PDA

View Full Version : Texas man arrested in Baton Rouge after picking up 15-year-old at bar

Teh One Who Knocks
09-12-2014, 11:50 AM
By Amber Stegall - WAFB Channel 9

BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) -

A 21-year-old man from East Texas has been arrested in Baton Rouge after being accused of inappropriate behavior with a 15-year-old girl.

According to documents from the Baton Rouge Police Department, 21-year-old Bolton Perry Alford, a Longview, TX resident, was at City Bar in downtown Baton Rouge on July 5.. Reports say two 15-year-old girls were able to get into the bar. That is where they met Alford.

One of the girls stayed with Alford in the bar and danced with him until the bar closed, according to reports. When the bar closed, the girl, her friend, Alford and another man (unknown identity) got a ride to an apartment. The apartment belongs to one of Alford's friends.

When they arrived, the victim told police that she and her friend were given marijuana and they all participated.

Reports say Alford took the 15-year-old girl into a second floor bedroom where the indecent behavior took place. Police documents say the incident came to a stop when a disturbance took place involving the other 15-year-old girl and the other man. It is unknown at this time what the disturbance was.

A warrant was issued for Alford's arrest on September 3, 2014 and was arrested on September 9, 2014.

Alford was charged with indecent behavior with a juvenile and contributing to the delinquency of a juvenile. He was released from the East Baton Rouge Parish Prison on a $2,000 bond.

RBP
09-12-2014, 11:55 AM
Scary stuff. Card everyone I guess.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-12-2014, 12:07 PM
Couldn't the guy make a case that the bar should have some culpability in this matter? If you go to a bar, you should be safe in assuming that everyone in there is at least 21 years old, unless the bar/club is specifically allowing underage people in for a certain reason on some nights.

RBP
09-12-2014, 03:27 PM
Couldn't the guy make a case that the bar should have some culpability in this matter? If you go to a bar, you should be safe in assuming that everyone in there is at least 21 years old, unless the bar/club is specifically allowing underage people in for a certain reason on some nights.
Interesting angle on the bar. My understanding of previous case law is there is no exception for age even if the meeting was in a bar or the underage person lies about their age.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-12-2014, 05:21 PM
Interesting angle on the bar. My understanding of previous case law is there is no exception for age even if the meeting was in a bar or the underage person lies about their age.

Well, by law, isn't the bar responsible for the patrons inside? If that is the case, which I'm sure it should be, then anyone in the bar should be able to safely assume that everyone in there is at least 21.

Hal-9000
09-12-2014, 06:35 PM
I agree with Lance. It's an environment where all employees and patrons must be 18 or 21....there should be culpability

Why would I ask a girl I picked up in a bar for ID?

RBP
09-12-2014, 07:22 PM
Well, by law, isn't the bar responsible for the patrons inside? If that is the case, which I'm sure it should be, then anyone in the bar should be able to safely assume that everyone in there is at least 21.

I agree with Lance. It's an environment where all employees and patrons must be 18 or 21....there should be culpability

They may be responsible for allowing underage patrons but I don't think that changes the guy's culpability for the statutory sexual assault.

I am not arguing the point, I am just telling you I have read other cases where this happened and the guys still went down. (Pun intended)

Hal-9000
09-12-2014, 08:35 PM
certainly...the one place a man should feel safe about potential dates and he gets thrown into the nasty world of - is she really 18? :-s

I picked up a girl one night, we got along great and then I punted her from my car as both of realized I was 28 years her senior :lol: she was disappointed and I was horny, but both of us made the right call...

PorkChopSandwiches
09-12-2014, 10:23 PM

Exactly, they have sued bars after people have left too drunk and had an accident

RBP
09-12-2014, 10:57 PM
certainly...the one place a man should feel safe about potential dates and he gets thrown into the nasty world of - is she really 18? :-s

I picked up a girl one night, we got along great and then I punted her from my car as both of realized I was 28 years her senior :lol: she was disappointed and I was horny, but both of us made the right call...

You failed to mention you were 38 at the time. :lol:

RBP
09-12-2014, 11:14 PM
Exactly, they have sued bars after people have left too drunk and had an accident

Hmmmmm... are we confusing civil damages with criminal charges?

I have heard of bars being found to owe civil damages to people injured by the drunk, but have never heard that the drunk was not criminally responsible because he was over-served.

PorkChopSandwiches
09-12-2014, 11:47 PM
Im saying the guy, in theory, could go back and sue the bar for their failure to do their job properly

Hal-9000
09-13-2014, 12:46 AM
You failed to mention you were 38 at the time. :lol:

:bazinga:

you fucker :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
09-13-2014, 12:58 AM
Im saying the guy, in theory, could go back and sue the bar for their failure to do their job properly

Exactly, if the bar had done their job in keeping underage kids out of the bar, this guy never would have even met this chick and none of this would have happened.

PorkChopSandwiches
09-13-2014, 01:04 AM
The same logic should apply

Hal-9000
09-13-2014, 01:17 AM
Here's an RBP scenario...

Girl gets into bar with forged ID, she is underage. Guy buys her drinks and then leaves with her. Cops pull him over in the car and they both have their clothes on, but she's 15.

Is the bar responsible for him being with an underage girl?
Can he be charged with supplying alcohol to a minor?
Can he be charged with intent...of the sexual variety?

:-k

deebakes
09-13-2014, 02:41 AM
i think he's innocent and she's a filthy whore :hand:

Hugh_Janus
09-13-2014, 07:30 AM
to make sure you don't get pinched for fucking a minor

RBP
09-13-2014, 09:26 AM

I hope he enjoys his civil damages in prison. Maybe he can buy a nice TV for his cell. :lol:

Exactly, if the bar had done their job in keeping underage kids out of the bar, this guy never would have even met this chick and none of this would have happened.

The same logic should apply

You guys act like I am advocating for a position. I am not. Misrepresenting her age has no bearing on the criminal case.

Legal opinions posted on LawQA.com by attorneys: question was: What would happen if a girl lies about her age?

Michael Breczinski, Michigan: In many States, including Michigan, misrepresentation of age is not a defense. If they had a fake ID even and they turn out to be underage then that is not a defense and the person can be found guilty of statutory rape. This carries mandatory prison time in Michigan. That person needs a good attorney.

Lawrence Lewis, Georgia: Beating the sex case, NO. Not unless the jury fails to follow instructions from the judge. It does not matter that the accused was told she was 19, only her biological age.

Gary Moore, New Jersey: I am guessing that you had sexual relations with an underage girl. If that is the case, her lying about her age does not help you defense because, being underage, should could not legally consent to having sexual relations with you. get a criminal lawyer.

Jeff Yeh, California: That's no defense. Statutory rape is rape, regardless of what the victim says about her age.

Mace Yampolsky, Nevada: If it is statutory rape, no. It is a strict liability offense.

John J. Carney, New York: If the defendant is charged with statutory rape then it does not matter what age she says she is, it is rape if you have intercourse with a girl under 17 no matter what she says.

Coulter K. Richardson, New Jersey: The short answer is no. Statutory tape does not depends on the intent of the party. That information is relevant at sentencing, but is immaterial to prove guilt.

Nathaniel Shafer, Utah: No. Statutory rape laws do not depend on you knowing the age of the person. It's illegal even if you had no way of knowing she/he was underage.

Steve Freeborn, Washington State: I assume that the defendant had sex with this underage girl??? If so, the fact that she lied is not a defense. If you had sex and she was 14 (even though she may have said 19), you have committed statutory rape.

William L. Welch, III, Maryland: If in fact she is a minor, then by law she may not consent, regardless of what she says about her age.

Craig Andersen, Washington: It is his responsibility to verify a girl's age before having sex with her.

deebakes
09-13-2014, 05:14 PM
i think everyone is missing the most important question here...

was she hot? :oops:

Hal-9000
09-13-2014, 07:23 PM
and was her forged ID a stick figure drawing with this beside it ----> I'm 18, really

:lol: