PDA

View Full Version : Fox News presenters mock female pilot who took part in campaign against Isis, crack sexist jokes about UAE’s Major Mariam al-Mansouri, calling her ‘boobs on the ground’

Godfather
09-26-2014, 04:32 AM
Presenters on US cable channel Fox News cracked a series of sexist jokes after reporting that a female pilot from the UAE had taken part in a bombing mission of Isis targets in Syria, describing her as “boobs on the ground”.

One presenter, Kimberly Guilfoyle, tried to pay tribute to Major Mariam al-Mansouri, 35, one of four UAE fighter pilots to take part in the operation. “Hey, Isis, you were bombed by a woman,” she said. “Very exciting, a woman doing this … I hope that hurt extra bad because in some Arab countries women can’t even drive.”

She continued: “Major Mariam al-Mansouri is who did this. Remarkable, very excited. I wish it was an American pilot. I’ll take a woman doing this any day to them.”

But after the segment, co-host Greg Gutfeld interrupted Guilfoyle, mocking the pilot. “The problem is after she bombed it she couldn’t park it,” he said. Another presenter, Eric Bolling, joined in, asking: “Would that be considered boobs on the ground or no?” The conversation between panellists, which was broadcast on Wednesday, was part of discussion show The Five on Fox News.

Embarrassed, Guilfoyle hung her head, saying: “Oh my gosh, why did they ruin my thing?” Another voice was heard afterwards saying: “Did you just say what I thought you said?”

Mansouri, who is from Abu Dhabi, graduated from the UAE air force academy in 2008 after becoming one of the first women to join after it scrapped its ban on women.

Speaking to the National of UAE, she said: “It was my aspiration. Ever since I finished high school, I wanted to learn flying because it was something that I liked in the first place.

“A woman’s passion about something will lead her to achieving what she aspires and that’s why she should pursue her interests.”

Mansouri told CNN this summer: “I put my mind to being a fighter pilot. But at that time, the doors were not open for females to be pilots, so I had to wait almost 10 years.

“Whenever a woman enters a new male-dominated field, they find the same hesitation, the same prejudice, the same stereotype thinking.

“And I had to prove myself by just being determined and having that skill and the knowledge enough to prove that I can perform as skilfully as the men in this field.”

• This article was corrected on Thursday 25 September 2014 as it originally stated that the conversation took place on Greta Van Susteren’s self-titled show.

Godfather
09-26-2014, 04:35 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LTyqsRQOCY

Assholes.

Boobs on the ground :roll: more like dicks on the air.

Noilly Pratt
09-26-2014, 05:10 AM
Good god...they wouldn't go that far in an episode of Mad Men...

Goofy
09-26-2014, 06:17 AM
They let her out of the kitchen? :shock:

Sorry :oops: jk :lol:

FBD
09-26-2014, 01:40 PM
that's the problem when you try to be news...but commentary...but satire and comedy all rolled into one. some expect serious, some expect comedy, and god forbid you say something politically incorrect. (or tell an absolutely terrible joke....fuggin boobs on the ground? doesnt get much more contrived than that.)

and then you hear about rupert murdoch's financial deals with rothschilds...yeah, keep that red team blue team war going, folks.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-26-2014, 01:44 PM
Assholes.

Yes, you go ahead and pick and choose what 'hype' is worth getting upset over. The 'latte salute' was something being 'overblown' but this, this right here is a moral outrage. :villagers:

Godfather
09-26-2014, 02:36 PM
I believe one is ridiculous and another is completely inappropriate, I fail to see a contradiction. My point on both is that they're excellent examples of media being utter shit, in just slightly different ways. No side is picked - I'm against the reporters of both stories for being trolls. I've said that many times here, that's the message to both posts.

If I didn't communicate that I'm sorry, didn't mean to come off as a hypocrite, I do have a common theme believe it or not :P

PorkChopSandwiches
09-26-2014, 02:50 PM
that's the problem when you try to be news...but commentary...but satire and comedy all rolled into one. some expect serious, some expect comedy, and god forbid you say something politically incorrect. (or tell an absolutely terrible joke....fuggin boobs on the ground? doesnt get much more contrived than that.)

and then you hear about rupert murdoch's financial deals with rothschilds...yeah, keep that red team blue team war going, folks.

http://rasica.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/rothschilds-infamous-let-me-issue-control-money-quote-end-the-fed.jpg?w=300&h=160

RBP
09-26-2014, 04:03 PM
I don't know the Five on Five show but his prior show Red Eye was not politically correct and joking. It was funny!

Noilly Pratt
09-26-2014, 04:31 PM
http://i59.tinypic.com/bg3az6.jpg

More here...
http://leenks.com/gallery2385.htm

FBD
09-26-2014, 04:37 PM
I believe one is ridiculous and another is completely inappropriate, I fail to see a contradiction. My point on both is that they're excellent examples of media being utter shit, in just slightly different ways. No side is picked - I'm against the reporters of both stories for being trolls. I've said that many times here, that's the message to both posts.

If I didn't communicate that I'm sorry, didn't mean to come off as a hypocrite, I do have a common theme believe it or not :P

I think its a damned stretch to assert that they were mocking this pilot.

but of course we can all agree on the shite-ness of the media :handshake: :whateverthefuckthatis:

RBP
09-26-2014, 05:32 PM
http://i59.tinypic.com/bg3az6.jpg

More here...
http://leenks.com/gallery2385.htm
Except that the picture you posted is not from the Fox News Channel.

