PDA

View Full Version : Dad reunites with daughter after Delta Airlines releases her to wrong person

Teh One Who Knocks
08-25-2014, 11:08 AM
WCPO staff

http://i.imgur.com/1cSIyex.jpg

CINCINNATI - A Cincinnati father has been reunited with his daughter after Delta Airlines released the 7-year-old to the wrong person.

Kiante Butler, 37, put his daughter, Angelina Butler, on a flight from Cincinnati to George Bush Intercontinental Airport in Houston on Aug. 11 so she could visit family. While Delta says it has a "thorough unaccompanied minor policy" to ensure the safety of children, the airline somehow turned over the girl to her mother, Jennifer Lopez.

Lopez, 39, was released from prison in March after serving time for kidnapping her daughter back in 2008. She does not have custody of her Angelina.

The woman learned her daughter was headed to Houston from her mother, who still communicates with Butler.

In order to get Angelina back, Butler flew to Texas and went to the house where Lopez was staying. He was accompanied by a local sheriff's deputy when he got his daughter back Wednesday, nine days later.

“Delta has pretty much admitted that their policy has not been followed and at this point it is just a matter of Mr. Butler trying to get his daughter back," said Butler's lawyer, Umeka Lewis.

The airline says it is conducting an internal investigation to determine how this happened.

Butler's attorney said the local prosecutor will be reviewing whether Lopez violated the terms of her parole or custody agreement.

RBP
08-25-2014, 11:52 AM
Wow. That's not good.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-25-2014, 11:56 AM
Yeah, I smell a lawsuit. Can you imagine if it had really gone bad and the mother tried to kidnap and run away with the kid again?

redred
08-25-2014, 12:40 PM
great ending but surely the kid is way to young to be travelling on their own ,no way would I let my kid travel that far away without me or my other half

KevinD
08-25-2014, 01:44 PM
I flew at that age by myself

deebakes
08-26-2014, 02:22 AM
i would have thought jennifer lopez could have afforded better lawyers to keep her out of this situation :shrug: