PDA

View Full Version : Badass 14-Year-Old Girl Makes Horror Film

Teh One Who Knocks
09-11-2014, 11:21 AM
Rebecca Rose - Jezebel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JayY6aYj-Ss

What were your major accomplishments at 14? Mine was getting my locker moved closer to my best friend, Alexa (because we had important INXS-related notes to share with each other, OK?) For most teens it's getting straight A's or winning a debate tournament. But none of that was good enough for 14-year-old Emily DiPrimo.

While we were all trying to figure out which flavored vodka goes best with the lukewarm bottles of ginger ale stolen from the office Christmas party, DiPrimo was making her own horror film. She used Kickstarter to raise the money needed to make the film. She recently completed the trailer (watch it above) and the film is about ready to roll out. Via her blog, Carver Movie:

Carver is about a group of teenagers who are haunted by a despicable act they committed when they were younger. Their actions caused the deaths of three innocent people. Now on the anniversary of those deaths an ominous calling card, in the form of a carved pumpkin has been placed at each of their homes. Someone is out for revenge...the question is who?

Carver is a throwback to those wonderful slasher films of the 80's. It is a story about revenge and redemption. There are plenty of scares and we promise, NO CGI BLOOD!

A 14-year-old with an affinity for 80s horror flicks and an aversion to CGI? ::gasps:: She is just all shades of awesome.

Goofy
09-11-2014, 11:35 AM
This will be the new "I know what you did last summer" movie i guess :lol: Good going for a 14 year old though :tup: