PDA

View Full Version : Putin to Western elites: Play-time is over

FBD
10-31-2014, 12:50 PM
Most people in the English-speaking parts of the world missed Putin's speech at the Valdai conference in Sochi a few days ago, and, chances are, those of you who have heard of the speech didn't get a chance to read it, and missed its importance. (For your convenience, I am pasting in the full transcript of his speech below.) Western media did their best to ignore it or to twist its meaning. Regardless of what you think or don't think of Putin (like the sun and the moon, he does not exist for you to cultivate an opinion) this is probably the most important political speech since Churchill's “Iron Curtain” speech of March 5, 1946.

In this speech, Putin abruptly changed the rules of the game. Previously, the game of international politics was played as follows: politicians made public pronouncements, for the sake of maintaining a pleasant fiction of national sovereignty, but they were strictly for show and had nothing to do with the substance of international politics; in the meantime, they engaged in secret back-room negotiations, in which the actual deals were hammered out. Previously, Putin tried to play this game, expecting only that Russia be treated as an equal. But these hopes have been dashed, and at this conference he declared the game to be over, explicitly violating Western taboo by speaking directly to the people over the heads of elite clans and political leaders.

The Russian blogger chipstone summarized the most salient points from Putin speech as follows:

1. Russia will no longer play games and engage in back-room negotiations over trifles. But Russia is prepared for serious conversations and agreements, if these are conducive to collective security, are based on fairness and take into account the interests of each side.

2. All systems of global collective security now lie in ruins. There are no longer any international security guarantees at all. And the entity that destroyed them has a name: The United States of America.

3. The builders of the New World Order have failed, having built a sand castle. Whether or not a new world order of any sort is to be built is not just Russia's decision, but it is a decision that will not be made without Russia.

4. Russia favors a conservative approach to introducing innovations into the social order, but is not opposed to investigating and discussing such innovations, to see if introducing any of them might be justified.

5. Russia has no intention of going fishing in the murky waters created by America's ever-expanding “empire of chaos,” and has no interest in building a new empire of her own (this is unnecessary; Russia's challenges lie in developing her already vast territory). Neither is Russia willing to act as a savior of the world, as she had in the past.

6. Russia will not attempt to reformat the world in her own image, but neither will she allow anyone to reformat her in their image. Russia will not close herself off from the world, but anyone who tries to close her off from the world will be sure to reap a whirlwind.

7. Russia does not wish for the chaos to spread, does not want war, and has no intention of starting one. However, today Russia sees the outbreak of global war as almost inevitable, is prepared for it, and is continuing to prepare for it. Russia does not war—nor does she fear it.

8. Russia does not intend to take an active role in thwarting those who are still attempting to construct their New World Order—until their efforts start to impinge on Russia's key interests. Russia would prefer to stand by and watch them give themselves as many lumps as their poor heads can take. But those who manage to drag Russia into this process, through disregard for her interests, will be taught the true meaning of pain.

9. In her external, and, even more so, internal politics, Russia's power will rely not on the elites and their back-room dealing, but on the will of the people.

Text of Vladimir Putin’s speech and a question and answer session at the final plenary meeting of the Valdai International Discussion Club’s XI session in Sochi on 24 October 2014.
http://cluborlov.blogspot.com/2014/10/putin-to-western-elites-play-time-is.html

DemonGeminiX
10-31-2014, 12:53 PM
Putin doesn't give two shits about the "will" of his people.

FBD
10-31-2014, 12:56 PM
:lol: cmon dgx, you're going to have to do a little better than that. how would you have putin act, faced with what the US & NATO are doing? you cant assert that he somehow respects the will of his people less than the US government respects its citizens.

(did you even bother....no, have you ever bothered, reading a single word of his?)

and did you miss that items 3-9 basically ARE the will of the russian people?

Teh One Who Knocks
10-31-2014, 01:02 PM
http://i.imgur.com/b5NJhmx.png

FBD
10-31-2014, 01:08 PM
:lol: still calling the log scale linear, eh?

didnt mum ever tell you dont throw stones when you live in a glass house?

its amusing how eager you two are to MF russia and putin, all it needs is mention,

and you absolutely refuse to look at the situation impartially.

dont know what else to tell you guys other than yeah lance, I agree, you two have been thoroughly saturated with propaganda.

if you'd like to provide some examples of how the us government is doing a much better job, on just about any front, go ahead, I could use some friday entertainment.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-31-2014, 01:14 PM
http://i.imgur.com/77zqQaP.jpg

FBD
10-31-2014, 01:22 PM
the kremlin's translation:

http://eng.kremlin.ru/transcripts/23137

I would encourage reading it. (and then if you have a problem with something he said, point it out, instead of kneejerk PUTIN!EVIL!RUSSIA!BAD! and knowing not a single word that came out of his mouth.

indeed, do you know any words that have come out of his mouth, not through a translation from someone like John Bolton on Fox? :roll: )

Teh One Who Knocks
10-31-2014, 01:26 PM
(and then if you have a problem with something he said, point it out, instead of kneejerk PUTIN!EVIL!RUSSIA!BAD! and knowing not a single word that came out of his mouth.

