PDA

View Full Version : Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's

Teh One Who Knocks
10-24-2014, 11:31 AM
Antonia Molloy - The Independent

http://i.imgur.com/DTGeKAS.jpg

McDonald’s myths are easy to come by and we all know that fresh, organic food is not only healthier but tastes much nicer, right?

Scroll down for video (turn on subtitles)

Wrong - at least according to Life Hunters’ YouTubers Sacha and Cedrique.

The pair visited the annual food convention in Houten in The Netherlands, where they asked unwitting gastronomic experts to taste samples of McDonald’s food and offer their opinions on this “new, organic alternative to fast food”.

“Delicious”, “fresh”, “tasty” and ”firm” are just some of the adjective used by the food critics in a video posted on YouTube.

“It’s nice and firm, it has a good bite,” says one.

Another adds: “It rolls around the tongue nicely; if it were wine I’d say it’s fine.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Qa6QXBxxWw

The foodies were then cajoled into making a direct comparison with McDonald's. Asked how the “organic” fare shapes up in comparison to the fast food giant, one individual says: “It’s definitely a lot tastier than McDonald's, you can just tell this is a lot more pure.”

And another replies: “It tastes a lot better, and the fact that it’s organic is definitely a good thing. It’s just better for you. The taste is a lot richer.”

Sasha and Cedrique concluded: “If you tell people that something is organic, they’ll automatically believe it’s organic.”

However, some social media users have criticised the pair for “tricking” their interviewees, while others pointed out that there is no real difference in the taste of organic and non-organic food.

Muddy
10-24-2014, 12:37 PM
:smh: "the Porky effect" thats what Im going to call it.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-24-2014, 12:51 PM
Just goes to show that these self-appointed "foodies" are full of shit.

deebakes
10-24-2014, 12:54 PM
i just know what kind of food i like and don't like, i wouldn't consider myself a "foodie". I do appreciate a tasty meal, regardless of where it comes from :shrug:

deebakes
10-24-2014, 12:54 PM
but i would think people could tell it was mcdonalds shit upfront :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
10-24-2014, 01:27 PM
i just know what kind of food i like and don't like, i wouldn't consider myself a "foodie". I do appreciate a tasty meal, regardless of where it comes from :shrug:

I'm not talking about you and me and the average person, I'm talking about these self absorbed people declaring themselves 'foodies' and writing in their blog or posting their YT video critiquing food like they have some innate culinary skills and super special taste buds that Joe Schmo doesn't have because they are better than us and we don't know what food we should like without them telling us.

FBD
10-24-2014, 01:31 PM
I'd think anyone with a halfway decent pair of taste buds would be able to call out garbage like mcdonalds.

I can tell the difference between grass fed beef and grain fed beef no problem. shit like lettuce though, forget about it. as long as its fresh, you're not going to notice it much on a burger unless it was really grown crappy.

Muddy
10-24-2014, 01:37 PM
I'd think anyone with a halfway decent pair of taste buds would be able to call out garbage like mcdonalds.

I can tell the difference between grass fed beef and grain fed beef no problem. shit like lettuce though, forget about it. as long as its fresh, you're not going to notice it much on a burger unless it was really grown crappy.

I bet you couldn't tell the difference in the beef if they were both salted.

FBD
10-24-2014, 01:57 PM
since I dont eat much salt at all...sure that would mask some of the difference...with enough salt, yeah, completely overtake all other tastes :lol:

but I'd take that pepsi challenge - the consistency of the meat itself is different ;)

deebakes
10-25-2014, 06:12 AM
i actually ordered a big mac on a road trip not long ago and was extremely disappointed with the product, not nearly as good as i remembered during my college "broke-ass" days :shrug:

DemonGeminiX
10-25-2014, 01:19 PM
Everything tastes good when you're broke and starving.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-25-2014, 01:43 PM
If you don't go to McD's very often, say once a month or less, the food usually tastes pretty good.

FBD
10-25-2014, 04:15 PM
:hand: its absolutely rotten and kills your guts if you never go and then one day...

PorkChopSandwiches
10-25-2014, 04:38 PM
I bet you couldn't tell the difference in the beef if they were both salted.

Grass fed and grain fed are noticeably different. I would bet if you ate a grass fed steak unknowingly you would think something was wrong with it. We have all been raised on grain fed so long we have become accustom to it.

FBD
10-25-2014, 04:41 PM
Grass fed and grain fed are noticeably different. I would bet if you ate a grass fed steak unknowingly you would think something was wrong with it. We have all been raised on grain fed so long we have no basis to determine how the meat will be qualitatively different on an completely different diet.

:D

:theyareontome:

PorkChopSandwiches
10-25-2014, 05:51 PM
:shhh::shhh: