PDA

View Full Version : Babysitter accused of feeding pot-laced margarine to kid

Teh One Who Knocks
05-20-2011, 04:49 PM
By Chuck Biedka, VALLEY NEWS DISPATCH

The label on the margarine tub read, "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter."

And it sure wasn't.

Upper Burrell police allege a 22-year-old township woman gave a 12-year-old girl toast with a spread laced with marijuana.

Stevie C. Hickey of Dewey Drive allegedly was babysitting the girl as well as a two younger children in her apartment.

Hickey allegedly told the girl she put "parsley butter" on two pieces of toast, according to police.

Police said the girl's mother called them after confronting Hickey and discovering a margarine/marijuana mixture in Hickey's home.

"(The mother) did find an 'I Can't Believe It's Not Butter' container in the freezer. She showed it to me," Upper Burrell Officer Robert Speer wrote in the affidavit for Hickey's arrest. "From my training and experience, I could smell it was marijuana mixed in butter."

The affidavit also said Hickey told police she learned how to make the mixture from the Internet and then forgot it was in the freezer.

Police said they aren't sure when the incident occurred, but the girl's mother reported it on April 26.

Last week, Hickey, who is free on her own recognizance, waived her preliminary hearing on the charges and the case will be scheduled for trial in Westmoreland County Court.

PorkChopSandwiches
05-20-2011, 04:54 PM
Nice babysitting :roll:

Hal-9000
05-20-2011, 05:16 PM
marijuana butter has a distinct green caste to it (yes I've made it).

how the person didn't know is ludicrous...why it was there and available for anyone to use is another step up the food chain of stupidity....