PDA

View Full Version : Arizona nine-year old in Uzi gun lesson accident

redred
08-27-2014, 11:45 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRJ9miFN02A

A nine year-old girl in the US has killed her shooting instructor by accident while being shown how to use a high-powered submachine gun.

The instructor was giving the girl a lesson at a shooting range in Arizona when the recoil from the automatic fire caused her to lose control of the Uzi.

Charles Vacca, 39, was shot in the head and died after being airlifted to a hospital in Las Vegas.

The girl was at the shooting range with her parents, who filmed the lesson.

The footage shows the instructor coaching her as she fires a single shot at a target at the Last Stop shooting range in White Hills, Arizona.

The Uzi then appears to be switched to automatic as the girl pulls the trigger and loses her grip of the weapon.

The video, edited and released by the Mojave County Sheriff's office, ends abruptly before the instructor is shot.

Correspondents say it is common in parts of the US for children to be taught how to use firearms.

Many firing ranges have strict safety rules on instructing children. It is not clear what age limits the range has.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-28948946

PorkChopSandwiches
08-27-2014, 04:00 PM
This video does not deliver

redred
08-27-2014, 04:14 PM
you're right

Hal-9000
08-27-2014, 04:22 PM
y'all know I have a comment....WTF are the parents doing teaching a 9 yr old girl to use an automatic machine gun?????? What is the reason for that incredible leap into stupidity?

Is she going to have a class in grade 3 called Uzi care & handling?

teach them gun safety at a certain age yes, but leave the automatic machine gun BS out of the equation ...now she gets to go through life with the stigma of killing another human in a supposedly safe and controlled environment

Pony
08-27-2014, 04:32 PM
y'all know I have a comment....WTF are the parents doing teaching a 9 yr old girl to use an automatic machine gun?????? What is the reason for that incredible leap into stupidity?

Is she going to have a class in grade 3 called Uzi care & handling?

teach them gun safety at a certain age yes, but leave the automatic machine gun BS out of the equation ...now she gets to go through life with the stigma of killing another human in a supposedly safe and controlled environment

I agree. I'm ok with her learning to shoot at 9YO while closely supervised. An Uzi though? Absolutely not.

Muddy
08-27-2014, 04:39 PM
She should be able to shoot the gun. The bible says so.

Goofy
08-27-2014, 06:26 PM
She should be able to shoot the gun. The bible says so.

I think it's just your vastly outdated second amendment, not the bible :-k

I don't want to start a war of words or anything but i would like to share my opinion on this kind of thread for once. I heard this on the news today and my first reaction was "What the fucking fuck, a fucking 9 year old kid actually being taught how to use a fucking uzi? That's fucked up majorly, she should be playing with dolls or going to ballet class or something......... she's just a kid, why can't she be treated as such?". Why the fuck would anyone barring a fucking terrorist need to learn how to use an uzi anyway? Wakey wakey!! Hunting rifles, fair enough - a handgun, maybe....... since practically every nutjob in the US has access to one then i suppose the sane people need a handgun for self defence (which itself seems really stupid to me, "i need a gun because the other psycho bastards have them" - if they were banned altogether and no-one had one then why would you need one?)....... but a fucking uzi? Honestly, from the outside looking in it's like the wild west over there ffs, a bunch of stupid people who think that guns are cool and we need to all have them because it's our right blah blah blah. Lance posts a weekly thread of weekend shootings in Chicago which i sarcastically post in each week........ truth is i find it mindblowing that so many people are being shot to death in one single city every single week in a civilized first world country. I'm honestly so glad i don't live in a country where just walking down a street could end up with you being shot just for being in the wrong place at the wrong time :wha: You must all be shit-scared to go into big cities, walk down the wrong street and "bang", you're dead.

That's not a personal attack on anyone here btw so please don't take it that way, you're all my friends and i respect your opinions and choices, i just thought for once i'd throw my opinion into the ring on the gun debate - an opinion from a man who's country banned all handguns after the Dunblane School massacre :)

PorkChopSandwiches
08-27-2014, 07:00 PM
I'm honestly so glad i don't live in a country where just walking down a street could end up with you being shot just for being in the wrong place at the wrong time :wha: You must all be shit-scared to go into big cities, walk down the wrong street and "bang", you're dead.

It may sound like that, but Im in Manhattan and Los Angeles quite a bit and have never been shot at. The storys Lance posts in chicago are all gang bangers anyway mostly shooting each other

Muddy
08-27-2014, 07:11 PM
I think it's just your vastly outdated second amendment, not the bible :-k

I don't want to start a war of words or anything but i would like to share my opinion on this kind of thread for once. I heard this on the news today and my first reaction was "What the fucking fuck, a fucking 9 year old kid actually being taught how to use a fucking uzi? That's fucked up majorly, she should be playing with dolls or going to ballet class or something......... she's just a kid, why can't she be treated as such?". Why the fuck would anyone barring a fucking terrorist need to learn how to use an uzi anyway? Wakey wakey!! Hunting rifles, fair enough - a handgun, maybe....... since practically every nutjob in the US has access to one then i suppose the sane people need a handgun for self defence (which itself seems really stupid to me, "i need a gun because the other psycho bastards have them" - if they were banned altogether and no-one had one then why would you need one?)....... but a fucking uzi? Honestly, from the outside looking in it's like the wild west over there ffs, a bunch of stupid people who think that guns are cool and we need to all have them because it's our right blah blah blah. Lance posts a weekly thread of weekend shootings in Chicago which i sarcastically post in each week........ truth is i find it mindblowing that so many people are being shot to death in one single city every single week in a civilized first world country. I'm honestly so glad i don't live in a country where just walking down a street could end up with you being shot just for being in the wrong place at the wrong time :wha: You must all be shit-scared to go into big cities, walk down the wrong street and "bang", you're dead.

That's not a personal attack on anyone here btw so please don't take it that way, you're all my friends and i respect your opinions and choices, i just thought for once i'd throw my opinion into the ring on the gun debate - an opinion from a man who's country banned all handguns after the Dunblane School massacre :)

You should see what they teach the kids in Africa and the Middle East.

KevinD
08-27-2014, 08:22 PM
I actually totally agree with Hal and Pony on this.
I heard it on the radio this morning. My first reaction was, "WTF is a 9yo doing with a fully auto weapon" This DOES NOT constitute responsible parenting, much less gun ownership. This is a case where I would support the victims family in a law suit against the child's parents.
Goofy, I know it's hard to understand, but in reality, the only places that have crime statistics like your example of Chicago, are places where extreme gun control already exists. The root cause of the "gun violence" is not the guns, but rather the mentality of a substantial portion of the US populous. Certain people like to call them "generational dependents" along with "Drug runners, Gang Bangers," etc. These people have no respect for life, laws or civil rights.

PorkChopSandwiches
08-27-2014, 08:37 PM
I actually totally agree with Hal and Pony on this.
I heard it on the radio this morning. My first reaction was, "WTF is a 9yo doing with a fully auto weapon" This DOES NOT constitute responsible parenting, much less gun ownership. This is a case where I would support the victims family in a law suit against the child's parents.

Bad parenting true, but she is out their with an instructor, he is just as much to blame I would say

redred
08-27-2014, 09:10 PM
The gun club allowed 8 years and older to use its range with parents present how can anyone sue its just a very bad tragic accident

Goofy
08-27-2014, 10:06 PM
You should see what they teach the kids in Africa and the Middle East.
The USA aint a 3rd world country like those shiteholes though........

Lambchop
08-27-2014, 10:12 PM
IMO, order of blame:

1) Instructor - had professional knowledge of Uzi recoil but allowed a weak child to use it

2) Parents - 9 year old kids do not need to learn how to shoot. As an adult, you are supposed to protect your children when in danger. Your parental neglect will scar that child throughout her entire life.

3) NRA - because they promote young children learning to shoot.

4) Any other person who influenced that child into picking up a weapon at such a young age.

deebakes
08-27-2014, 10:41 PM
fuckin' obama :x