PDA

View Full Version : California man steals $10,000 motorized wheelchair from man having a stroke on the sidewalk

Teh One Who Knocks
10-13-2014, 11:35 AM
By Mail Online Reporter

http://i.imgur.com/TMhX8fo.jpg

A California man is in custody after allegedly stealing a $10,000 wheelchair from a man suffering cerebral palsy who was having a seizure.

Richard Young, who uses the motorized wheelchair, said he was heading home and near 3rd Avenue and Oxford Street when the seizure hit.

Young told authorities a man who called himself 'Joe' called 911 then offered to take care of the wheelchair while Young was treated at the hospital.

'When I went into the ambulance, he took it away from the sidewalk,' Young told NBC Los Angeles.

'Joe' told Young he lived close by and would return the chair.

But when Young was released weeks went by without a word from 'Joe.'

Police went public with the crime Wednesday in hopes of getting a lead on the mystery man.

A Chula Vista resident soon called in saying they'd seen the stolen chair posted for sale on Craigslist.

Investigators pretended to be normal citizens interested in buying the chair to get a meeting with the seller, but the person who showed up said he'd posted the ad for a friend, Joseph Marshall.

Called to come to the meeting, Marshall arrived riding in the stolen chair.

Lt. Fritz Reber told reporters Marshall was arrested on suspicion of stealing the chair. He was also found to be in possession of methamphetamine.

Young has now been reunited with the expensive chair.

'I appreciate what you did,' he said to the people who helped him.

Hal-9000
10-13-2014, 06:27 PM
<--- hell
<--- lower hell
<--- basement of hell
<--- you are here :)