PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars surprise:

redred
09-10-2014, 06:11 PM
http://i.imgur.com/0qDDBVd.jpg

A man who was taking publicity shots for a flying school returned home to find he had captured images of spacecraft from the new Star Wars film.

Matthew Myatt originally thought his pictures of the Millennium Falcon and an X-Wing fighter were experimental aircraft at Greenham Common, Berkshire.

He said: "It wasn't too clear until I viewed the picture and then realised what it was. I grew up with Star Wars so I started jumping around."

Episode VII is being filmed in the UK.

'Falcon paint job'
The images sparked excitement among Star Wars fans on the internet.

Dolphin558 wrote on www.theforce.net: "Wow. I had heard the Millennium Falcon would be in Episode VII but it looks like X-Wings will make an appearance as well."

Jacklyn Thrapp tweeted: "That is amazing." Char10tti3 tweeted: "At least it's not all CGI."

Another fan, @ACQUlESCE, added: "Looks like the falcon got a paint job."

Tom Cronin wrote: "Who'd've guessed filmmakers still build physical models?"

The picture, taken above Greenham Common, a former RAF airbase, appears to show a partly-built Millennium Falcon, Han Solo's beloved spaceship.

Also visible is an X-Wing fighter, although it is mostly covered from view.

Mr Myatt, who works at Airbourne Aviation flying club as a simulations engineer, was photographing one plane from another during a flight from the school's base at Popham Airfield, Micheldever, in Hampshire.

He said: "I didn't know it was there, and we flew down and did some orbits. It was based around the old cruise missile silo.

"It wasn't until I got back last night and started going through the images that it just jumped out at me.

"I was quite stunned. It was like, 'wow'. That's how the picture came about, purely by luck.

"I had to go and grab my son who's a big Star Wars fan and get him to come and look at the picture and pinch me and make sure I'd seen what I'd seen.

"It was one of those unbelievable moments."

Disney, which owns Lucasfilm, the company behind the Star Wars films, declined to comment on the pictures.

Jordan Farley, writer for SFX magazine, said the airbase was a possible filming location "because it's a big open space and they're going to need a lot of space".

And the Falcon's "half" appearance can be put down to modern filming techniques, he explained.

"They may be planning to shoot from one side and have a practical model, and extend it with computer graphics, because it's incredibly expensive to build a prop of this size."

As well as filming at Pinewood Studios since May, parts of Episode VII have also been shot in Abu Dhabi and on Skellig Michael, Ireland.

The film will see the return of the three principal characters from the original trilogy - Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill), Princess Leia (Carrie Fisher) and Han Solo (Harrison Ford).

Ford broke his leg on set in June while filming a scene involving a door on the Falcon, causing a delay in shooting.

The movie is due in cinemas in December 2015.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-29144135

Hal-9000
09-10-2014, 06:14 PM
"at least it's not all CGI" :lol:

sorry to break it to you honey, they will still insert those large ships into CGI space, CGI docking ports, CGI crashes..

Goofy
09-10-2014, 07:48 PM
Over a year away :sad2: That's like a galaxy far far away.......

deebakes
09-10-2014, 11:48 PM
:wank:

daggaz
10-03-2014, 10:52 AM
It's hard for me to get excited about this after the horror show that Lucas put us through with the prequels.

deebakes
10-03-2014, 10:55 AM
he's not involved anymore :dance:

daggaz
10-03-2014, 11:01 AM
I know, but he caused permanent genetic damage to my StarWars DNA.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-03-2014, 11:04 AM
he's not involved anymore :dance:

J.J. Abrams is just as bad, if not worse.

daggaz
10-06-2014, 08:28 AM
I dont know. I grew up watching old school star trek, graduated to TNG, and then got to see it ass raped by the later spin-offs which took TNG 'soap opera in space' missteps to a whole new level of lame. I would have to say that J.J. Abrams did a great job bringing the original style of star trek into the world of modern special effects and intense action, without going down the Michael 'explosions and bad CGI is all you need' Bay route. Of course, the casting (especially Quinto. Damn, absolutely spock on) was essential to preserving the old school atmosphere.

At any rate, I found them not just nostalgic, but entertaining and definitely rewatchable, even if they don't rank as high on my all time sci-fi list, as they maybe could have.

Hal-9000
10-06-2014, 03:59 PM
I dont know. I grew up watching old school star trek, graduated to TNG, and then got to see it ass raped by the later spin-offs which took TNG 'soap opera in space' missteps to a whole new level of lame. I would have to say that J.J. Abrams did a great job bringing the original style of star trek into the world of modern special effects and intense action, without going down the Michael 'explosions and bad CGI is all you need' Bay route. Of course, the casting (especially Quinto. Damn, absolutely spock on) was essential to preserving the old school atmosphere.

At any rate, I found them not just nostalgic, but entertaining and definitely rewatchable, even if they don't rank as high on my all time sci-fi list, as they maybe could have.

I agree with this...but will wait for James T. Lance to come in and tell you that's wrong :lol:

deebakes
10-07-2014, 02:33 AM
star trek has always been shit :idk:

Hal-9000
10-07-2014, 02:56 PM
star trek has always been shit :idk:

*phasers on kill.....*

deebakes
10-08-2014, 03:13 AM
phasers even sounds gay :idk:

daggaz
10-13-2014, 06:41 AM
Back when I was a kid, it was either star trek or the dukes of hazzard. I had playboys up in my tree fort, so Daisy didn't really pull the rest of the show along for me.

Hal-9000
10-15-2014, 10:52 PM
phasers even sounds gay :idk:

Star Trek predated and influenced everything you hold dear my friend...legendary doesn't even come close to describing Star Trek the original series

:x

deebakes
10-15-2014, 11:46 PM
that may be the case, but cavemen and fire predated and influenced them :shrug:

Hal-9000
10-16-2014, 05:56 PM
:-k

darkness and a void predated cavemen and fire....so there! :x

8-[

FBD
10-16-2014, 06:15 PM
the phase shift of the big bang was so immense that it flattened the entire spacetime out in its wake :D

Hal-9000
10-16-2014, 09:08 PM
he put down Star Trek man....he tore a hole right in the heart of the space-time continuum :x

DemonGeminiX
11-28-2014, 05:22 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMOVFvcNfvE

Goofy
11-28-2014, 05:53 PM
*phasers on kill.....*

Phasers set tae malky :tup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoBk8bxU1rs

DemonGeminiX
11-28-2014, 05:58 PM
That teaser's real, btw. Looks more like screen tests for several things, to be honest, but it's still real.

redred
11-28-2014, 06:13 PM
:woot:

deebakes
11-28-2014, 07:22 PM
:faint:

Hal-9000
11-29-2014, 04:15 AM
showroom new Millennium Falcon....:wank:

Hal-9000
11-29-2014, 04:21 AM
http://i.imgur.com/3nb6XCT.gif

DemonGeminiX
04-16-2015, 10:54 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngElkyQ6Rhs

deebakes
04-17-2015, 02:08 AM
:uwank:

Hal-9000
04-18-2015, 04:57 PM
So now the fanboys are arguing all over the internet about who is speaking the overdub in the latest trailer (#2)...

It's almost a word for word reproduction of Luke's lines from Return of the Jedi...others say it's his son saying the lines.

Hal-9000
04-18-2015, 05:15 PM
and 1:26 of the latest trailer gives me goosebumps..

DemonGeminiX
04-18-2015, 07:50 PM
So now the fanboys are arguing all over the internet about who is speaking the overdub in the latest trailer (#2)...

It's almost a word for word reproduction of Luke's lines from Return of the Jedi...others say it's his son saying the lines.

It's Luke, and it is word for word what he said to Leia in Jedi on Endor before he left to go face Vader, except for the very last line.

All the fanboys that I'm reading online are arguing about the saber being handed over, whether it's Luke's or Vader's.

DemonGeminiX
04-18-2015, 07:52 PM
That partially buried decrepit looking Star Destroyer is as cool as Hoth.

Muddy
04-19-2015, 05:27 PM
Who is the brother?

DemonGeminiX
04-19-2015, 05:31 PM
According to IMDB, the actor's name is John Boyega and he's playing a character named Finn.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2488496/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

Hal-9000
04-19-2015, 05:32 PM
It's Luke, and it is word for word what he said to Leia in Jedi on Endor before he left to go face Vader, except for the very last line.

All the fanboys that I'm reading online are arguing about the saber being handed over, whether it's Luke's or Vader's.

The arguments I read about the trailer voiceover are because of the tense used in one line ..."My father has it"...

I don't think some of the younger fans realize that when Luke was saying this to Leia, Vader was alive and coming for their confrontation.

Still, maybe Luke has a son and a daughter in this new world and it could be Luke's son saying it as a new fakeout/misdirection/tie in to the old movies? :shrug:

Hal-9000
04-19-2015, 05:34 PM
Luke is supposed to get with Mara Jade according to the lore...I want to see some background on her if she's the mother of their child. (Ben Skywalker)

DemonGeminiX
04-19-2015, 05:37 PM
They threw away the expanded universe stuff. This is a completely original story.

Hal-9000
04-19-2015, 05:38 PM
So Luke won't be a daddy in this one?

:sad2:

I do like that talk he had with Leia...it pretty much tells her that Darth is her father too.

DemonGeminiX
04-19-2015, 05:49 PM
I don't know. There is literally nothing online regarding what's going to happen in this film. They say they threw away the expanded universe stuff, then they come back and say they want to hand over the reigns to the next generation, so somebody had to have had a kid. So the kid(s) are gonna take over, but we don't know who they belong to.

Hal-9000
04-19-2015, 06:34 PM
I read there was almost an entire script completed by one guy..then they trashed it and Abrams and another guy wrote the current screenplay.

DemonGeminiX
04-19-2015, 06:44 PM
Lucas had a screenplay and Disney declined it. :lol:

deebakes
04-19-2015, 06:56 PM
:oops:

FBD
04-19-2015, 10:53 PM
so in other words, dont expect much, yes, it'll be star wars, but no fkn way we'll ever see something of the caliber of empire ever again

deebakes
04-20-2015, 12:52 AM
i would have thought you would be a lot more mellow with all that weed fbd :shrug:

DemonGeminiX
04-20-2015, 01:24 AM
so in other words, dont expect much, yes, it'll be star wars, but no fkn way we'll ever see something of the caliber of empire ever again

In other words, we have no idea what it's going to be like. We don't know what's going to happen in this trilogy, and we shouldn't pass judgment on it until we actually see it.

deebakes
04-20-2015, 01:40 AM
sounds like you have the government in your ear dgx :nono:

deebakes
04-20-2015, 01:41 AM
but yes, i am reserving judgment :lol:

a couple of friends of mine that have kids about the same age as mine are planning on midnight showings the day of release and keeping the kids out of school the next day :rofl:

DemonGeminiX
04-20-2015, 01:45 AM
I have actually met kids today that have never seen Star Wars, neither the original trilogy, nor the prequels. I'm expecting to see a lot of people our age that are true fans at the midnight show, and some kids that aren't that'll be there just because it's a "cultural thing".

Hal-9000
04-20-2015, 02:58 AM
Lucas had a screenplay and Disney declined it. :lol:

:doh:

:lol: that's a hilarious bit of trivia...

I don't have the source but I recall a quote from Lucas when he was filming the second film of the second trilogy (Star Wars 2)....he had come under immense fire for everything from using too much CGI (as opposed to models and old skule green screen), to being accused of becoming the thing he despised most when making the first trilogy...an evil motion picture empire * :lol:

It was when the Jar Jar criticisms were happening daily despite The Phantom Menace being the highest grossing film of 1999 and the highest grossing Star Wars film.

George said he was tired of actor's egos and the delays that humans bring to the film making making process. If he could, he would never work with a live actor again and digitize everything including the humans.

:lol:

* it's known that Lucas hated the Hollywood special effects companies for hire, because of the loss of creative control and cost. He was an outspoken supporter of the 'little guy' making films and often put down the Hollywood movie making machine. He then developed ILM, as each one of his films made millions. ILM is the biggest special effects company in the world :lol: :lol:

Hal-9000
04-20-2015, 03:05 AM
I liked what JJ Abrams did with Star Trek. Sure it had the time travel crap (which Star Trek series didn't?..) and bent some of the original series story lines.

He also made some great shout outs and references to the original series and used some pretty good young actors for the canonical roles.

Hopefully he does the same with Star Wars.

Hell, even the original writer/director of the first three Star Wars movies was lambasted by critics for the next three films :shrug:

deebakes
04-20-2015, 03:10 AM
i was watching the prequels recently with my kids again and i guess i didn't remember them being such festering piles of crap as the last time i watched them :lol:

Hal-9000
04-20-2015, 03:21 AM
i was watching the prequels recently with my kids again and i guess i didn't remember them being such festering piles of crap as the last time i watched them :lol:

You're talking Star Wars 1,2,3?

There's one scene at the opening of one of the films...Obi Wan and Anakin are flying through a huge convoy of space ships and get attacked by insect droids while flying. An article listed the number of effects onscreen during one moment lasting 1.9 seconds...over 750 effects :lol: Not that I mind because I'm an epic effects junkie but like the article mentioned - In less that 5 seconds more effects go past your eyes in the latest Star Wars movie that other sci-fi films display in 2 hours :lol:

I hated the casting of Anakin both young and old. I liked a lot of what happened in the prequel films but not the tone...meaning most of the droids had humorous quips and sounds, coupled with characters like Jar Jar and his underwater king...who was a funny caricature of a creature at best.

Things like Obi and Qui-Gon both having to fight Darth Maul was ultra cool...and the encounter between nasty Anikan and Obi at the end of the third movie was hardcore...but the actor who played Anikan whined and whimpered and was...petulant throughout most of his screentime...just about ruined it for me.

and we won't mention his idiotic scenes with Padme :lol:...gawd those were brutal to sit through :oops:

Hal-9000
04-20-2015, 03:25 AM
spoiler from Star Wars 3 Revenge of the Sith

One cool connection - The light saber that Anikan used to kill all of the Jedi Younglings (another cool, sorta out of place part of that movie..) was passed down to Luke as a gift from Obi Wan :)

that thing was dripping in bloody history :lol:

DemonGeminiX
04-20-2015, 04:07 AM
I hated Hayden Christensen. He can't act for shit and he speaks in such a monotonic voice that Keanu would be jealous. That little kid was annoying as all fuck too. The whole animation thing was overdone in the prequels. The only good thing about The Phantom Menace was Darth Maul, and the bastards killed him off. The veteran actors in all of those films should be ashamed of their crappy performances, but given the dialog and direction, you can't really blame them. You can only be as good as what you're given to work with. The Prequels reduced Vader to a sniveling little twat and I'll never forgive Lucas for that. Sure the lightsaber duels were cool, but there's more to Star Wars than just duels.

DemonGeminiX
04-20-2015, 04:08 AM
And Qui Gon and Obi Wan should have killed Jar Jar when they first ran into him.

Hal-9000
04-20-2015, 04:08 AM
yep ^^^

Hal-9000
04-20-2015, 04:14 AM
so just reading that Andy Serkis and Mark Hamill both did the narration of that trailer...depending on which site you believe.

Mark is quoted as saying he had to redo it a number of times as he kept saying - My father had it (note the past tense) :lol:

And the website propagating all of this dissension has brought another actor into the fold, saying he may be playing Luke's son and be the one saying the lines :doh:

There's a change to the original quote. At the end he says - "You have that power too."

ffs they knew the geeks would be drooling with theories, why did they do this to us?? :x

Hal-9000
04-20-2015, 04:16 AM
And Qui Gon and Obi Wan should have killed Jar Jar when they first ran into him.

What I liked most was that both a Jedi master and student had to gang up to defeat Darth Maul. No sense of lost honor or 2 on 1 BS...they had to fight together and even then, just barely got it done.

Hal-9000
04-20-2015, 04:18 AM
Brienne of Tarth will be making an appearance..........

8-[

DemonGeminiX
04-20-2015, 04:23 AM
Here's what I've gleaned: the planet in the teaser is called Jakku. It's not Tattooine, although they may visit there. The Empire doesn't exist, they're called the First Order, and there's no Rebel Alliance anymore, there's the Resistance.

The (really pretty) brunette's name is (currently) Rey and it's theorized that she's somebody's (Luke's or Leia's, more than likely Leia and Han's) daughter. The black dude's name is Finn and he's a "stormtrooper" or whatever they're calling them now. The soccer ball droid's name is BB-8.

That's all I can get for certain.

DemonGeminiX
04-20-2015, 04:26 AM
The dude in the X-Wing is significant too, but I can't remember what they were calling him. And Brienne of Tarth is in the film, as well as Father Merrin.

Hal-9000
04-20-2015, 04:30 AM
Yep I've read about Rey, Finn and Poe (X-wing guy going woot!)

The First Order is empire leftovers and they're in some sort of cold war with the rebels.

Kinda cool how the black guy is a stormtrooper yet looks to be a major part of the movie..

