PDA

View Full Version : Student Writes About Killing A Dinosaur With A Gun, Gets Arrested

Teh One Who Knocks
08-21-2014, 11:30 AM
By Dominic Kelly - Opposing Views

A high school student in Summerville, South Carolina was arrested after writing about killing a dinosaur with a gun as part of an assignment.

16-year-old Alex Stone says his class was asked to write about themselves, and included in that was to be a fake “status” like on Facebook. For his status, Stone decided to write about killing his neighbor’s pet dinosaur, and included in that was a statement about getting a gun.

“I killed my neighbor's pet dinosaur, and, then, in the next status I said I bought the gun to take care of the business,” said Stone to Live 5 News.

Stone’s teacher reportedly contacted police after seeing the words “gun” and “take care of business” in his writing, and the teen’s mother says the entire thing was taken out of context.

“I could understand if they made him re-write it because he did have ‘gun’ in it. But a pet dinosaur?" said Stone's mother Karen Gray. "I mean first of all, we don't have dinosaurs anymore. Second of all, he's not even old enough to buy a gun.”

Police arrested Stone and searched his bag and locker, ultimately finding nothing suspicious. Now, the teen has been suspended for the rest of the week and Gray says she’s furious over what happened.

“If the school would have called me and told me about the paper and asked me to come down and discussed everything and, at least, get his point-of-view on the way he meant it,” said Gray. “I never heard from the school, never. They never called me.”

Stone insists that he was joking, but police say that he was disruptive and have charged him with disorderly conduct.

KevinD
08-22-2014, 01:21 AM
In the words of a famous rapper, " fuck the police!"