PDA

View Full Version : Female teacher 'groomed' student, 10

Teh One Who Knocks
10-08-2014, 01:27 PM
Mark Russell - Court Reporter for The Age

http://i.imgur.com/Z59CuOY.jpg

Convinced she was in love with her 10-year-old student, primary school teacher and mother of eight Diane Brimble had his name and the infinity symbol tattooed on her chest, a court has heard.

The boy's mother told the County Court on Monday that Brimble had "hurt him in his heart" after Brimble had groomed him.

The mother said while her daughters would draw rainbows and unicorns, he drew black pictures of knives and death. She felt sickened as a mother that Brimble's offending was "under the guise of motherly love".

"The commemorative tattoo etched into her body of my child's name in the symbol of infinity coupled with her belief in spells and spirits makes me convinced that she truly believes she is meant to be united in dreams for eternity," the boy's mother said in a victim impact statement read to the court.

The boy's father said his son believed "this horrible woman" had cast a spell on him which meant anything he heard or saw she could hear and see too, which was why he refused to look at his parents or talk about what Brimble had done.

Brimble, 47, of Hamilton, appeared in the County Court on Monday for a pre-sentence hearing after a jury sitting in Warrnambool found her guilty of one count of committing an indecent act with a child under 16 between January 1 and April 19, 2013.

Judge Mark Taft said Brimble had hugged the boy at her house and asked him if he wanted to sleep with her. The boy asked her what she meant and she said, "sex." The boy pushed Brimble's hands away as she kissed him on the cheek and told him she loved him.

He told his teacher he was not old enough to have sex but Brimble told him, "You are when you are at my house."

"It is an unusual case. I find Ms Brimble's conduct as bizarre as any I have ever seen in a courtroom," Judge Taft said.

The boy's mother said she was proud of her son for rejecting Brimble's sexual advances.

"He knew right from wrong," she said before warning other parents not to be naive and trust anyone "with your beautiful children".

Brimble's predatory actions when trying to turn her little boy into a sexual commodity had had a profound effect on him and his family, the mother said.

She was now worried the boy, who has had to repeat a year at school, might blame her for not protecting him from Brimble.

"I have failed as a mother because I did not keep him safe," she said.

The mother said the family had moved out of the community but still did a double-take if they saw anyone with bleached blonde hair similar to Brimble's.

She was repulsed at how Brimble had used "guile and artifice" to make her son doubt that his parents loved him so she could offer him solace and fun.

Brimble had set out to exploit her little boy and stole part of his innocence.

The boy's father said he lived day by day trying to protect him now. "I feel sick every time I think of my son's name tattooed on her body," he said in his victim impact statement read to the court.

"Who knows what scars he will carry with him forever." Judge Taft was critical of a psychological report tendered by Brimble's defence barrister which claimed Brimble had only been trying to support the boy through difficult and challenging times and had been naive not to realise the child could have misinterpreted her kindness.

The judge said the psychological report failed to explain Brimble's reasons for her offending.

"I remain entirely baffled by Ms Brimble's psycho-sexual profile and her motivation," he said. Judge Taft said Brimble's conduct was bizarre and he agreed with the boy's description that his teacher had been acting "weird".

Brimble will be sentenced on Thursday.

HyperV12
10-08-2014, 02:28 PM
Dear God Above! 10????? What the hell is wrong with some people??

FBD
10-08-2014, 02:30 PM
goodbye thunder thighs

RBP
10-08-2014, 03:05 PM
Dear God Above! 10????? What the hell is wrong with some people??
A potential new member of team RBP? I have Hal turned but I need more. :tup:

Muddy
10-08-2014, 03:34 PM
team MISOGYNIST is more like it.

FBD
10-08-2014, 03:38 PM
like with any conspiracy, start out with the simple stuff and move on from there. you get 7 and the demolition established first before moving on to the rest of the evidence.

team misogynist....more like team we dont believe that hormones exist :lol:

but good on this kid for knowing he was in a situation where something was not right and saying something about it.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-08-2014, 04:09 PM
It was obviously love, she got a tattoo :hand:

PorkChopSandwiches
10-08-2014, 04:20 PM
Wow :shock:

RBP
10-08-2014, 05:07 PM
team MISOGYNIST is more like it.
Feel free to point out anything you feel I say that is female hating. Otherwise feel free to go fuck yourself.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Muddy
10-08-2014, 06:42 PM
Feel free to point out anything you feel I say that is female hating. Otherwise feel free to go fuck yourself.

Thank you and have a nice day!

feel better? :empathy:

RBP
10-08-2014, 07:08 PM
feel better? :empathy:
Just like a feminist. Make an inflammatory accusation and then pretend it's the accused who has the problem when they respond in kind.

