.
she said it bugged her because we were all brought up to be pretty passive people about that shit growing up...

PorkChopSandwiches
05-18-2011, 05:49 PM
I hate the term "reverse racism" what is reverse about it?

Muddy
05-18-2011, 05:52 PM
I was watching the guy behind the counter at Jersey Mikes sub shop the other day... They have a frequent customer card... Each sub you buy you get one stamp... After like 20 stamps you get a free sub.... Every black person that came through the line this guy (young black fella) would stamp their card 4-6 times... Everyone else... One stamp. True story.

He was all smiling at me, asking how my sandwich was.. Trying to be friendly... I was thinking to myself... "FUCK you, you little fake racist prick"

Hal-9000
05-18-2011, 06:12 PM

:oops:

at the time it was an accepted term...because as we all know, only whites are racist :rolleyes:

Hal-9000
05-18-2011, 06:14 PM
I was watching the guy behind the counter at Jersey Mikes sub shop the other day... They have a frequent customer card... Each sub you buy you get one stamp... After like 20 stamps you get a free sub.... Every black person that came through the line this guy (young black fella) would stamp their card 4-6 times... Everyone else... One stamp. True story.

He was all smiling at me, asking how my sandwich was.. Trying to be friendly... I was thinking to myself... "FUCK you, you little fake racist prick"

You - Hey homes, how come all of the brothers are getting multiple stamps and I only get one? Am I Portuguese or something???!!! :x

*Portuguese line is a guaranteed reaction getter :thumbsup:

RBP
05-18-2011, 06:14 PM

this ^

PorkChopSandwiches
05-18-2011, 06:27 PM
:oops:

at the time it was an accepted term...because as we all know, only whites are racist :rolleyes:

I know, white people probably invented the stupid term. I just dont understand the reverse part. :lol:

Hal-9000
05-18-2011, 06:29 PM
I like reverse cowboy

Godfather
05-18-2011, 06:30 PM
I thought reverse discrimination was a reasonable term... but I guess differentiating it from regular ol' racism is just stupid and.... wow... racist :shock:

PorkChopSandwiches
05-18-2011, 06:31 PM
I like reverse cowboy

I like a reverse donkey punch....its when a bitch is riding you and punches you in the face. Like on Californication.

Hal-9000
05-18-2011, 06:34 PM
I thought reverse discrimination was a reasonable term... but I guess differentiating it from regular ol' racism is just stupid and.... wow... racist :shock:

I have no problem with it...obviously others do.

Whites are typically the target for the ol racism label, when others make a comment it becomes the reverse of the norm.
I've lived and worked with various colors my whole life.I've heard opinions come out their mouths regarding other races,
some of them are not shy :lol:

Godfather
05-18-2011, 06:35 PM
Ya I agree :lol: Think it's a reasonable term but I can see why it'd bother people

Hal-9000
05-18-2011, 06:36 PM
my favorite is an old guy I used to work with...He was from British Guyana and very black.

When people heard him talk, at times they would refer to him as Jamaican.He HATED Jamaicans :lol:

I heard him dress down a guy by saying - Man! My last name is Waldron, I'm more Dutch than you, you stupid fucker!

fricnjay
05-18-2011, 06:38 PM
Cant we all just get along? :mrgreen:

Hal-9000
05-18-2011, 06:40 PM
gotta say Muddy....nice choice of pics for the story :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
05-18-2011, 07:03 PM
Ya I agree :lol: Think it's a reasonable term but I can see why it'd bother people

Becaues being accused of being a racist is not something most people like, so when another group is being racist it should be stated as such. IMO.

Muddy
05-18-2011, 07:06 PM
Cant we all just get along? :mrgreen:

We could until they fucked me out of a free sub... :mad:

Muddy
05-18-2011, 07:07 PM
gotta say Muddy....nice choice of pics for the story :lol:

Hahahaha.. :dance:

Hal-9000
05-18-2011, 07:11 PM
Becaues being accused of being a racist is not something most people like, so when another group is being racist it should be stated as such. IMO.

Did YOU just call ME cracker???!!!! :x :x

so the fuck what :lol: :dance:

PorkChopSandwiches
05-18-2011, 07:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8CN0YseD5E

Muddy
05-18-2011, 07:34 PM
Thats pretty lame, homie.

PorkChopSandwiches
05-18-2011, 07:35 PM
its awesome

Muddy
05-18-2011, 07:36 PM
You're crazy..

FBD
05-18-2011, 09:29 PM
hahaha its like cuervo, the cheap stuff...you're thinking "how can some people consume that swill?" and others pound it rotten :lol:

Muddy
05-18-2011, 10:43 PM
hahaha its like cuervo, the cheap stuff...you're thinking "how can some people consume that swill?" and others pound it rotten :lol:

The video? :lol: