PDA

View Full Version : Doctors group: World 'losing" Ebola fight

Teh One Who Knocks
09-02-2014, 04:35 PM
By ALEXANDRA OLSON and SARAH DILORENZO - The Associated Press

UNITED NATIONS (AP) — A key international doctors group is warning that the world is 'losing the battle' against Ebola and U.N. officials are imploring all countries to step up their response by sending help to affected countries.

Doctors Without Borders President Joanne Liu says her organization is completely overwhelmed as it treats Ebola patients in four West African countries. She is calling on countries with biological disaster response capacity to respond with civilian and military medical personnel.

"Six months into the worse Ebola epidemic in history, the world is losing the battle to contain it," Liu said at a United Nations forum on the outbreak. "Ebola treatment centers are reduced to places where people go to die alone, where little more than palliative care is offered."

World Health Organization chief Margaret Chan says the United Nations is urgently scaling up its response and called on all countries to contribute to the effort. David Nabarro, who is coordinating the U.N.'s response to the Ebola crisis, says the U.N. is "bringing in as outside health workers as much as we can."

Hal-9000
09-03-2014, 11:53 PM
get a friggen blood test together pronto and test EVERY SINGLE PERSON traveling in or out of a region with infections

quarantine is not a bad word and saves lives...

deebakes
09-04-2014, 12:55 AM
world is overpopulated anyways, this is just a giant ruse to trim some of the excess by the illuminati :shrug:

Teh One Who Knocks
09-04-2014, 11:33 AM
I was talking with my boss yesterday about this and terrorists and whatnot. I told him, you know what would be a perfect terrorist attack? With the porous borders here in the US, all a terrorist would have to do is, go to an infected zone in West Africa, do everything he can to contract the disease, make his way into the United States (he should have enough time to make it here before he shows symptoms of infection), and go to a populated area and commence spreading the disease. The terrorists see themselves as martyrs willing to die for the cause anyway, so why would dying of Ebola be any worse than blowing yourself up?

Imagine someone doing this in Los Angeles, New York City, London, Paris, Tokyo, or....