PDA

View Full Version : Trooper ambush suspect, Eric Frein, taken in handcuffs of slain officer

Teh One Who Knocks
10-31-2014, 10:35 AM
FOX News and The Associated Press

http://i.imgur.com/dVslflh.jpg

The frantic search for Eric Frein, the suspect in the deadly ambush of a Pennsylvania state trooper, ended Thursday night when U.S. Marshals arrested Frein in an airport hangar near Buck Hill.

Frein was slapped with the handcuffs of the officer he allegedly shot and killed, making it a fitting end to the seven-week manhunt.

Cpl. Bryon Dickson was 38-years-old when Frein allegedly opened fire outside the Blooming Grove state police barracks on Sept. 12. Dickson died from the injuries he suffered, while fellow officer Trooper Alex Douglass, 31, was seriously wounded.

Looking for Frein in the same area the team had been searching for over two months, officers thought they saw he suspect and immediately told him to surrender. Frein was able to be taken into custody without any incident.

"He did not just give up because he was tired," state police Commissioner Frank Noonan said in a press conference late Thursday night. "He gave up because he was caught."

The quiet takedown of Frein, who kneeled and put his hands up when marshals approached him, ended weeks of tension and turmoil in the area, as authorities at times closed schools, canceled outdoor events and blockaded roads to pursue him. Residents grew weary of hearing helicopters whirring overhead, while small businesses suffered mounting losses and town supervisors canceled a popular Halloween parade.

Prosecutors will now seek the death penalty for Frein, as he is facing multiple capital offenses: first-degree murder, murder of a law enforcement official and first-degree attempted murder.

Frein is also facing various other charges including two counts of possession of weapons of mass destruction after police found pipe bombs during their search.

Frein belonged to a military re-enactor's group, playing the part of a Serbian solder. He had a small role in a 2007 movie about a concentration camp survivor and helped with props and historical references on a documentary about World War I.

The FBI named him to its 10 most wanted list.

Earlier this month, Pennsylvania State Police revealed information from a journal found in the woods in which Frein allegedly described shooting the state troopers. They also detailed campsites where Frein was believed to have hidden, cooking over small fires even as heavily armed police hunted him. Police found pipe bomb booby traps and a gun resting against a tree, but had only had a handful of unconfirmed sightings of Frein.

"Got a shot around 11 p.m. and took it," Frein wrote on papers found by police. "He [Dickson] dropped. I was surprised at how quick."

FBD
10-31-2014, 12:21 PM
you murder one of the protected class and you can just about guarantee they murder you back

Teh One Who Knocks
10-31-2014, 12:26 PM
:-s

Not sure, and I may be wrong, but he looks pretty alive in that photo :-k

perrhaps
10-31-2014, 12:30 PM
No one's been executed in PA since 1999.