PDA

View Full Version : Police pepper-spray black teen inside his white foster parents' home, thinking he's a burglar

Teh One Who Knocks
10-09-2014, 10:46 AM
The Associated Press

RALEIGH, N.C. – Police say they mistook a black teenager for a burglar and pepper-sprayed him inside the home of his white foster parents.

Police in the suburban Raleigh town of Fuquay-Varina say they responded Monday to a call from a neighbor who saw DeShawn Currie walk through a door to the garage. Authorities say they used pepper spray when Currie "became profane, threatening and belligerent" and "refused to follow instructions" from officers.

Currie told WTVD that he became angry when three officers showed up and noted that the 18-year-old was not included in family photos on a mantle.

Ricky and Stacy Tyler say they have fostered Currie for about a year, recently moved into the home, and don't know all their neighbors.

Pony
10-09-2014, 11:31 AM
Once again, "became profane, threatening and belligerent" and "refused to follow instructions" from officers." is not the way to handle this situation.

FBD
10-09-2014, 02:53 PM
conveniently they omitted the part about him explaining half a dozen different ways that he should in fact be in the house before being told for zero reason that the police have no real reason to believe him

Muddy
10-09-2014, 03:12 PM
:facepalm:

Goofy
10-09-2014, 05:52 PM
conveniently they omitted the part about him explaining half a dozen different ways that he should in fact be in the house before being told for zero reason that the police have no real reason to believe him

You know this how? :-k

Oh, just remembered, you hate all authority figures and know for a fact they're all lying scum :lol: My mistake :P

PorkChopSandwiches
10-09-2014, 05:55 PM
You know this how? :-k

Oh, just remembered, you hate all authority figures and know for a fact they're all lying scum :lol: My mistake :P

Currie told WTVD that he became angry when three officers showed up and noted that the 18-year-old was not included in family photos on a mantle.

:tup:

FBD
10-09-2014, 05:57 PM
Sorry that you guys seem to think a policeman's job is to make you obey :razz: (and nevermind him stealing your stuff)

"No shit I'm not in those pics, I am a foster child"

:hand: we dont believe you darkie, let's go on down to the station

"cant even call my parents?"

:haha: thought they werent your parents, liar-boy! cuff him, jimmy

Goofy
10-09-2014, 06:00 PM
Sorry that you guys seem to think a policeman's job is to make you obey :razz: (and nevermind him stealing your stuff)

That's not what i think....... and where does stealing stuff come in to it? :-k I'm merely observing that acting like a dick toward three officers who've been called out to a potential burglary is not the best course of action.

FBD
10-09-2014, 06:14 PM
You're assuming he immediately began acting like a dick, though. I'd have been a dick to the cops too in that situation if they refused to listen to or believe a word I said, wouldnt let me contact someone that could resolve the situation.

You think people just up and act like a dick to a cop? Why would someone do that unless the cop is being a dickhead in the first place? Because that's very often how it happens, the cop comes onto the scene and expects for everyone to fluff them while they assess the situation, and your input may or may not be entirely disregarded by them regardless of the truth content.

Cops are trained to think they are the masters of any situation and when they come into a situation, completely disrespectfully assert their will and authority in an abrasive manner - and then on top of it expect YOU to be 100% acquiescent to their behavior, regardless of how disrespectful or illegal it may be.

Cops fuggin steal stuff all the time.

You want to know how cops are vs how they used to be?

I've had 2 reckless drivings. One I was actually driving recklessly. And that one, I got a older, nice cop, who very respectfully told me it was very dangerous to be driving 90 mph in the rain on the highway - said if I didnt have people in the car he would have just given me a speeding ticket, but said I went a little too far over the line, now slow down and get everyone home safe and when you go to court you can probably plead this down if the prosecutor is in a good mood. (I did.) (and that's not the same story about another old cop pulling me over and being an actual nice respectful representative of the law)

The other, I had a young 20 something jump out of his car and RUN at me yelling - that encounter, I was seriously fucking close because the guy was being that much of a dick to me.

I have so many of these stories (only some of which, like the above, where we were doing something wrong) where the cops steal from people I know or steal from their friends or just plain harass the fuck out of people, try to find any way to violate your rights like one of those fucking worms that crawls up your pisshole in a murky swamp.

I'm glad you've had such good experiences with the police....but around here? They arent referred to as pigs for nothing. For the most part, all of the old guard has been replace dwith snot nosed chip on their shoulders stick up their asses I have to set the entire world straight to my liking motherfuckers and god help you if you dont immediately do as they say.

In other words, the king's fucking mercenaries that we thought the world was rid of.

Know what its like having a friend cop who sees another cop not report himself taking drugs off some guy and then either using them or selling them himself? and most of the confiscated drugs pretty much get used by the cops or sold right back to other dealers and the cops pocket the cash?

I've got
too
many
fucking
stories.

and you wonder why I have the sunny outlook on the progression of the world that I do? :lol:

:dance:

Goofy
10-09-2014, 06:23 PM
You're assuming he immediately began acting like a dick, though. I'd have been a dick to the cops too in that situation if they refused to listen to or believe a word I said, wouldnt let me contact someone that could resolve the situation.

I got that far, not gonna bother reading the rest of your pamphlet since you're making the story up to suit your own agenda. Where in the OP story does it say the police refused to believe a word he said or refused to let him contact someone? Nowhere, that's where. I know for a fact the dude threatened to go grab his gun and shoot all 3 officers because they were white and he was a racist........ so i guess i'm correct on this occasion.

Muddy
10-09-2014, 06:27 PM
I know for a fact the dude threatened to go grab his gun and shoot all 3 officers because they were white and he was a racist....

Did he?

Goofy
10-09-2014, 06:29 PM
Did he?

He did in my version of the facts ;)

Muddy
10-09-2014, 06:30 PM
Ohhh.. :lol:

Goofy
10-09-2014, 06:33 PM
You see, we can all interpret things any way we like to confirm to our own beliefs or backup our own opinions :)

FBD
10-09-2014, 06:41 PM
Such incentives for conversation.

I'm just taking a shit ton of cop behavior and applying it to yet another situation where the cops most likely were just fucking douchebags. Why would this kid get ornery with them? Because they would not believe him - and in this day and age we can assume that there should have been a way to contact parents. I dont see any mention of they were unable to reach anyone, and then they came to the conclusion his story was not believable because he couldnt reach anyone to verify. It sounds like he was not even allowed to verify in the first place, at which point being faced with "we dont believe you and no we're not going to let you "call your parents and have someone tell us you're supposed to be here" " - and a cop denying that verification doesnt sound the least bit out of the ordinary for current police behaviors.

My guess is they told him that's all well and good but we dont believe you and we're going to take you to the station while we figure this out - and having no recourse and not being allowed to verify his story, the kid got pissed.

And who's making shit up? Assuming the kid was immediately belligerent with the police is making shit up.

PorkChopSandwiches
10-09-2014, 06:43 PM
Here is a more detailed store, but you have to get the news outside the US for the whole story

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2785370/Police-mistakenly-think-black-teen-home-burglar.html

FBD
10-09-2014, 06:52 PM
you only get prescreened news in the USA

"you dont stay here, there's white kids on that wall"

sure sure, cops did nodda fucking thing wrong :rolleyes:

they were being douchebag assholes, like they are trained to be.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-09-2014, 06:54 PM
Here is a more detailed store, but you have to get the news outside the US for the whole story

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2785370/Police-mistakenly-think-black-teen-home-burglar.html

The Daily Mail doesn't write original stories, they take all the local stories and combine them into one article.

Loser
10-09-2014, 07:24 PM
When 20% of the population commits 75% of the crime...etc.....:lol:

Muddy
10-09-2014, 07:25 PM
When 20% of the population commits 75% of the crime...etc.....:lol:

:shhh:

:racist: