PDA

View Full Version : ‘Hippo’ in The Chicago River or just Debris?

Teh One Who Knocks
09-26-2014, 10:39 AM
By Cryptozoology News

CHICAGO– A YouTube user captured the video of an unidentified creature swimming in the Chicago River last week.

Chris O. was videotaping a boat when the purported animal came out of the water.

The 27-second long video shows a small boat carrying three people as they cruise under the Bataan-Corregidor Memorial Bridge, where State Street crosses the Chicago River. Suddenly, something round and brown that looks like the head of a big mammal emerges.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioyAUE2UfXk

“Sorry for the abrupt cut, but when the boat stepped in front I stopped recording to move to a better angle but by the time I got there it was gone and we couldn’t find it again,” Chris said.

A quick search through numerous Chicago police reports from the date the video was taken, and the previous days, returned no results regarding the alleged sighting.

Not surprisingly, some people believe the video is just a hoax.

“So fake, clearly there is something there the people in the boat respond to something, but if you carefully watch the thing you will notice once it head comes above water and turns it doesn’t bob with the water, they or someone else set something up that is sitting on bottom that they or someone else triggered to raise when the boat came near,” says viewer Pale Bluedot.

But looking closer, one of the men on the boat appears to react to the “sighting”, and even points a finger at the supposed creature. Could it be that there was actually a mammal in the Chicago River?

“Manatee,” says YouTube user OfDiscordia, “and if you don’t think they can make it up here from the gulf, one made it as far as Memphis that was confirmed in the news a few years ago. That one disappeared before it was captured and was found dead a few months later in a Memphis harbor,” he recalls.

Gas from decomposing matter can trigger the displacement of logs and debris around the water. This is a known phenomenon occurring at the Loch Ness lake in Scotland. Thermoclines, consisting of cyclic temperature variation, can also create a similar effect, but they don’t develop in constant moving water such as rivers.

perrhaps
09-26-2014, 12:25 PM
Fat Albert?

Hal-9000
09-26-2014, 10:33 PM
WW2 mine

RBP
09-27-2014, 12:15 AM
Your mom :dance:

deebakes
09-27-2014, 01:21 AM
i thought this was about kim kardashian :sad2:

FBD
09-27-2014, 03:53 PM
this makes me want to get a fake hippo head and add some mechanics, submerge it....and scare some motherfuckers :lol: