PDA

View Full Version : 5-year-old airlifted after getting locked in washing machine on high speed

Teh One Who Knocks
09-04-2014, 11:07 AM
Drew Karedes, KHOU 11 News

http://i.imgur.com/TpXQe4H.jpg

PASADENA, Texas – A 5-year-old girl was airlifted to the hospital Tuesday after police say she was locked in a washing machine.

It happened at the Le's Washateria in the 2400 block of Southmore Avenue around 6:15 p.m.

The child was reportedly trapped in the washing machine on high speed for several minutes before anyone noticed.

Pasadena Police said a woman had just tried to use that same machine moments earlier and told a manager it wasn't working properly. She then got a refund and moved to another machine.

It's still unclear how the girl ended up in the washer. Detectives are also still trying to figure out when it began working.

"She was tumbling pretty fast in there," explained Vance Mitchell with Pasadena Police. "One person walked by and said they saw something flopping around in there. They thought it was just a dress or something because it was moving pretty fast."

Police haven't said where the girl's parents were or who was watching her.

However, police on scene said someone clearly failed to look after the child.

"You've got to watch your kids. That's the bottom line. If that was my son or granddaughter, I'd be really upset that I let it happen," explained Mitchell.

Paramedics first on scene told police that the girl is expected to survive.

She reportedly has a number of extensive injuries and is now recovering at Memorial Hermann Hospital.

deebakes
09-05-2014, 12:52 AM
so fresh and so clean, clean :tup: