PDA

View Full Version : 17 Haunting Photos Of People Moments Before Their Death (non grisly stuff)

Hal-9000
09-26-2014, 12:20 AM
Ok, I hate these slide-show entertainment pages, apologies. I did look up over 10 of these events and all seem legit.

http://whatculture.com/offbeat/17-haunting-photos-people-moments-death.php

Hal-9000
09-26-2014, 01:06 AM
3. Joseph Avery

damn dude...harsh! :lol:

DemonGeminiX
09-26-2014, 01:09 PM
That Budd Dwyer incident was horrible. You can find the video online somewhere. The song "Hey Man, Nice Shot" by Filter was written about it.

Hal-9000
09-26-2014, 03:02 PM
guy turned out to be innocent too....power of the press :(

Muddy
09-26-2014, 03:06 PM
Thanks.. It would have been interesting if it showed the after picture as well.. But still a decent read.

Hal-9000
09-26-2014, 03:14 PM
that Niagra Falls dude....watched his buddies die, then hangs onto that log for 18 hours...then gets picked up by the rescue boat AND....

:lol: damn

FBD
09-26-2014, 04:49 PM
aint an automatic death sentence unless you go over the american falls though

DemonGeminiX
09-27-2014, 07:44 AM
guy turned out to be innocent too....power of the press :(

That's what THEY say, but as far as anything I've ever read or seen about the case (I'm originally from Pennsylvania and I remember all the hub bub when it actually went down... I've had a morbid curiosity about this case for years), he was caught dead to rights and no one ever presented foolproof evidence later to exonerate him. You'll be hard pressed to find any legitimate thing anywhere that proves his innocence. I know that one of the defendants that flipped to testify against and led to Dwyer and Asher's guilty verdicts said in 2010 that he provided false testimony, but there were other witnesses to corroborate Dwyer's and Asher's guilt. Bob Asher later said that it was all true, the guilty verdicts were just, and Dwyer was as guilty as he was. He laid it all out. And this is years after the fact after Asher served his sentence, got out, and rebuilt his reputation and political clout with people. Asher had absolutely nothing to gain by coming clean about what really went down. He already paid his debt to society in full for his crimes.

The issue of Dwyer's guilt really is a subjective issue nowadays, nearly 30 years after the fact. By all accounts, Budd was a good man, but according to all of the sources that I've ever found, he did do a bad thing and the jury found the correct verdict.

They say he committed suicide to ensure that his wife would receive benefits afterwards. It was law in Pennsylvania that any politician's family would receive benefits if they died in office. The law made no distinction with respect to suicide. Since he had yet to be sentenced when he committed suicide, even though he was found guilty, he was still serving out his tenure as Treasurer of Pennsylvania. He wouldn't resign and wouldn't be forced to resign until he actually was sentenced, which was scheduled the day after his suicide. I'm sure Pennsylvania law has been changed since then to deal with that issue.

Oofty Goofty
09-27-2014, 01:13 PM
aint an automatic death sentence unless you go over the american falls though

You can see the large rocks at the bottom of the American falls, so you know a sure death awaits. You can't see the bottom of the Canadian falls, so there's hope.