PorkChopSandwiches
10-08-2014, 07:10 PM
http://i.imgur.com/iPrdtbj.jpg

Goofy
10-08-2014, 07:13 PM
http://i.imgur.com/iPrdtbj.jpg

Pretty sure she's already eaten the whole loaf :(

Hugh_Janus
10-08-2014, 07:32 PM
Pretty sure she's already eaten the whole bakery :(

ftfy :tup:

Muddy
10-08-2014, 07:49 PM
Just like a feminist. Make an inflammatory accusation and then pretend it's the accused who has the problem when they respond in kind.

You need to talk to a counselor about your issues with females. It cant be healthy. :2cents:

RBP
10-08-2014, 10:39 PM
You need to talk to a counselor about your issues with females. It cant be healthy. :2cents:
You know, if I gave a flying fuck about what you thought, that might hurt.

I'm going to assume your kidding and that you wouldn't presume to know a damn thing about my counseling needs.

Muddy
10-09-2014, 12:57 AM
Calm down, Homer.. See? Way too sensitive about the subject.. I don't see eye to eye with you on the subject, so i dont much give a flying flark either! I do think you hate women though, tbh.. But thats ok.. Just my opinion. Doesn't affect you one iota. :lol:

http://i59.tinypic.com/vb5l2.jpg

deebakes
10-09-2014, 01:46 AM
this bitch has got to get locked up :x

RBP
10-09-2014, 02:15 AM
Calm down, Homer.. See? Way too sensitive about the subject.. I don't see eye to eye with you on the subject, so i dont much give a flying flark either! I do think you hate women though, tbh.. But thats ok.. Just my opinion. Doesn't affect you one iota. :lol:

http://i59.tinypic.com/vb5l2.jpg

We haven't discussed the issue of the OP at all.

Does it piss me off that another long-term member of this board having the balls to hurl insults with absolutely nothing to back it up, suggesting I am the one who's being inappropriate, repeating the insult (I do think you hate women, though, tbh), and then justifying your insults my saying I am oversensitive? Fuck yes it does. There isn't even any substance to this discussion. It's just you randomly insulting me.

Seriously, wtf.

RBP
10-09-2014, 02:22 AM
Enough. I am taking a week off from here. See you all next week some time.

Muddy
10-09-2014, 12:13 PM
Rainbow, don't go. I know you are a champion for your cause.. I think you have a little disdain for females.. I cant sit here and prove you wrong though without analyzing and categorizing your posts over the years.. I just don't have the time, dedication, or want/need to do that. But really, I'm taking the piss here.. I called you a misogynist... ease up. You are being as radical in your response as the group of females you loathe.. Call me a racist, I have a tendency to be a little sensitive over the bullshit we take off of blacks.. I'm sure I'll deny it and say your wrong.. Fuck it man, it's the internet.

(And yes mother fucker, I do value your opinion. I think you are very knowledgeable- even if I dont always agree with it)

RBP
10-17-2014, 05:03 AM
Rainbow, don't go. I know you are a champion for your cause.. I think you have a little disdain for females.. I cant sit here and prove you wrong though without analyzing and categorizing your posts over the years.. I just don't have the time, dedication, or want/need to do that. But really, I'm taking the piss here.. I called you a misogynist... ease up. You are being as radical in your response as the group of females you loathe.. Call me a racist, I have a tendency to be a little sensitive over the bullshit we take off of blacks.. I'm sure I'll deny it and say your wrong.. Fuck it man, it's the internet.

(And yes mother fucker, I do value your opinion. I think you are very knowledgeable- even if I dont always agree with it)

We're good. Not stressing it.

Hal-9000
10-17-2014, 06:55 PM
A potential new member of team RBP? I have Hal turned but I need more. :tup:

:hand:

I've believed in equality since I was a young lad...and that means all aspects, including legal punishments.

You just have to switch the genders in these stories. A male adult teacher with a 10 YEAR OLD GIRL???? :thumbsup:

*you have turned me in other ways but I thought we agreed not to bring up those nights where we wore costumes in The Batcave 8-[

Muddy
11-02-2014, 06:04 PM
Male or female, the perp needs to be thrown in the Chippa..

redred
11-02-2014, 08:23 PM
Unless she's super hot

Muddy
11-02-2014, 08:27 PM
Not if the victims 10 years old.. Everybodies chopped.

PorkChopSandwiches
11-02-2014, 08:30 PM
10 is way below my tolerance level as well

Muddy
11-02-2014, 08:33 PM
http://i.imgur.com/bkHnLrL.jpg

redred
11-02-2014, 09:11 PM
Not if the victims 10 years old.. Everybodies chopped.
My bad didn't see the 10 year old yes you're right