PDA

View Full Version : Georgia Man Told To Remove NRA Hat Prior To Voting

Teh One Who Knocks
10-29-2014, 11:20 AM
By Dominic Kelly - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/kDgdDBq.jpg

A veteran in Georgia was outraged when a poll worker asked him to remove his National Rifle Association (NRA) hat before voting, and now, he has filed an official complaint.

According to reports, Bundy Cobb, an NRA-certified firearms trainer, wears a hat that says “NRA Instructor” on it in an effort to promote his business, True Aim Defense. When he went to the polls to vote, a worker informed him that he needed to take off his hat so as not appear to be voting for a specific party.

“I went by the first two ladies, and they didn’t say anything,” said Cobb. “And then the next lady, she said, ‘Sir, you’re going to have to take off your hat.'"

Cobb says that the worker explained that the hat insinuated that he was aligned with the Republican Party or the Tea Party, but Cobb doesn’t see it that way.

“It’s ridiculous,” he told the Daily Caller. “My hat advertises my business.”

Cobb took the hat off as he was asked, but after he was done voting, he filed an official complaint with the board of elections. Laurie Fulton, Douglas County Elections Supervisor, explains why the decision was made to not allow NRA-related items to be displayed at voting locations.

“The courts have found that anything that suggests associated with the NRA in many people’s perceptions is associated with the Republican Party,” Fulton said. “So in an overabundance of caution Mr. Cobb was asked to remove the hat so that no one could, you know, interpret that we were playing any favoritism over one party over the other.”

Cobb, however, says that the policy is ridiculous, claiming that he personally knows Democrats who are NRA members.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-29-2014, 11:21 AM
You can vote without ID proving who you are and that you legally have the right to cast a ballot, but don't you dare try and vote while wearing an NRA hat :nono:

FBD
10-29-2014, 12:29 PM
what a crock of bullshit

Teh One Who Knocks
10-29-2014, 01:25 PM
Guarantee if he was black or hispanic wearing a hat with the name and logo of some labor union on it, nobody would have said a thing.

Muddy
10-29-2014, 02:21 PM
Yeah, and not a damn thing wrong with the people handing out "sample ballots" in the parking lot... :wtf:

FBD
10-29-2014, 02:27 PM
how else can there be a ballot crisis

RBP
10-29-2014, 02:53 PM
In the next primary, I am going to wear a picture of an aborted fetus and ask for a Democrat ballot.

FBD
10-29-2014, 03:02 PM
:lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
10-29-2014, 03:21 PM
:lol:

DemonGeminiX
10-29-2014, 03:29 PM
You can vote without ID proving who you are and that you legally have the right to cast a ballot, but don't you dare try and vote while wearing an NRA hat :nono:

Not in Georgia. You have to show ID. Or, at least you have to show ID in my county.