PDA

View Full Version : Teacher threatens to kill students with robot...Gets paid over 100k

PorkChopSandwiches
09-24-2014, 07:15 PM
Oceanside Unified School District officials investigated complaints that a teacher threatened to have a robot shoot and kill students, and the educator was allowed to resign and receive a $92,000 settlement instead of being fired.

Officials said the prospect of a lengthy and costly state process to terminate the teacher contributed to the settlement.

The educator, Tuyet-Mai Thi Vo, says the allegations were untrue, and she has a positive recommendation letter from then-Superintendent Larry Perondi to vouch for her ongoing fitness for the classroom.

According to a district report, “Ms. Vo told her class that if robots were teachers, Ms. Vo would program the robot to shoot the students every time the students didn’t pay attention, talked back, or even talked at all. Ms. Vo told her class she would program the robot to zap the students with a Taser if the students failed to complete homework assignments or arrived late to class. Ms. Vo told her class she would program the robot to kill all of the students.”

The alleged threat and other reports of hostile encounters are outlined in documents the district filed with the state while the dismissal process was active. U-T Watchdog obtained the filings from the state’s Office of Administrative Hearings through a public records request.

Reached by phone, Vo, 48, said, “That is not reflective of who I am. What the district claimed was alleged. Alleged means they are not true.”

According to district officials, Vo was on paid leave from Jan. 23, 2012, until June 30, 2013, before leaving district employment with the cash settlement, plus 18 more months of family health benefits (still in effect) at a cost of $1,949 a month.

According to district filings, students expressed shock at her robot comments on Jan. 11, 2012, and “Ms. Vo explained that she did not like teaching students with attitudes.”

The next day, “on January 12, 2012, Ms. Vo forcefully grabbed and ripped a student’s shirt as he walked past her to his seat in the classroom,” the district wrote. “Ms. Vo’s repeated improper and threatening interactions with students and staff and her willful failure to provide required educational instruction violates district rules and state education laws.”

Vo said she was gesturing while teaching, and her contact with the student’s shirt was inadvertent.

Hal-9000
09-24-2014, 07:25 PM
:hand:

Robots don't kill people, teachers kill people.

FBD
09-24-2014, 07:29 PM
whatever, I used to have a teacher that would straight up whip erasers at you

PorkChopSandwiches
09-24-2014, 07:32 PM
My elementary school would send you to the principle for spankings

Teh One Who Knocks
09-24-2014, 07:45 PM
My kindergarten teacher used to tar and feather us for talking in class

Goofy
09-24-2014, 07:54 PM
My P1 teacher used to chop a finger off you if you talked out of turn......... makes it difficult to type these days :(

DemonGeminiX
09-24-2014, 08:45 PM
My first grade teacher had a hidden torture chamber in the coat closet. I've never seen it personally, but everyone knew it was there. One day she took one of my classmates, her name was Sally, back there... and no one ever saw or heard from Sally again.

deebakes
09-24-2014, 11:04 PM
my first grade teacher used to fuck the students that misbehaved... i was such a horrible student :sad2:

FBD
09-25-2014, 12:49 PM
:lol:

Hal-9000
09-25-2014, 02:59 PM
my first grade teacher used to fuck the students that misbehaved... i was such a horrible student :sad2:

I heard he was tough :(

PorkChopSandwiches
09-25-2014, 03:19 PM
:coat: