PDA

View Full Version : Sex magazine tells men to ‘use the buddy system’ to avoid raping women

RBP
09-09-2014, 10:52 PM
http://i.imgur.com/UfCdUXs.jpg

Cypress College (CC) published a list of “Top 10 Tips to End Rape” in a yearly magazine that aims to discourage guys from putting themselves in situations where they may be “tempted” to rape.

The article, published in CC’s September addition of GenderSmash, implies that guys have trouble controlling their delinquent desire to assault and rape girls in everyday situations.

“If you pull over to help a woman whose car has broken down, remember not to rape her,” the list explains.

“USE THE BUDDY SYSTEM...if you are unable to stop yourself from assaulting people, ask your friend to stay with you while you are in public,” reads another tip.

The list also advises college guys to “[c]arry a whistle. If you are worried you might assault someone 'by accident' you can hand it to the person you are with, so they can call for help.”

“Don’t forget: Honesty is the best policy. If you have every intention of having sex later on with the woman you’re dating regardless of how she feels about it, tell her directly that there is every chance you will rape her. If you don’t communicate your intentions, she might take it as a sign that you do not plan to rape her and inadvertently feel safe.”

The list was originally created by Rape Crisis Scotland, an anti-rape activism group in Scotland that aims “to improve the response to those who are affected by and who perpetrate sexual violence.”

The list aims to “reverse the popular trend of focusing rape prevention messages on women and instead transfer these towards more appropriate recipients - potential perpetrators,” according to Rape Crisis Scotland’s website.

GenderSmash is published in cooperation with the college’s English department, library, and a campus feminist club called Ladies Empowered and Determined (LEAD). The publication claims it disapproves of anything that “reeks of hateful political ideology, religious doctrine, or familiar and uninspiring arguments.”

The publication’s mission statement declares that the “core mission of the magazine is a dedication to bringing to light matters concerning feminism, LGBTQUIA, social justice, and racial issues.”

The editors of GenderSmash did not respond to a request from Campus Reform in time for publishing.

:scotland:

Muddy
09-09-2014, 11:07 PM
Do people really have this much trouble not victimizing other people? Shit!

PorkChopSandwiches
09-09-2014, 11:09 PM
I struggle not to rape everyday

Hal-9000
09-09-2014, 11:26 PM
"If you have every intention of having sex later on with the woman you’re dating regardless of how she feels about it, tell her directly that there is every chance you will rape her. If you don’t communicate your intentions, she might take it as a sign that you do not plan to rape her and inadvertently feel safe."

For the love of Pete :facepalm:

How about - I find you attractive and want to have sex with you?

Hugh_Janus
09-09-2014, 11:40 PM
but then you don't get to witness the horror in her eyes when you say "you gon get raped"

Hal-9000
09-09-2014, 11:47 PM
my current g/f has asked me if I'm gonna rape her tonight....usually by text and she includes some sort of provocative pics :lol:

I never turn a lady down when she asks :tup:

RBP
09-10-2014, 12:15 AM
If I didn't know better, I would have thought it was an onion article. :facepalm:

deebakes
09-10-2014, 12:32 AM
it seems like the buddy system would encourage rape :shrug:

PorkChopSandwiches
09-10-2014, 12:34 AM
#gangrape

perrhaps
09-10-2014, 11:55 AM
The author has obviously never met my friends.

Pony
09-10-2014, 12:17 PM
Since now that rape is an uncontrollable urge I recommend therapy instead of prison for all rapists. I think we should treat them like addicts who need our help. Maybe if all women who saw a poor guy struggling with his urges just gave him a 'hand" or got on her knees they could prevent him from raping.

Noilly Pratt
09-10-2014, 03:13 PM
I want what I want when I want it isn't a valid argument. Sometimes men think with our "block and tackle" first but we also have a brain to put the brakes on or at least slow us down.

I want a Ford Mustang. I can really picture myself in a Mustang - having fun, really putting it through it's paces. Do I violently take one, or commit illegal acts because I want one? No. I know it's wrong and I know my conscience would have a field day with me afterwards.

I'm going to get one eventually. But in a lawful way - and this is how the majority of people want to get a Mustang, if they in fact do want one.

Change Mustang to person-who-I-want-to-have-sex-with.

Hal-9000
09-10-2014, 07:16 PM
Since now that rape is an uncontrollable urge I recommend therapy instead of prison for all rapists. I think we should treat them like addicts who need our help. Maybe if all women who saw a poor guy struggling with his urges just gave him a 'hand" or got on her knees they could prevent him from raping.

don't.even.joke.......

Hugh_Janus
09-10-2014, 07:21 PM
#gangrape

statistics show that 4 out of 5 people enjoy gangrape :tup:

PorkChopSandwiches
09-10-2014, 10:24 PM
The 4 dudes :dance:

deebakes
09-10-2014, 11:47 PM
:rofl: