PDA

View Full Version : Goodfellas Actor Sues The Simpsons for Using His Likeness, 23 Years Later

Teh One Who Knocks
10-24-2014, 11:50 AM
People Magazine

http://i.imgur.com/g8cXgZO.jpg

As far back as we can remember, we always wanted to be a character on The Simpsons. But not everybody feels the same way.

Actor Frank Sivero, who played Goodfellas character Frankie Carbone, has filed a $250 million lawsuit against Fox Television Studios for basing one of The Simpsons's mob characters on his likeness.

Sivero alleges that he lived in a Sherman Oaks, California, apartment next door to writers of the show and that Simpsons producer James L. Brooks was "highly aware of who Sivero was, the fact that he created the role of Frankie Carbone, and that The Simpsons character Louie would be based on this character."

"During this time, both writers knew who Sivero was, and they saw each other almost every day," the complaint continues. "They knew he was developing the character he was to play in the movie Goodfellas, a movie Sivero did in 1989. In fact, they were aware the entire character of 'Frankie Carbone' was created and developed by Sivero, who based this character on his own personality."

The suit continues, alleging that the show's production unit, Gracie Films, told Sivero "he would be part of the future" of the show, and that he spoke to Brooks at a party in 1995/6 about working together.

The character of Louie, one of mobster Fat Tony's henchmen, first appeared in the fourth season of The Simpsons, in October 1991.

Muddy
10-24-2014, 12:31 PM
Somebody must be low on cash..

deebakes
10-24-2014, 12:58 PM
i assume if he actually made a reasonable request for repayment, not $250 million, the simpsons folks would have actually done something for him :shrug:

Muddy
10-24-2014, 01:30 PM
Hey man how did you make your fortune of 1/4 billion dollars? Oh, the Simpsons did a spoof character of me that no one gives a shit about!

Teh One Who Knocks
10-24-2014, 01:35 PM
I just looked it up, out of the more than 550 episodes, the character of Louie has appeared in a grand total of 16. That's less than 3% of the episodes of the entire series.

FBD
10-25-2014, 05:10 PM
what a tool. simpsons came out in what, fuggin 88? and you wait until TWO THOUSAND FOURTEEN to bitch about it????????? fuuuuuuuuuuck you moron

Goofy
10-25-2014, 05:33 PM
I tyhink they based Barney on me, how much do you reckon that's wprth? :-k

FBD
10-25-2014, 05:51 PM
BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRP!!!!

Too bad every drunk out there hasnt hit 'em with a class action :lol:

Goofy
10-25-2014, 06:01 PM
BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRP!!!!

Too bad every drunk out there hasnt hit 'em with a class action :lol:

Did you juswt cvall me a drunk? :-s

:burp:

FBD
10-25-2014, 06:03 PM
:lol: no, but I wish I did, that would have been funny :dance:

Goofy
10-25-2014, 06:05 PM
Like i care, there's an Indian heading towards me with a mixed kebab and garlic bread.......... call me what you like, i'll soon be a well fed drunken bastard :lol:

FBD
10-25-2014, 06:08 PM
:lol: Goof, if I did call you a drunk, it would be mostly a term of endearment :lol: if even I'm over your side of the pond, pint's on me brotha. you know I like to speak plainly and call a spade a spade and even use more harsh terms, but most of the time the harsh terms are just colloquialisms, my friends and I all talk like that to each other. tell things straight up and even be insulting, its like being in a mosh pit, an accidental elbow to the ribs happens but nobody's at each other's throats over it.

Goofy
10-25-2014, 06:38 PM
:lol: Goof, if I did call you a drunk, it would be mostly a term of endearment :lol: if even I'm over your side of the pond, pint's on me brotha. you know I like to speak plainly and call a spade a spade and even use more harsh terms, but most of the time the harsh terms are just colloquialisms, my friends and I all talk like that to each other. tell things straight up and even be insulting, its like being in a mosh pit, an accidental elbow to the ribs happens but nobody's at each other's throats over it.

Pretty similar here :lol:

Here's a text from one of my mates i got last night, word for word:

"Steve beatin fukin imposter goat Goofy tattoe on his airm the hoor 180"

I kid you not :lol:

Hikari Kisugi
10-25-2014, 07:03 PM
Are 'parodies' not allowed in US comedy?

deebakes
10-25-2014, 07:14 PM
wouldn't it be the movie company that would bring about a lawsuit since they created the character the guy played in the movie? :-k

FBD
10-28-2014, 04:20 PM
Pretty similar here :lol:

Here's a text from one of my mates i got last night, word for word:

"Steve beatin fukin imposter goat Goofy tattoe on his airm the hoor 180"

I kid you not :lol:

:lol:

I love that english shit
-the mgr in major league