PDA

View Full Version : Stabbing suspect: Knifing people is 'better than doing meth'

Teh One Who Knocks
09-24-2014, 11:06 AM
By LEVI PULKKINEN - Seattlepi.com

http://i.imgur.com/jLO19uX.jpg

SEATTLE -- A Seattle man is facing robbery and assault charges following a South Lake Union crime spree that saw two people stabbed.

Accused of knifing two people and holding up an third in a knifepoint robbery, John Fecteau is alleged to have admitted to the Sept. 10 spree in a rather spectacular fashion following his arrest.

Fecteau told an arresting officer he hoped he'd severed one victim's spine during the unprovoked attack, according to charging papers filed by King County prosecutors. The 22-year-old is alleged to have gone on to declare stabbing better than methamphetamine.

"I'm going to stab one person every day," Fecteau told police, according to charging papers. "It is better than doing meth."

The trouble began shortly after noon, when Fecteau confronted a woman sitting near the intersection of Denny Way and Eastlake Avenue, a Seattle police detective said in charging papers.

Fecteau, who is homeless, blamed the woman for sitting on a piece of cardboard that belonged to him, Senior Deputy Prosecutor Jennifer Worley said in charging papers.

As a man who was with the woman began to stand, Fecteau stabbed him in the back of the neck and then stuck him a second time behind his ear, Worley continued. Fecteau is alleged to have stabbed the woman in the hand.

Police had responded to the area the day before after Fecteau threatened to stab people, according to charging papers

Both have since identified Fecteau as their attacker; they both knew him from a program aimed at helping young people who are homeless. Police also describe him as having "very distinct facial tattoos."

Fecteau was no longer at the scene when police arrived. About 90 minutes later, though, officers received a report of a robbery in Belltown involving a similar suspect.

According to charging papers, Fecteau followed a man onto a King County Metro bus after he boarded at Third Avenue and Pine Street. He then followed him off the bus when the worried man disembarked at Bell Street.

Fecteau drew a folding knife and demanded the man empty his pockets, the detective said in charging papers. Concerned he was about to be stabbed, the man did so.

The man told police Fecteau then began stabbing at him with the knife. The man said Fecteau chased him for half a block before losing interest.

Fecteau was arrested at Westlake Park, five blocks from the robbery location. Prosecutors say Fecteau was admitted to the stabbing immediately after his arrest.

"Did that kid die yet?" Fecteau is alleged to have asked the arresting officer.

"I got them, the two under the bridge," he continued, according to prosecutors. "I licked their fluids off the blade. That guy, I hope I severed his spine."

If that's the case, Fecteau is in for a disappointment. Both victims suffered non-life threatening wounds.

As to the man he robbed, Fecteau is alleged to have explained he did it because the other man "pissed" him off.

Fecteau has an extensive criminal history in Washington, Oregon and California. In Washington alone, he's previously been convicted of assault with a deadly weapon, as well as 15 less serious assault charges. Prosecutors believe he may have been convicted last year of assault with a deadly weapon in California, though that conviction had not been confirmed when new charges were filed Monday.

Fecteau has been charged in King County Superior Court with two counts of second-degree assault and one count of first-degree robbery. Each carries a deadly weapon enhancement, which will mean years more in prison for Fecteau if he is convicted as charged.

He remains jailed on $245,000 bail.

FBD
09-24-2014, 12:40 PM
throw away the key