Why? You do the same exact thing with everything posted here about the government/NATO/Europe/DoD/etc

http://i.imgur.com/R5n5Nkr.png

FBD
10-31-2014, 01:29 PM
:lol: whatever, motherfucker, you think I havent done my homework? you watch goddam fox news and then wonder why you're sitting there like neanderthal going UHHH PUTIN BAD TV TOL ME SO

paint it white and call it blue, you can invent whatever stupid shit you want on your own forum.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-31-2014, 01:38 PM
:lol: whatever, motherfucker, you think I havent done my homework? you watch goddam fox news and then wonder why you're sitting there like neanderthal going UHHH PUTIN BAD TV TOL ME SO

paint it white and call it blue, you can invent whatever stupid shit you want on your own forum.

http://i.imgur.com/z34wJdcl.jpg

perrhaps
10-31-2014, 01:39 PM
FBD:

Why do you even bother getting up in the morning when there is so little time to convince all of us rubes?

FBD
10-31-2014, 01:45 PM
one significant reason why the USA will never be fixed is because of the preponderance of brainwashed motherfuckers of all intelligence levels.

SO predisposed to thinking one comes from the most benevolent force on earth - well why not, you've been told that your entire life growing up

america, fuck yeah

so predisposed, when you're shown evidence right to your face you go ....

...nah...that's aint right, sorry, I just cant believe it

then you call the religious zealot that lopped off another kid's head crazy

your worldview is almost as delusional.

I still havent seen you guys articulate your position, aside from TeH NeWS, pre-formatted and pre-selected and graded for your ease of digestion

but no, go ahead and keep on thinking that there's nothing wrong with our government ignoring the constitution, or most of the media being owned by like 8 dudes or something ridiculous.

nothing like streamlining and controlling what people get to argue over, right?

:facepalm:

there's simply no point in telling some of you to wake the fuck up, because you're snoring and telling yourself you've already had breakfast and coffee

FBD
10-31-2014, 01:46 PM
FBD:

Why do you even bother getting up in the morning when there is so little time to convince all of us rubes?

I just keep forgetting how brainwashed a lot of people are. You try and talk some sense, but you get the hand and you get told "sorry, we've already been programmed"

Muddy
10-31-2014, 01:55 PM
http://i.imgur.com/z34wJdcl.jpg

:lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
10-31-2014, 02:33 PM
I have to agree fbd

Muddy
10-31-2014, 02:37 PM
We're just here to corn around a little Fbd, don't get so invested in all this crap..

FBD
10-31-2014, 06:19 PM
:buddha:

Goofy
10-31-2014, 06:27 PM
one significant reason why the USA will never be fixed is because of the preponderance of brainwashed motherfuckers of all intelligence levels.

SO predisposed to thinking one comes from the most benevolent force on earth - well why not, you've been told that your entire life growing up

Well, either that or most folk just have better things to do with their time than worry about crap that they have no control over ;)

Noilly Pratt
11-01-2014, 05:43 PM
It's like the 1970s again, where we fear Russia. The Cold War all over again and for the sake of our security we've traded away more freedom than we thought possible.

Interesting times ahead, kids. It's like a big game of Risk where Russia backs someone and the U.S. does the same.

perrhaps
11-03-2014, 03:22 PM
It's like the 1970s again, where we fear Russia. The Cold War all over again and for the sake of our security we've traded away more freedom than we thought possible.

Interesting times ahead, kids. It's like a big game of Risk where Russia backs someone and the U.S. does the same.

Can't win unless you capture Indonesia.

Noilly Pratt
11-03-2014, 03:45 PM
Can't win unless you capture Indonesia.

I thought that Australia was the continent to get. Oh well, probably why I usually lose at that game! :)

perrhaps
11-03-2014, 04:41 PM
I thought that Australia was the continent to get. Oh well, probably why I usually lose at that game! :)

I stand corrected. Indonesia is the gateway out of Australia.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-03-2014, 04:42 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzLtF_PxbYw

amex
11-03-2014, 05:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHt9iqZWkdw
Putin gives speech and few days later some more Russian soldiers go to Ukraine on Hols.:shock: