PDA

View Full Version : Terrible Human Defaces National Parks With Ugly Drawings

Teh One Who Knocks
10-24-2014, 02:38 PM
Leah Finnegan - Gawker

http://i.imgur.com/nhyq36Q.png

Nature is so beautiful. So is art. It might seem right to combine the two, if you are stupid. That is what a woman named Casey Nocket has been doing on her grand hiking tour across America.

There are a few problems, however. Nocket's art is butt-ugly, and it is also permanent, drawn on Mother Earth with acrylic paint. It is making lovers of nature, and, we assume, nature itself, very angry.

According to Modern Hiker, which first reported Nocket's hijinks, the young woman, who tags her works with the moniker "creepytings," has been documenting her travails on Instagram and has defiled national parks from Joshua Tree to Rocky Mountain with strange paintings of deformed faces smoking cigarettes. Vandalism of a national park is a federal misdemeanor.

For her part, Nocket has deleted her Instagram account but has allegedly taken to her defense on Tumblr, where she is actively replying to her haters. "If banksy did it u'd have a hardon, [sic]" she wrote to one critic of her work. Too bad false equivalence is the fallacy of our time.

Muddy
10-24-2014, 02:55 PM
Yeah, thats funked up.. Why cant the bitch use chalk or something?

FBD
10-24-2014, 03:11 PM
impermanence, bitch

Teh One Who Knocks
10-24-2014, 04:00 PM
Yeah, thats funked up.. Why cant the bitch use chalk or something?

Because this whole world is turning into a "ME! ME! ME! ME! IT'S ALL ABOUT ME!!!" place :|

FBD
10-24-2014, 04:01 PM
someone should do another hike group project and remove every single last one

Muddy
10-24-2014, 04:34 PM
someone should do another hike group project and remove every single last one

Or just paint the fuggin thing brown like the rock..

Griffin
10-24-2014, 11:24 PM
http://i.imgur.com/sTiVI.jpg

Loser
10-25-2014, 12:02 AM
Because the entire U.S is turning into a "ME! ME! ME! ME! IT'S ALL ABOUT ME!!!" place :|

Ftfy. ;)

Teh One Who Knocks
10-25-2014, 01:44 PM
Ftfy. ;)

It's not just Americans

FBD
10-25-2014, 05:52 PM
we're just leading that race, that's all

Teh One Who Knocks
10-31-2014, 10:48 AM
Alan Gathright - 7 News Denver

ROCKY MOUNTAIN NATIONAL PARK, Colo. - The National Park Service has identified a 21-year-old New York State woman as the primary suspect in recent vandalism incidents at eight iconic parks in the West, including Rocky Mountain National Park and Colorado National Monument.

The Park Service said the suspect is Casey Nocket, who lives in Highland, N.Y., according to public records.

The young woman reportedly outed herself by posting photographs of her rock drawings on Instagram. Word of what she was doing spread and she was soon being blasted on social media.

Park Service spokesman Jeffrey Olson said a hiking blog flagged the vandalism for park officials.

The blogger, ModernHiker.com founder and editor Casey Schreiner, said the woman wrote on Instagram that she used acrylic paint and told someone else, "I know, I'm a bad person."

In an Oct. 21 blog, Schreiner wrote he learned from a friend's Facebook post about "a woman named Casey Nocket who had traveled to the west coast from New York for a few weeks. Ms. Nocket had been enjoying her time in the outdoors so much that she decided to document her trip on Instagram. And apparently Nocket was so moved by all the natural beauty she saw that she just had to paint all over it."

The Instagram account painted on the photos, Creepytings, is no longer available to public viewing.

"National Park Service investigators have confirmed that images were painted on rocks and boulders in Yosemite National Park, Death Valley National Park, and Joshua Tree National Park, all in California; Rocky Mountain National Park and Colorado National Monument, both in Colorado; Crater Lake National Park, in Oregon; Zion National Park and Canyonlands National Park, both in Utah," Olson said in a news release.

"Investigators continue to collect evidence of the crimes, conduct interviews, and are consulting with the U.S. Attorney's Office about potential charges. We ask the public to exercise patience and allow due process to take its course as the investigation moves forward," Olson added.

Vandalism on federal land is Federal Class A misdemeanor that carries a penalty of a $5,000 fine and one year in prison.

"The image in Rocky Mountain National Park was reported to the park and removed in late September before similar images were found in the other national parks," Olson said. "An image in Yosemite National Park was removed by an unknown person or persons."

If people visiting these parks come upon these images, they should contact the nearest park ranger with information about the image location, Olson said. Visitors should not attempt to remove the images.

Muddy
10-31-2014, 12:13 PM
:yes:

Teh One Who Knocks
10-31-2014, 12:18 PM
I hope they throw the book at this bitch...go for the max on all the counts of vandalism she did.