I love that shot of the crashed Star Destroyer in the desert...those things were like a mile long :thumbsup:

And when Han says - We're home....I wonder where his home actually is?

DemonGeminiX
04-20-2015, 04:31 AM
Oddly enough, the actor playing the X-Wing pilot is also gonna play the mutant Apocalypse/En Sabah Nur in the upcoming X-Men: Apocalypse film.

DemonGeminiX
04-20-2015, 04:34 AM
And when Han says - We're home....I wonder where his home actually is?

They're in the Falcon. Apparently, the rumor is they lost it somehow and they're just getting back/stealing it back. Chewie's all paranoid, holding up the gun and waiting for a confrontation, when Han's saying "We're home", so apparently they don't know if it's empty or not.

Hal-9000
04-20-2015, 04:35 AM

http://i.imgur.com/3C0owSG.jpg

Hal-9000
04-20-2015, 04:37 AM
They're in the Falcon. Apparently, the rumor is they lost it somehow and they're just getting back/stealing it back. Chewie's all paranoid, holding up the gun and waiting for a confrontation, when Han's saying "We're home", so apparently they don't know if it's empty or not.

Ahh, that makes sense :thumbsup:

I read that Abrams wanted to go as old school as possible by using models and real sets where ever possible. Something about him buying every air compressor in England to give the stormtrooper rifles a real kick? That's dedication to the craft...or in the very least, a phenomenal waste of money :lol:

Hal-9000
04-20-2015, 04:44 AM
When I think back to the simplicity of the first movie...the evil Empire, stormtroopers = Nazis, Germany

One farm kid who could fly a craft well enough to overcome the empire and the weapon they were creating...the simplicity of the story coupled with the spectacle made it great.

Like Lucas said, it was taking bits and pieces from old Saturday afternoon cliffhanger serials, right down to plane dogfights, that really made Star Wars what it was :thumbsup:

Hal-9000
04-20-2015, 04:45 AM
Midi-chlorians kinda ruined it for me too :|

Why not just say some people have the spiritual juice known as the force...some people notsomuch?

DemonGeminiX
04-20-2015, 04:53 AM
I don't know, we have bacteria, fungi, and viruses living on and inside of us in a symbiotic relationship, so because of that, I didn't really think that the midichlorian thing was that much of a jump in a fantasy/scifi setting.

Hal-9000
04-20-2015, 04:56 AM
It's a me thing...the force shouldn't be like herpes :lol:

DemonGeminiX
04-20-2015, 05:04 AM

deebakes
04-21-2015, 02:22 AM
i got genital force once in college from this chick... thanks valtrex! :tup:

DemonGeminiX
04-21-2015, 03:00 AM
Facts about The Empire Strikes Back:

http://imgur.com/gallery/MC2tEV9

DemonGeminiX
04-21-2015, 07:04 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDYX_PgorRY

Hal-9000
04-21-2015, 05:20 PM
http://i.imgur.com/qLRLCbo.jpg

Hal-9000
04-21-2015, 05:27 PM
http://i.imgur.com/pyTynZs.png

redred
04-21-2015, 06:09 PM

now look who's taking the coke on set :lol:

Hal-9000
04-21-2015, 06:13 PM
It must be nice to do one or two movies that are so famous, that for the rest of your life people would pay you just to show up to places :sad2:

*except Carrie...her drug taking was legendary after Star Wars :lol:

Goofy
04-21-2015, 06:19 PM

Hamill looks like he's turning into Darth Sidious :lol:

DemonGeminiX
04-21-2015, 06:41 PM
It must be nice to do one or two movies that are so famous, that for the rest of your life people would pay you just to show up to places :sad2:

*except Carrie...her drug taking was legendary after Star Wars :lol:

Mark stayed in geeky fanboy territory doing all of that voiceover work for comic book animated shows over the years. He's the long time voice artist for the animated Joker.

Nobody's done half as well as Harrison Ford. People say that was because of Indiana Jones.

Muddy
04-21-2015, 06:54 PM
Mark stayed in geeky fanboy territory doing all of that voiceover work for comic book animated shows over the years. He's the long time voice artist for the animated Joker.

Nobody's done half as well as Harrison Ford. People say that was because of Indiana Jones.

He's also the voice of 'Skips' in the regular show..

http://i.imgur.com/L9jrLOS.png

DemonGeminiX
04-21-2015, 06:55 PM
The shitty thing about Mark and Carrie though, is that they charge money for autographs and pictures at their appearances. I've never agreed with that sort of thing.

Muddy
04-21-2015, 07:20 PM
I dont mind.. People are bugging them for their time.. Who wants to work for free?

DemonGeminiX
04-21-2015, 11:10 PM
They're already getting paid to make an appearance and spend time with fans at those conventions.

Hal-9000
04-21-2015, 11:22 PM
Bad story about Peter Mayhew telling a fan to fuck off if he didn't have X-amount of money to pay for his time..wouldn't even speak to him.

Mayhew walked around and swung his arms while wearing this:

http://i.imgur.com/xtpO6yF.jpg

I agree with DGX. These guys are comped with plenty of money etc to show at conventions. A current practice is to have a desk, a line up and charge 100 bucks for one autograph and 3-5 seconds of time.

deebakes
04-21-2015, 11:23 PM
they probably have carpal tunnel so they need the money :shrug:

Hal-9000
04-21-2015, 11:27 PM
I can't think of a slacker, more rewarding acting job than Chewbacca :lol:

deebakes
04-21-2015, 11:31 PM
its hard work being in a suit and tall :shrug:

DemonGeminiX
05-05-2015, 09:47 AM
I can't believe they're doing these for trailers now, but they still crack me up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHL0SO1Gv3s

DemonGeminiX
07-07-2015, 02:47 AM
They have supposedly started shooting one of the new films that serve as a standalone story.

