PDA

View Full Version : IRS decides Iowan is not authorized to speak on his own behalf

Teh One Who Knocks
10-06-2014, 10:44 AM
By Paul Brennan - Watchdog.org

DES MOINES, Iowa — It should have been simple.

Jason Dinesen was just writing to the IRS to clarify a clerical matter. As an accountant, Dinesen knows only too well the IRS can turn simple matters into surprisingly complex ones.

What he didn’t expect was that the IRS would try to turn him into two different people.

In June, Dinesen received a letter from the IRS telling him he was using the wrong payroll form for his company, Dinesen Tax & Accounting.

The payroll at Dinesen Tax & Accounting isn’t complicated. Dinesen is the company’s sole owner and its only employee.

Dinesen was convinced he was filing the correct form.

“It’s not a big issue. It’s just a clerical matter. So I wrote them a letter explaining why I thought I was already filing the correct form and asking them to update their files,” Dinesen told Iowa Watchdog.

On Sept. 22, Dinesen received the IRS’s reply.

“The letter said they had received a letter from my accountant, requesting changes be made to my account and they cannot make those changes because my accountant is not authorized to act on my behalf,” Dinesen said.

“Of course, the accountant is me. But the letter I sent I clearly signed as the owner of my company, not as an accountant acting on someone’s behalf,” Dinesen explained.

“I even included a copy of the letter they originally sent me along with my letter to make it as easy for them as possible to resolve the matter.”

Acid Trip
10-06-2014, 05:35 PM
"If I only had a brain" - IRS Employee theme song

PorkChopSandwiches
10-06-2014, 05:38 PM
:lol:
Abolish?