PDA

View Full Version : Michigan man fends off armed robber with can of beer

Teh One Who Knocks
05-19-2011, 09:50 PM
By Roberto Acosta | Flint Journal

BURTON, Michigan — A Burton man used his bagged can of beer to fight off a would-be thief May 10 on Kenneth Avenue.

The 45-year-old man was walking home shortly after midnight from a gas station on South Saginaw Street where he purchased a can of beer.

When the Burton man reached the area of Kenneth and James streets, an unknown man came up to him and pulled out a pocket knife while demanding money.

After the victim told the suspect he'd spent the last of his money on the beer, the suspect asked for the beer.

As the suspect reached for the bag, the victim swung the bag containing the brew and struck the attacker in the side of the head.

The suspect ran off, while the victim called 911. He described the suspect as a male, 5-foot-9, 170 pounds, with black hair and a moustache, wearing a brown Carhartt coat and blue jeans.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-19-2011, 09:51 PM
Let's hear it for BEER! :cheerlead:

RBP
05-19-2011, 09:52 PM
Is it legal to carry a concealed beer in Michigan? :-k

RBP
05-19-2011, 09:54 PM
I have to say, I understand. If I had spent the last couple bucks I had on a can of beer, I'd take a swing to save it too. :lol:

Goofy
05-19-2011, 10:03 PM
All beer thieves should be executed :tup:

Pony
05-19-2011, 10:19 PM
I'd have to think if someone buys a single beer at the store he's probably not a good robbery target.