Hal-9000
09-26-2014, 06:28 PM
The comments certainly don't help the view on men being sexist, misogynist pigs. While funny, they just add fuel to feminist agendas..and hell I'll say it - grow the fuck up. The pilot is performing a job that was formerly an all male profession, much like firefighters....the parking and boob jokes set the equality balance back a few years. As newscasters, these guys should exert a modicum of tact. Make the jokes in the coffee room or outside the building..

Hal-9000
09-26-2014, 06:30 PM
I guess it was an editorial round table newscast....what I wrote above still holds IMO

RBP
09-26-2014, 07:23 PM
I bet no one protested MSNBC captioning a CEO pay discussion "Mind the (wage) Gap" last night on Chris Matthews show.

DemonGeminiX
09-26-2014, 09:24 PM
I don't know the Five on Five show but his prior show Red Eye was not politically correct and joking. It was funny!

That show still runs at 3 or 4 in the morning, and it's still freakin' hilarious. Jim Norton drops by every once in a while too. I don't like very many comedians but Norton makes me howl.

DemonGeminiX
09-26-2014, 09:30 PM
The comments certainly don't help the view on men being sexist, misogynist pigs. While funny, they just add fuel to feminist agendas..and hell I'll say it - grow the fuck up. The pilot is performing a job that was formerly an all male profession, much like firefighters....the parking and boob jokes set the equality balance back a few years. As newscasters, these guys should exert a modicum of tact. Make the jokes in the coffee room or outside the building..

I guess it was an editorial round table newscast....what I wrote above still holds IMO

I said it before and I'll say it again... that show's not a newscast and they're not reporters. If there was news going on they wouldn't be on, they'd be shoved aside in favor of one of the anchors where they would follow the news live. The Five is not that kind of show. They're personalities that talk about the news of the day, sometimes making light of it (especially where Gutfeld's concerned). Not all of their jokes are great, I rolled my eyes at that one, but sometimes they can be really funny.

Hal-9000
09-26-2014, 09:35 PM
I guess I really don't care what their label is...it's comments like that that give fuel to a stupid argument...the girl flies fighter planes, give her some props for dropping bombs on those radical Islam Neanderthals and let her continue on

RBP
09-26-2014, 11:20 PM
That show still runs at 3 or 4 in the morning, and it's still freakin' hilarious. Jim Norton drops by every once in a while too. I don't like very many comedians but Norton makes me howl.

I said it before and I'll say it again... that show's not a newscast and they're not reporters. If there was news going on they wouldn't be on, they'd be shoved aside in favor of one of the anchors where they would follow the news live. The Five is not that kind of show. They're personalities that talk about the news of the day, sometimes making light of it (especially where Gutfeld's concerned). Not all of their jokes are great, I rolled my eyes at that one, but sometimes they can be really funny.

That totally changes the context. Thanks.

I guess I really don't care what their label is...it's comments like that that give fuel to a stupid argument...the girl flies fighter planes, give her some props for dropping bombs on those radical Islam Neanderthals and let her continue on

Yes, we should never joke about anything, ESPECIALLY women. Oh the horror.

RBP
09-27-2014, 04:37 AM
Steven gets it...

http://i.imgur.com/dC8V7nL.jpg

DemonGeminiX
09-27-2014, 08:59 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlL3yLhBwgo

FBD
09-27-2014, 03:52 PM
:lol: its like,...people really think he's serious when he says shit like that? :lol:

DemonGeminiX
09-27-2014, 05:54 PM
:lol: its like,...people really think he's serious when he says shit like that? :lol:

People have gotten really oversensitive about shit in the past 20 years. It's ridiculous and stupid.

Hal-9000
09-27-2014, 06:32 PM
That totally changes the context. Thanks.

Yes, we should never joke about anything, ESPECIALLY women. Oh the horror.

Didn't say that. It's my view on the subject and how it was handled by that group, shouldn't really inspire this kind of sarcasm or response...

we ALL have subjects that inspire an opinion...oh hell yes boy :lol:

FBD
09-27-2014, 08:29 PM
People have gotten really oversensitive about shit in the past 20 years. It's ridiculous and stupid.

political correctness, tool of progressivism...distort the narrative and up becomes down, classical liberal becomes liberal, republican becomes teddy progressive...

I have tremendous respect for the founding fathers and the constitution, the bill of rights.

all subsequent perversions are blasphemy and those that have done it deserve a ten lifetimes of hell in return.

Hugh_Janus
09-28-2014, 09:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LTyqsRQOCY

Assholes.

really? Hurr durr, muh funnehs

what a pair of twats

Muddy
09-29-2014, 02:35 AM
political correctness, tool of progressivism...distort the narrative and up becomes down, classical liberal becomes liberal, republican becomes teddy progressive...

I have tremendous respect for the founding fathers and the constitution, the bill of rights.

all subsequent perversions are blasphemy and those that have done it deserve a ten lifetimes of hell in return.

I hear you in theory.. But 10 lifetimes of hell for following what they believe in? That sounds a little oversensitive in its own right as well.