Star Wars Anthology: Rogue One:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3748528/

Hal-9000
07-08-2015, 07:07 PM
Always timely :tup:

http://i.imgur.com/OY80cX7.jpg

DemonGeminiX
07-08-2015, 07:14 PM
On February 6, 2013, Entertainment Weekly reported that The Walt Disney Company, the new owner of Lucasfilm since 2012, is developing a stand-alone film featuring Han Solo which would take place between Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (2005) and Star Wars (1977). On July 7, 2015, Disney and Lucasfilm announced that Phil Lord and Christopher Miller were hired as the film's directors, and it will see a May 25, 2018 release.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Han_Solo#Spin-off_film

I suppose it's safe to assume that they're gonna get somebody younger to play Han, unless they're gonna pull a Terminator CGI thing.

Hal-9000
07-08-2015, 07:18 PM
I hate that anti aging CGI stuff...we already know that the actor is 93 yrs old, so when the face gets all ironed out it looks weird and unnatural

Goofy
08-02-2015, 04:40 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=21&v=Snph22qSUMU

deebakes
08-02-2015, 04:43 PM
:facepalm:

Hal-9000
08-02-2015, 05:41 PM
that looks pretty cool :thumbsup:

deebakes
08-02-2015, 06:21 PM
http://i59.tinypic.com/oh1g1d.jpg

DemonGeminiX
08-04-2015, 03:48 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qvDw9LRcA7I

DemonGeminiX
08-14-2015, 03:42 PM
http://i.imgur.com/qgHFUVb.png

DemonGeminiX
09-03-2015, 07:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfePC_WGLX4

Uh oh... they gave a lightsaber to the black guy. Thanks, Obama.

8-[

Hal-9000
09-03-2015, 07:47 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfePC_WGLX4

Uh oh... they gave a lightsaber to the black guy. Thanks, Obama.

8-[

:slap: that's how Ferguson Wars started here on Earth...don't provoke

DemonGeminiX
09-03-2015, 07:53 PM
He might go bust up some intergalactic CVSs.

Hal-9000
09-03-2015, 07:59 PM
I just pictured thousands of the white stormtroopers marching under a huge banner saying White Privilege...

and then they find out the lead actor was wearing one :x

:lol: you ruined it for me

DemonGeminiX
09-03-2015, 08:00 PM

deebakes
09-04-2015, 03:09 AM
of course the black one is the bad guy :lol:

DemonGeminiX
10-20-2015, 06:16 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGbxmsDFVnE

redred
10-20-2015, 09:49 AM

Can't wait plus I really think these will be great not like the last 3

Teh One Who Knocks
10-20-2015, 10:25 AM
:yawn:

redred
10-20-2015, 10:33 AM
:slap:

Goofy
10-20-2015, 12:00 PM
No Darth Vader so it will suck :thumbsdown:

redred
10-20-2015, 12:04 PM
The mask was there , that was enough

DemonGeminiX
10-20-2015, 12:40 PM

No Darth Vader so it will suck :thumbsdown:

:diedie:

Goofy
10-20-2015, 03:50 PM
:lol: Ill still watch it of course :tup:

Hal-9000
10-20-2015, 06:01 PM
I remember when the last three came out a friend gave me a copy while they were still in the theaters...

it was blurry and had a large number counter down the entire left hand side of the frame...and I sat through the whole piece of crap until the end :|

waited a few months or even a year and finally watched a mini-HD version...quality was good but the movie itself sucked and I knew the important bits from the crappy copy I had watched.

I swore never again, always be patient

Teh One Who Knocks
10-20-2015, 06:35 PM

I'm looking forward to these about as much as I am looking forward to future root canals if they are needed.

Fool me once.....

DemonGeminiX
10-20-2015, 06:42 PM
Dude, George Lucas was responsible for the horrible shit that was the Prequels. But, he had absolutely no input whatsoever in the making of these films. He sent a treatment to the powers that be and they rejected it. The only thing that attaches him to this film is the fact that he created the universe and the original trilogy's characters, and its continuity with the original trilogy.

His accursed writing will not sully this film.

Hal-9000
10-20-2015, 06:43 PM

I'm looking forward to these about as much as I am looking forward to future root canals if they are needed.

Fool me once.....

Oh c'mon now....in the new director's hands Darth will actually be a woman, R2-D2 is actually a person and episodes IV-VI will all be a dream that Luke had. He'll wake up, be 67 years old and still farming a small plot of dirt on Tattooine :tup:

DemonGeminiX
10-20-2015, 06:45 PM
Even on the website it says that Larry Kasdan wrote the screenplay for the film. Kasdan wrote the screenplay for The Empire Strikes Back.

Goofy
10-20-2015, 09:06 PM
http://i.imgur.com/7bwWfTI.png

deebakes
10-21-2015, 01:23 AM
:faint:

Teh One Who Knocks
10-21-2015, 10:30 AM
http://i.imgur.com/7bwWfTI.png

I don't get it :dunno:

Goofy
10-21-2015, 11:08 AM
I don't get it :dunno:

Han Solo, Princess Leia, "i love you", "i know"

Some right numpties around here [-(

Teh One Who Knocks
10-21-2015, 11:13 AM
Han Solo, Princess Leia, "i love you", "i know"

Some right numpties around here [-(

:confused:

Goofy
10-21-2015, 11:20 AM

DemonGeminiX
10-21-2015, 11:28 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJWr7nAt8ik

redred
10-21-2015, 01:30 PM
:lol: i bet lance is more of a trekkie

Teh One Who Knocks
10-21-2015, 01:31 PM
It wasn't funny :tumble:

redred
10-21-2015, 01:33 PM
yes it was[-(

DemonGeminiX
10-21-2015, 02:08 PM
Star Wars > Star Trek

Teh One Who Knocks
10-21-2015, 02:10 PM
:rofl:

