PDA

View Full Version : USAF F-15 jet crashes in Lincolnshire

redred
10-08-2014, 03:49 PM
A US military aircraft has crashed in a field near houses and a school in Lincolnshire.

Witnesses saw the F-15 come down in a field near Broadgate, Weston Hills, at about 15:30 BST.

The pilot is believed to have ejected from the aircraft and police say he has been located and is safe.

Nearby Weston Hills Church of England Primary School has been evacuated but a member of staff said everyone at the school was fine.

redred
10-08-2014, 04:18 PM
http://i.imgur.com/pKkTOqz.jpg

A US military aircraft has crashed in a field near houses and a school in Lincolnshire.

Witnesses saw the F-15 come down in a field near Broadgate, Weston Hills, at about 15:30 BST.

The pilot is believed to have ejected from the aircraft and police say he has been located and is safe.

Nearby Weston Hills Church of England Primary School has been evacuated but a member of staff said everyone at the school was fine.

Shaun Gough, whose twin five-year-old daughters are pupils at the school, said part of the wing had landed in the field nearby.

"When my wife went to the school to pick up my daughter she said the black smoke was blowing across the car park and into the school," said Mr Gough.

"I was watching when it came down back end first, and when you're standing watching it come down close to your daughters' school it's pretty horrendous.

"The wing is in a field about 400 yards from the school. [I'm] just glad nobody has been hurt.

"I've seen a Sea King helicopter land and pick somebody up. I'm guessing it's the pilot."

FBD
10-08-2014, 04:24 PM
did the jihadists shoot it down :lol:

redred
10-08-2014, 04:36 PM
:tup: great joke :roll:

RBP
10-08-2014, 05:02 PM
Wow. Close call.

Goofy
10-08-2014, 08:24 PM
Friendly fire from us? 8-[