PDA

View Full Version : Pastor Says God Sending Worse Disease Than Ebola Because of Gay Marriage

Teh One Who Knocks
10-15-2014, 11:13 AM
By Michael Allen - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/bqe6lYP.png

Pastor Ron Baity, of the Berean Baptist Church in Winston Salem, N.C., recently claimed that God would send something worse than the deadly virus Ebola because North Carolina's 2012 ban on gay marriage was struck down by the courts.

According to RawStory.com (audio below), Pastor Baity preached, “I would hate to think that two skunks in the backyard was smart than a judge that supposed to have studied the laws of the land. Listen, we’re not getting wiser, we’re getting dumber. We’re not getting smarter. My friend, we are meriting, we are bringing the judgement of God on this nation as sure as Sodom and Gomorrah was destroyed, don’t be surprised at the plagues. Don’t be surprised at the judgement of God.”

“You think Ebola is bad now, just wait," added Pastor Baity. "If it’s not that, it’s going to be something else. My friends, I want you to understand, you can’t thumb your nose at God, and God turn his head away without God getting your attention.”

The Daily Beast reported that Pastor Baity was recognized with the "Watchmen" award from the Christian-based Family Research Council in 2012 for his "pro-family" positions, which included comparing gay people to maggots.

The Huffington Post noted that Pastor Baity also called for prosecuting homosexuals in 2012.

"For 300 years, we had laws that would prosecute that lifestyle," stated Pastor Baity. "We've gone down the wrong path. We've become so dumb that we have accepted a lie for the truth, and we've discarded the truth on the shoals of shipwreck."

In 2010, Pastor Baity was invited (and disinvited) to give an opening prayer at the North Carolina House of Representatives.

FBD
10-15-2014, 12:31 PM
study your history, pastor, this started in earnest one hundred years ago

Muddy
10-15-2014, 01:42 PM
Fuck this guy.

Hal-9000
10-15-2014, 05:17 PM
new abbreviation for government....God?