DemonGeminiX
10-21-2015, 02:13 PM
Yep, Lance is a Trekkie.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-21-2015, 02:18 PM
Jar Jar Binks

DemonGeminiX
10-21-2015, 02:26 PM
:-s

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092007/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098382/?ref_=tt_rec_tt

Teh One Who Knocks
10-21-2015, 02:49 PM
Mesa so sorry, yousa argument invalid

DemonGeminiX
10-21-2015, 02:56 PM
The Phantom Menace is better than both of those movies put together, even with Jar Jar Binks.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-21-2015, 03:28 PM
http://i.imgur.com/yXKXIFb.jpg

Teh One Who Knocks
10-21-2015, 03:28 PM
And also wrong :)

DemonGeminiX
10-21-2015, 03:41 PM
This one sequence is better than everything ever published as Star Trek. Even the Wrath of Khan can't beat this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvrAAD8tRw8

DemonGeminiX
10-21-2015, 03:43 PM
Oh and by the way:

http://i.imgur.com/hHV8CcJ.jpg

No woman in Star Trek ever came close to being this hot.

Hal-9000
10-21-2015, 03:50 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGbxmsDFVnE

Love the part with Han

Goofy
10-21-2015, 04:33 PM
Star Wars > Star Trek

:yup:

Goofy
10-21-2015, 04:33 PM
http://i.imgur.com/XzceYu7.png

Hal-9000
10-21-2015, 04:35 PM

deebakes
10-22-2015, 12:46 AM

Hal-9000
10-22-2015, 04:14 PM
love the part where Han is saying it's true, all of it...the world thinks the Jedi knights and the force are only legend

this could be very good :thumbsup:

Teh One Who Knocks
10-22-2015, 04:17 PM
lthis could be very good :thumbsup:

Yousa may be right, yousa may be wrong

Hal-9000
10-22-2015, 04:21 PM
Meesa always wight, you need to licky my ballsa :)

redred
11-04-2015, 05:43 PM
http://i.imgur.com/GObe4OG.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/XcR5sT4.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/tRX5KEE.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/7j8D8Rk.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Yfighui.jpg

Hal-9000
11-04-2015, 05:54 PM
I'm looking forward to this one. Probably because of the old school actors and their part of the story line...

redred
11-05-2015, 08:19 AM
http://i.imgur.com/KepAIVr.jpg

redred
11-05-2015, 08:20 AM
I'm looking forward to this one. Probably because of the old school actors and their part of the story line...

tbh i was looking forward to the last 3 but was soon let down , i do think (hope ) the next 3 nail it

Teh One Who Knocks
11-05-2015, 11:31 AM

DemonGeminiX
11-07-2015, 04:43 AM
Japanese trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XNit858b6I

DemonGeminiX
11-07-2015, 06:09 AM

http://i.imgur.com/j01UTUt.gif

redred
11-07-2015, 07:15 AM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/06/851f1185c165ee16fbac30b2d89e4a0f.jpg

deebakes
11-07-2015, 01:19 PM
i'm usually not a big one to care about hearing spoilers for movies, but i don't think i am going to watch this last trailer :idk:

i'm going to see it of course, but i am going to try to keep myself a little in the dark on this one. i can't tell the last time i did that :shrug:

Teh One Who Knocks
11-07-2015, 01:21 PM
:sleepy:

deebakes
11-07-2015, 01:31 PM
different strokes :shrug:

Teh One Who Knocks
11-07-2015, 01:32 PM
:ghey:

Hal-9000
11-07-2015, 06:03 PM
i'm usually not a big one to care about hearing spoilers for movies, but i don't think i am going to watch this last trailer :idk:

i'm going to see it of course, but i am going to try to keep myself a little in the dark on this one. i can't tell the last time i did that :shrug:

http://i.imgur.com/aY35eyn.jpg

Hal-9000
11-07-2015, 06:04 PM
http://i.imgur.com/oW2fMJ3.jpg

Hal-9000
11-07-2015, 06:04 PM
her eyes :lol:

http://i.imgur.com/eE1k0y1.jpg

DemonGeminiX
11-07-2015, 06:32 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/GPDYtL6OpIL5u/giphy.gif

redred
11-12-2015, 04:57 PM
http://i.imgur.com/7zhYvkC.jpg

DemonGeminiX
11-13-2015, 02:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6HN9soeGa8 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6HN9soeGa8&feature=youtu.be)

Teh One Who Knocks
11-13-2015, 02:26 PM
:bored:

redred
11-13-2015, 02:42 PM
http://i.imgur.com/BckfocH.jpg

Teh One Who Knocks
11-13-2015, 02:44 PM

DemonGeminiX
11-13-2015, 02:48 PM
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/117031/3995686-5953158663-darth.gif

redred
11-24-2015, 02:57 PM
https://www.google.com/starwars/

anyone seen this :lol:

deebakes
11-25-2015, 03:34 AM
:spam:

Teh One Who Knocks
11-25-2015, 10:56 AM

DemonGeminiX
11-27-2015, 09:47 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9RtGRFNQxs

Goofy
11-30-2015, 06:41 PM
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/tsuvn"><a href="//imgur.com/a/tsuvn">Let the festivities begin!</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-30-2015, 06:46 PM

redred
11-30-2015, 07:04 PM
http://i.imgur.com/NDUNPXv.gif

Hal-9000
11-30-2015, 08:43 PM
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/tsuvn"><a href="//imgur.com/a/tsuvn">Let the festivities begin!</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>.

The dudes with the fork and the electrical outlet??? :lol:

Goofy
11-30-2015, 09:43 PM
The dudes with the fork and the electrical outlet??? :lol:

I never noticed that until i read the comments on imgur, daft cunt trying to top himself :lol:

Fodster
12-13-2015, 07:30 AM
:rofl:

https://www.facebook.com/feedbac/videos/10152741510697035/

deebakes
12-13-2015, 03:33 PM

Goofy
12-14-2015, 06:06 PM
https://imgur.com/gallery/04zn19m

:tup:

Teh One Who Knocks
12-16-2015, 11:54 AM
The review below most likely has spoilers in it, read at your own risk

Review: 'The Force Awakens' is genuine, classic 'Star Wars'
By Justin Craig - FOX 411

http://i.imgur.com/zQacWR0.jpg

“Star Wars: The Force Awakens” is the “Star Wars” sequel we have been looking for: a classic adventure that harkens back to the glory days of 1977's "Star Wars" and 1980's "The Empire Strikes Back." Brimming with the heart and star-gazing wonder that made the original a classic, and the dark, brooding struggle between good and evil that solidified “Empire” as a masterpiece sequel, “The Force Awakens” passes the test the prequel trilogy did not: This feels like — and is — a genuine "Star Wars" film.

From its liberal use of practical effects and sets to rip-roaring space battles and a humorous, emotional script by “Empire” and “Jedi” scribe Lawrence Kasdan and director J.J. Abrams, it is evident “The Force Awakens” was made by artists who cherish the “Star Wars” universe and worked hard to restore it to George Lucas’ original vision whilst taking the Skywalker saga in a brand new direction.

“The Force Awakens” takes place thirty years after the events of “Return of the Jedi.” The Empire has been destroyed but a new sect called The First Order has risen, led by the mysterious Supreme Leader Snoke (Andy Serkis), his protege Kylo Ren (Adam Driver) and the Hitler-esque General Hux (Domhnall Gleeson).

When the first trailer and poster for "The Force Awakens" were released, the Internet went into a frenzy asking: Where's Luke? Little did the world know that life was imitating art. Within the movie, the Resistance — now under the command of General Leia (Carrie Fisher)— and the evil First Order have no idea where Luke is either. Both light and dark forces fight against each other to find Skywalker and their search brings them to an unassuming but extraordinary young scavenger Rey (Daisy Ridley), ex-First Order stormtrooper Finn and Han Solo (Harrison Ford).

Abrams and Kasdan took great care to return beloved original characters to their full glory, while also creating brand new identifiable and lovable heroes. As Rey, Daisy Ridley is the driving force behind the film. She takes Princess Leia's wit and Han Solo's brawn to a new level, creating the franchise's first true female action hero. It's about time. In a year that saw many strong female action roles, Rey is a welcome addition to the genre and the series. And Ridley’s vigor and command of every scene shows that she is going to be the next big movie star.

John Boyega's disillusioned stormtrooper-turned-resistance fighter Finn brings levity to the action, reprising that sense of boyish wonder and adventure that we once saw in Mark Hamill's Luke Skywalker so long ago. The chemistry between Boyega and Ridley is the key to the film's success. Without it, the “Force” would slumber instead of awaken. But the two immediately have a rapport that is so palpable, it immerses the audience into their story. This is what was sorely missing from the prequels and it's thanks to Lawrence and Abrams' wonderful script that there is a new generation of "Star Wars" characters to champion.

Oscar Isaac, while lacking Ridley and Boyega's screen time, brings a wild energy as the hotshot resistance pilot Poe Dameron. George Lucas' original film was an homage to classic science fiction and adventure serials and Poe is this film's embodiment of Lucas' original ideas. Hopefully, we will see more of him in later installments.

Adam Driver is one of this generation’s best actors but he is an interesting — and possibly divisive — choice to play new villain Kylo Ren. He is unquestionably lethal, but he also skulks around the film like Darth Vader with a spoiled child’s temperament. With his mask on, Kylo Ren is almost as menacing as Vader. With his mask off, he is just Adam Driver and that may take some getting used to.

Also making brief appearances are Max von Sydow, Lupita Nyong'o and Gwendoline Christie as the series’ first female villain. There are also plenty of new aliens, bounty hunters and scoundrels to make fans giddy.

With all these new characters, Abrams and Kasdan have increased Disney's merchandising and licensing potential tenfold. People already are enamored by the new droid BB-8, who is an absolute delight in the film. It’s a cross between R2-D2 and a lapdog, though it is never as cloying as C-3PO and certainly not as annoying as the dreadful Jar-Jar Binks. Abrams and company did right with BB-8 and it is a welcome addition to an already crowded bench.

Even though the new characters take up the majority of the screen time, all eyes will be on Ford's Han Solo and Peter Mayhew's Chewbacca. For those who grew up with these characters, seeing them back in action again — completely unchanged except for age — is like a dream. Ford comfortably slips back into his smart-aleck character as if the film took place a year after "Jedi." Solo's story is more involved and emotional this time around and Ford adds new depth to the famous smuggler. Han again gets some great lines and many a laugh. Even Chewbacca has a few moments to shine.

It should also be no surprise that five-time Oscar-winner John Williams has created another masterful “Star Wars” score. At 83, the composer hasn’t missed a beat, and maintains his genius for creating memorable themes, complex layered action cues and the soul of the “Star Wars” universe. The new themes for Rey and Poe are classic Williams but his new theme for the Resistance is the true catch: a fugue-like march that harkens back to Williams’ late 70’s oeuvre. Without John Williams there is no “Star Wars”, and “The Force Awakens” finds its center through his brilliant music.

Not all is golden. Supreme Leader Snoke is a massive CGI man-beast voiced by the great Andy Serkis. While Serkis' voice may induce chills, Snoke's appearance makes him as ambiguous as every other giant man-beast in the genre today. For a film that has painstakingly worked hard to recreate the feel of the originals, this was a major step backwards.

