PDA

View Full Version : NATO intercepts Russian jets over Baltic Sea

Teh One Who Knocks
10-22-2014, 10:52 AM
By MATTI HUUHTANEN - The Associated Press

http://i.imgur.com/dQIG6Oy.jpg
Two US F-15C's flank a Canadian F-18 as they take part in a flypast over the NATO summit at the Celtic Manor Resort in Newport, South Wales, on September 5, 2014.

HELSINKI (AP) — NATO scrambled fighter jets twice in two days to intercept Russian military aircraft over the Baltic Sea, it said Tuesday amid reports that Russian military activity in the region is increasing.

Lt. Col. Robert Gericke said the Russian aircraft were flying in international airspace and had not violated the territory of alliance members.

Two Canadian F-18 Hornet jets were scrambled from the Siauliai Air Base in Lithuania on Monday to intercept a Russian Ilyushin-20 surveillance aircraft, which they shadowed for some 15 minutes, NATO said.

"Once identification was successful, the intercept mission was completed and the two Hornets returned to their base," a NATO statement said.

Earlier, the Latvian military tweeted that NATO F-16 jets were dispatched on Tuesday to intercept a Russian Ilyushin-20 surveillance aircraft over the Baltic Sea. Gericke confirmed that NATO jets had also intercepted a Russian aircraft that day, but could not immediately provide more details.

NATO, which has 16 fighter jets in the region monitoring Baltic airspace, said it regularly launches jets to identify "unknown or potentially hostile aircraft" in the proximity of national airspace.

There were two similar incidents in the region on Oct. 7 and Sept. 11, but on neither occasion did the Russian aircraft constitute a threat to NATO forces, the alliance said.

In the past five days, the Swedish Navy has been combing the Stockholm archipelago for signs of a foreign submarine that officials suspect entered its territorial waters illegally. It hasn't officially linked Russia to the suspected intrusion.

The Finnish military says that Russian military aircraft have violated the small Nordic country's airspace five times this year, and the Environment Institute said Russian military ships had twice intercepted one of its research vessels in international waters.

On Sept. 5 an Estonian security service officer was detained on the Russian border — Estonia and Russia disagree on which side of it — and is still in custody in Moscow.

FBD
10-22-2014, 12:34 PM
NATO -
never any tits out
naturally affecting total order
not a true organization

DemonGeminiX
10-22-2014, 12:55 PM
We should make Russian a dead language.

FBD
10-22-2014, 01:11 PM
:roll: keep that TV on, DGX, that's exactly what the programmers want you to believe

DemonGeminiX
10-22-2014, 01:13 PM
:-k

I'm thinking FBD is a Russian spy.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-22-2014, 01:17 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ws8hqk9.jpg

FBD
10-22-2014, 01:31 PM
:lol: just because I dont fall for government propaganda that's aimed at getting us into yet another fuggin war? get that bullshit outta here, I hope you guys dont believe your position to be in any way shape or form impartial.

DemonGeminiX
10-22-2014, 01:33 PM
:lol:

Whatever you say, you commie bastard.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-22-2014, 01:33 PM
:lol: just because I dont fall for government propaganda that's aimed at getting us into yet another fuggin war? get that bullshit outta here, I hope you guys dont believe your position to be in any way shape or form impartial.

Yes, because the Russians don't engage in any propaganda at all, what they spout out is the gospel :thumbsup:

FBD
10-22-2014, 01:44 PM
Note I did not address Russia's usage of propaganda - but if you want to go there, go ahead and compare it to what's been coming out of US-EU-NATO. which is worse? are you fkn kidding me? :lol:

You guys are ok with going and knocking over government after government all over the world, so long as they cant protect themselves? And the ones who can protect themselves, why they are evil? Who created, funded trained the mujahadeen, al quaeda, and ISIS? Who spends their country into oblivion and just prints all the currency to finance it? Who's implementing a police state? Who fucking dropped buildings and killed their own citizens to achieve that end? (oh, right, you're still too brainwashed on that propaganda to even consider that the leash handlers would have done it, again, great job, tv.)

Fcking patsies. :roll: Go ahead and give an apples to apples comparison for once.

Russian propaganda? Oh, like all the air travel maps and just about every bit of information they had when the Ukranians were ordered to shoot down that plane? As opposed to....oh, right, that incredibly convincing fuggin crayon drawing that the US produced? Nope, cant see the satellite data....nope, you cant have the ATC tapes...but nah, just believe us anyway, we're telling the troof, we wouldnt LIE to you, would we???

Sometimes I sit here and facepalm and have to say to myself are you people fcking stupid, or are you just *that* immersed in television and "news" that is presented to you, that you must believe what you are told, no matter what?

:lol: you guys crack me up. The black knight had a better defense.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-22-2014, 01:45 PM
Preach on comrade :thumbsup:

FBD
10-22-2014, 01:47 PM
Lance, if I were an umpire and the Away team's pitcher threw a strike, should I call that pitch a strike?

Or should I call it a ball, because, its the away team and all. They cant win here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64On9fSnhqs

You guys are sitting here telling me Drebbond is calling the game straight up, because someone who was watching the game from a rooftop phoned you and said something about how the game looked like its going :lol:

DemonGeminiX
10-22-2014, 02:09 PM
In Mother Russia, chair sit on you.

FBD
10-22-2014, 02:11 PM
I used to wonder why foreigners would say americans are idiots

DemonGeminiX
10-22-2014, 02:15 PM

Openly, while speaking with you? Hate to break bad news to you, buddy, but....

Teh One Who Knocks
10-22-2014, 02:15 PM

http://i.imgur.com/lMRCJgb.jpg

Thank you for supporting the motherland

FBD
10-22-2014, 03:19 PM
Openly, while speaking with you? Hate to break bad news to you, buddy, but....

:hand: I already know, you believe anything that's on the official government news propaganda channels no matter how stupid or idiotic the explanations are or how bad the evidence looks against 'us', and that's one of many reasons a lot of foreigners think americans are idiots.

FBD
10-22-2014, 03:35 PM
http://i.imgur.com/lMRCJgb.jpg

Thank you for supporting the motherland

Please explain how I am explicitly supporting Russia, where my focus is actually supporting freedom everywhere on this planet by opposing evil forces.

After everything that has happened with our government...do you seriously think its is all just out of sheer bumbling incompetence? Its hundred+ year display of being bought and purchased, bit by bit, pillars of the foundation of the country being chipped away, the decimation of states input into the federal government, the ongoing debasement of currency and outright lying to the public, and then on to promoting resource wars all over the fucking planet?

Everywhere we have gone has had natural resources we are after. Places that have nothing, we could give two fucks about. Our government was stripmined by the banks before our currency was stripmined, before the economy was stripmined, and now that the fraud bubbles have grown to utterly epic proportions, then its time to start attacking the host?

Those that have taken over the governments of the US, England, Denmark, Germany, etc, etc, are directly tied to the banks that financed all of it, and now the oligarch class basically has its way with the citizenry!

And you think this is just some....what? Leaving the border purposefully open? Purposefully spending twice as much as we take in taxes? Creating new exotic bioweapons? Having the bank lobby write graham leech billy and then dodd frank? Having the insurance lobby write obamacare? Having the supreme court get into the business of writing laws in having rewrote obamacare? Watching GE write off every single dollar it actually did shell out in taxes and then some? Every other super large corporation doing this?

You two need to wake the fuck up to reality.

I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent.

-Thomas Jefferson, letter to Francis Hopkinson, March 13, 1789

Pony
10-22-2014, 04:45 PM

Потому растущего большинства идиоты.