PDA

View Full Version : 7 Year Old Gives Heroine to Classmates

Acid Trip
05-19-2011, 01:08 PM
I could hardly believe my eyes when I read this one. That razor blade was a huge tip off. I'm glad the teacher had enough sense to investigate.

7 Year Old Gives Heroine to Classmates

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2011/05/18/teacher-finds-heroin-in-7-year-old-students-backpack/

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — Police are investigating after a teacher found bags of heroin in the backpack of a 7-year-old student.

The incident happened at Quentin Roosevelt Elementary School in Carrick. The school houses grades pre-K to 5.

Sources say the 7-year-old kindergarten student cut his finger with a razor blade. His teacher started questioning him and discovered 18 suspected heroin stamp bags in his backpack and locker.

Pittsburgh Police brought a drug-sniffing dog into the school Wednesday afternoon to search for heroin that might still be inside the building. No additional drugs were found.

Police sources say the boy told them he got the drugs from his father’s bedroom. Police searched the boy’s home, but did not find any drugs. The boy also said he gave heroin to three of his friends.

It’s unclear if he gave out the drugs on the school bus or in the school building or both.

The white packets are named “Magic Ticket” and feature a bunny coming out of a hat.

Ebony Pugh, a spokesperson for Pittsburgh Public Schools, said three parents contacted the school district because their kids brought home drugs.

The district plans to send a letter home to parents tomorrow about the incident.

Muddy
05-19-2011, 01:10 PM
It's Pittsburgh, what do you expect?

Teh One Who Knocks
05-19-2011, 01:11 PM
Sounds to me like the kid had his civil rights violated. I sure hope that teacher had a warrant :-k

Acid Trip
05-19-2011, 01:22 PM
Sounds to me like the kid had his civil rights violated. I sure hope that teacher had a warrant :-k

You know damn well that schools have special rules. There is no free speech, no right to bear arms, no protection against search and seizure on school grounds and so on.

If they came to his home to search without a warrant that's a different story.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-19-2011, 01:23 PM
You know damn well that schools have special rules. There is no free speech, no right to bear arms, no protection against search and seizure on school grounds and so on.

Not in a truly free country...not my fault if you see a teacher as an 'authority figure' and do whatever they say without question.

PorkChopSandwiches
05-19-2011, 03:28 PM
Isnt this an old story, I could have swore we heard this exact thing in the same area about a year ago.

PorkChopSandwiches
05-19-2011, 03:30 PM
Guess PA is just so over run with drugs everyones dealing

Pony
05-19-2011, 04:13 PM
They should have to have the parent or guardian present before searching a students locker.

Muddy
05-19-2011, 04:15 PM
They should have to have the parent or guardian present before searching a students locker.

That sounds reasonable...

Pony
05-19-2011, 04:20 PM
I don't know why they don't just legalize that stuff anyways. Cigarettes are more addictive and those are legal.

Acid Trip
05-19-2011, 04:39 PM
I don't know why they don't just legalize that stuff anyways. Cigarettes are more addictive and those are legal.

Cigarettes more addictive than heroine? Surely you are joking.

Acid Trip
05-19-2011, 04:44 PM
Not in a truly free country...not my fault if you see a teacher as an 'authority figure' and do whatever they say without question.

I don't see them as authority figures but children do. Second, it's not a truly free country. If it was there would be no laws. I know you know this but it appears you want to beat the dead horse in a different thread.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-19-2011, 05:00 PM

Exactly...what ever happened to freedom of choice FFS?

Teh One Who Knocks
05-19-2011, 05:01 PM
I don't see them as authority figures but children do. Second, it's not a truly free country. If it was there would be no laws. I know you know this but it appears you want to beat the dead horse in a different thread.

Perhaps you've heard of that document known as the Constitution? :-s

Acid Trip
05-19-2011, 07:42 PM
Perhaps you've heard of that document known as the Constitution? :-s

Please show where in the Constitution is says you can do anything you want without recourse. I'll wait.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-19-2011, 09:15 PM
Please show where in the Constitution is says you can do anything you want without recourse. I'll wait.

4th Amendment? You've heard of it, right? No unreasonable searches and seizures?

This teacher clearly violated that student's civil rights. He and his family should sue or else we might as well just rip up the Constitution and throw it away.

RBP
05-19-2011, 09:27 PM
Isnt this an old story, I could have swore we heard this exact thing in the same area about a year ago.

Is this a repost from a year ago? I could have swore we heard this exact thing about a year ago.

8-[

RBP
05-19-2011, 09:28 PM
4th Amendment? You've heard of it, right? No unreasonable searches and seizures?

This teacher clearly violated that student's civil rights. He and his family should sue or else we might as well just rip up the Constitution and throw it away.

:-s