With his “Star Trek” films, Abrams created a schism within the Trek fanbase between those who are fine with his changes and those who cry blasphemy. While “The Force Awakens” may not please every “Star Wars” fan with lofty expectations, one thing is certain: There is a new hope that classic “Star Wars” is back for good.

Walt Disney Pictures. Rated PG-13. Running time: 2 hours and 15 minutes.

deebakes
12-17-2015, 03:19 AM
:tldr:

Hal-9000
12-17-2015, 08:06 PM
last line:

There is a new hope that classic “Star Wars” is back for good.

:thumbsup:

deebakes
12-18-2015, 02:13 AM
:woot:

fricnjay
12-18-2015, 06:06 PM
Going tonight to see the premier here at 7:00pm :dance:

Goofy
12-18-2015, 06:15 PM
Going tonight to see the premier here at 7:00pm :dance:

I know major plot spoilers......... couldn't help myself but go looking :oops:

fricnjay
12-18-2015, 06:25 PM
I'm going in with no expectations. Trying to keep an open mind. It will be weird not to hear all the Fox fan fair in the beginning though.

deebakes
12-19-2015, 08:48 PM
movie was awesome

Goofy
12-20-2015, 04:32 PM
SPOILER ALERT - Force awakens opening text crawl :tup:

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="Yk81R4V"><a href="//imgur.com/Yk81R4V">View post on imgur.com</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

:dance:

deebakes
12-20-2015, 04:38 PM

fricnjay
12-21-2015, 06:13 PM
I FUCKING MISSED IT!!!! :banghead:

I had one of my old clients call up and he had a large order he wanted to go over and I stand to make over a grand on the job and missed the damn movie talking over the job with him.

Goofy
12-21-2015, 06:26 PM
I FUCKING MISSED IT!!!! :banghead:

I had one of my old clients call up and he had a large order he wanted to go over and I stand to make over a grand on the job and missed the damn movie talking over the job with him.

fricnjay
12-21-2015, 07:25 PM
I know right. But its hard to pass a grand.

DemonGeminiX
12-22-2015, 12:59 AM
Just got back from it. It's a fast moving flick. It didn't feel like it was 2 hours long.

deebakes
12-22-2015, 02:47 AM
:uwank:

DemonGeminiX
12-22-2015, 04:55 AM
Also,

SPOILER: DON'T OPEN IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE MOVIE AND YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS

:rip: Han Solo. I hope Chewbacca rips your piece of shit son into pieces while Leia watches with a grin on her face. :sad:

DemonGeminiX
12-22-2015, 02:47 PM
http://i.imgur.com/oFZmP6e.jpg

Hal-9000
12-23-2015, 06:36 PM
http://i.imgur.com/dbUp8eA.jpg

Goofy
12-23-2015, 07:00 PM
http://i.imgur.com/oFZmP6e.jpg

Looks like a huge spoiler to me :-k

DemonGeminiX
12-23-2015, 07:15 PM
:nono:

Not if Luke follows the old Jedi code.

Goofy
12-23-2015, 07:18 PM
Morse? :shrug:

DemonGeminiX
12-23-2015, 07:22 PM
In the Old Republic, Jedi weren't allowed to be romantically involved. Subsequently, they weren't supposed to have children.

Goofy
12-23-2015, 07:28 PM
In the Old Republic, Jedi weren't allowed to be romantically involved. Subsequently, they weren't supposed to have children.

Ah, just like that virgin Anakin Skywalker :tup:

Hmmm :-k

DemonGeminiX
12-23-2015, 08:52 PM
He did break that rule... and look at how that turned out for him.

deebakes
12-24-2015, 02:24 AM
Rey info

last i read was that she might be a kid of obi wan

DemonGeminiX
12-24-2015, 12:28 PM
Rey info

There's no way. How could that happen? Luke's at least middle-aged now and Obi Wan died when Luke was still a teenager. Rey can't be anywhere remotely near Luke's age, given he's Ben Solo's uncle and she was just a small child when Ben slaughtered Luke's padawans, as shown in her vision.... and I sincerely doubt ghosts can procreate. Furthermore, Obi Wan was a strict adherent to the Jedi Code, so it could be assumed that he didn't have any kids. In light of that, Rey can't be his grand-daughter either.

Goofy
12-24-2015, 02:41 PM
He did break that rule... and look at how that turned out for him.

Yeah, the jammy bastard got to pump Natalie Portman :x

Oofty Goofty
12-24-2015, 03:25 PM
Rey info

She has to be related to Leia. Either daughter, or niece. When they met in the film, Leia walks right up and hugs her, without introducing herself. It would have been a bit award for a perfect stranger to do that. Rey was left on that God forsaken planet to hide her from the Empire/First Order, just like Luke was.

Oofty Goofty
12-24-2015, 03:36 PM
Jar Jar
The only thing that could have made the movie better is if Jar Jar's home world had been one of the planets that was blown to bits. The scene could have been the doomed planet's population looking up in the sky and seeing the atmosphere turn to fire and envelope them, and their planet exploding. Two populations looking up, then the third, Jar Jar looking up and getting vaporized.

Hal-9000
12-24-2015, 05:09 PM
Looks like a huge spoiler to me :-k

:| Yep...

Hal-9000
12-31-2015, 08:43 PM
http://i.imgur.com/lgeiPIK.jpg

DemonGeminiX
12-31-2015, 11:45 PM
:| Yep...

It's supposition. Nobody knows whose kid Rey is. The movie didn't address it. We'll probably find out in the sequel.

deebakes
01-01-2016, 01:44 AM
episode VIII :lol:

Muddy
01-01-2016, 11:45 PM
So who wants to give Rey a creampie?